Page 38 of 81 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
    Source: Broncos bringing CB Devante Bausby back, one year deal.

He had other offers.

Haven’t seen his name mentioned but Damon Harrison is also available

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Haven’t seen his name mentioned but Damon Harrison is also available
    He fills the same role as Purcell. Reader offered pass rush potential, which is why we went hard after him.

If we could somehow get Harris, Wolfe, and Amukamara, I'd feel good about that. I don't want to go into the draft with a major need at corner, because we have other needs to address with our early picks. Somebody mentioned that Elway doesn't draft ILB's early, and I don't expect that to change. ILB is just not a need for this team apparently, and they see Davis at 5 million as a real value. I don't have any confidence in getting a stud DL early in the draft, and anything past that will likely be developmental. I guess the word is that they're done on the IOL, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did get somebody early to middle.

So, obviously, we as fans would like to see an OT early to push Bolles or possibly replace him at some point next year. The FO may not feel that way, though. JE got a lot of justification when Simmons became a Pro Bowler under Fangio. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he wanted to wait and see on Bolles, which I think is a terrible mistake, because I don't want to see Lock get screwed up by inferior pass protection. James is still a question mark as well. It's a serious issue, IMO.

I don't know if we'll sign a wideout (they're always way too overpaid in FA, and JE clearly isn't about that). If we don't, I think we might double down at receiver in this draft. My hope is that we get a tackle early, and then either trade back up or take a receiver with our pick in the 2nd round. We have a #1 receiver. We need complimentary receivers (though Ruggs would be a great compliment to Sutton). A lot of smoke about Diggs and Cooper has been blown up peoples asses, but it makes no sense to invest that kind of money or capital into a #1 caliber guy, especially in a draft like this. That would be incredibly foolish, especially after we let a team outbid us by a little over 1 per annual (don't know about guaranteed, but yeah) on a player we were targeting in FA. Having Wolfe, Harris, and Amaukamara on hand allows us to do that w/o having to trade all of our picks away to move way up. We still need to target a RB, hopefully a S like Chinn, and depth to fill out the roster.

I say this not knowing if the money would work. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be a ton of interest in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Not necessarily; Shelton is a 2 down player.
    With his injury history, I would imagine Wolfe is no longer a 3 down player himself...

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    The issue with many here will be what is the “right price”?

S. Harris and Wolfe will likely be $15-20M for both. Depending on your point of view of their value and the market price will be the issue. Some will think that price ridiculous.

And if Elway can use his old car dealership tricks to sell them on taking less even better! But don’t try to convince me that a bargain “ bait and switch.” is more desirable. Maybe more realistic but not better.

Personally I would spend it. I would have from the beginning but especially now. Then add a DT at the end of the 3rd to 5th rd picks.

I was hoping for one or two key upgrades. One of the ILBs or two( not one) IOL upgrades. I would have signed McGovern and the addition of Glasgow. Then still use a couple of the top 6 picks on oline depth/ talent.

JMO. Obviously Elway and Co have other plans. I will be interested to see how it plays out over the coming days in the value pick leftovers.
    I think you, as well as they themselves, are overestimating the value of Harris and Wolfe. Their market is not as hot as they had hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He fills the same role as Purcell. Reader offered pass rush potential, which is why we went hard after him.
    Reader’s season high for sacks is 2.5. I understand there’s more to it than just sacks but Harrison and Joseph offer that same pocket collapsing, occupying blockers complimentary pass rush style that Reader brought to the table.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 03-18-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Thoughtful comments all around this thread, IMHO we should not go all in now in the FA's. the next season hinges on Lock developping and a defense that will give us a chance to hold the other team at bay.

In this scenario we should:

Try to get CHJ back on board now that no one is lining up to sign him. Make him a team friendly deal and add performance bonuses

Sign Shelby Harris and bring him back to our DL, I think he did a nice job last year and he has the potential to develop further in the role he had last year on the DL

Wolfe is a good question, while he did good last year it would depend on the salary he ask,

Now, what we need is to look foward to our future not try and sign big names this year. We adeed a G and a CB. I would like to add a more capable T than Bolles and maybe an other DL also. I guess the draft will be that palce, hopefully.
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Reader’s season high for sacks is 2.5. I understand there’s more to it than just sacks but Harrison and Joseph offer that same pocket collapsing, occupying blockers complimentary pass rush style that Reader brought to the table.
    His pressures and hits were much higher though. On a team without much edge help last season. At 25 teams wanted to gamble on the potential. Not saying right or wrong, but those guys are pretty set at what they are.

Broncos acquiring five time Pro Bowler DL Jerrell Casey from Tennessee for Day 3 draft pick. #9sports

Wow Jerrell Casey for a day three pick!

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Wow Jerrell Casey for a day three pick!
    I can get behind this. lol.

Huh? Is this real?

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Huh? Is this real?
    From Klis so legit I think

There you go everyone who thought the world is over because we aren't signing it trading... Casey for a 7th rounder??? Can you say steal???