Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I heard Ben Albright report this on a pod cast earlier. Just thought it was worth mentioning.
    Yah buddy it was. I was making light of the "sniffing" part. Be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Ya wish we could bring him back, but he will likely follow the Shaq model, and get a way too low 1y deal somewhere.
    Probably, I donít blame him if heís looking for a team where he could most likely start. I mean he still got a significant amount of snaps even for being ďbehindĒ Simmons and KJaxó especially since he fared well in the nickel role. Parks could definitely be an every down-type of player, but I suppose that would be on another team unfortunately.

Ya wish we could sell him on being KJax eventual successor with Simmons being his running mate

The problem with Parks is that the majority of the NFL doesnít know how to utilize him and the few teams that would know how to use him already have those guys. He doesnít fit as a typical S because he isnít great in the box and not really great playing back in coverage although he isnít necessarily bad at it either. But he excels in the big nickel role where heís essentially a WLB that canít be run at directly. Heís a great pursuit player with plus man cover skills and good instincts in short/intermediate zones. I think the lack of size also hurts him because teams are probably wary of him manning up TEs even though heís shown to be very capable when given the opportunity. He locked up Darren Waller with a cast on his hand.

Wherever he goes that team is going to get a steal of a player. Since we play so much zone I donít think we need another FA CB if we bring him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    [Klis] Per source, Chris Harris Jr LAC deal is 2 yrs, $17 mil. 2020: $7.5M sign; $2M base. Total: $9.5M. 2021: $2M roster (3rd day league yr, no guar); $5.5M salary (no guar). Total: $7.5M Also up to $1.25M incentives each yr tied to play time/playoff/Pro Bowl so up to $19.5M.

Hmmm... CHJ took a worse deal with the LA than the deal Elway offered him last year.
    This is very disappointing.

Looking at our current cap situation I understand why we could not even give CHJr this kind of deal but him accepting this deal is pretty sad.

On the good side of things I think it works out for us. I would have liked to have Bouye+Callahan+Harris but in the real world I would rather have Bouye+Callahan+some cheaper guys than Harris+Callahan+some cheaper guys.

And Parks didnít commit a penalty either

Flacco has been waived with an failed physical designation

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Flacco has been waived with an failed physical designation
    Does that have any financial hits that wouldn't have been had he passed the physical?

Today I would like to see

Wolfe
    Pennell
    Remmers
    Kevin Smith/Amukamara
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Does that have any financial hits that wouldn't have been had he passed the physical?
    I believe he gets an injury settlement for about 1.5m, which to me signals we need cap space for something

Lots of speculation, and much more to come in terms of FA, but besides Arizona kicking butt for Hopkins, and The Raiders acquiring 3 LBs and a CB, Miami taking care of their many gaps, and Tampa finding a QB, Baltimore might be the story.....a strong team going in, already adding Campbell and Brockers, to an already solid D! On paper, they should be the team to beat this season, though KC did (obviously) earn their right to be up there too.

No post June 1st designation on Flacco which means we save 10 mil immediately

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    No post June 1st designation on Flacco which means we save 10 mil immediately
    I knew he'd help us sooner or later!

(hey, not his fault...we signed him, he did not sign us)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Lots of speculation, and much more to come in terms of FA, but besides Arizona kicking butt for Hopkins, and The Raiders acquiring 3 LBs and a CB, Miami taking care of their many gaps, and Tampa finding a QB, Baltimore might be the story.....a strong team going in, already adding Campbell and Brockers, to an already solid D! On paper, they should be the team to beat this season, though KC did (obviously) earn their right to be up there too.
    Who are the 3 LBs? I see the Kwaitkoski and Littleton but not sure who that 3rd is.
    Why is it that Campbell at 34 for the 2020 season isn't considered on the "wrong side of 30" while just about everyone else in that age range is? His performance has been headed downward the last 2 seasons, still not bad though. On paper, yes that usually means they will not be as good as this season. Probably will be but I can hope.
    KC has lost a ton (I haven't checked the weight but very likely literally a ton) of free agents on their defense and now have less than 500K of cap space... right now they have NO cap space for rookies. They haven't even signed any FAs, will probably have to cut Watkins.
    Miami has done well or a lot at least in FA ... who is their QB? I hope they smash NE! Buffalo also has done some good moves but did pay too much in the trade for that Minnesota WR, but they could be a good team in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Who are the 3 LBs? I see the Kwaitkoski and Littleton but not sure who that 3rd is.
    Why is it that Campbell at 34 for the 2020 season isn't considered on the "wrong side of 30" while just about everyone else in that age range is? His performance has been headed downward the last 2 seasons, still not bad though. On paper, yes that usually means they will not be as good as this season. Probably will be but I can hope.
    KC has lost a ton (I haven't checked the weight but very likely literally a ton) of free agents on their defense and now have less than 500K of cap space... right now they have NO cap space for rookies. They haven't even signed any FAs, will probably have to cut Watkins.
    Miami has done well or a lot at least in FA ... who is their QB? I hope they smash NE! Buffalo also has done some good moves but did pay too much in the trade for that Minnesota WR, but they could be a good team in 2020.
    Thx for the question....I had read LB for Carl Nassib, who is actually a DE. My mistake. But so far - Littleton, Kwiatkowski, Nassib and CB Apple. Plus they added Mariota, which could turn out to be a good move if they can get him back on track, and Witten, for leadership/reliability.

Good haul, given they needed D, including LBs...and WRs, who they can easily find in the draft.