Page 60 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
    If we don't get another Dlineman in Free Agency { man, why do they call it that, they sure aren't free } , I'm afraid Epenesa might be the pick @ 15. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I may not be a CAP GURU but... there is no numbers on the structure of Glasgow's contract; I imagine that it has a lower cap hit than the 11M average, probably ~7-8M cap hit the 1st year. That would leave ~26M in cap space. If you take 8M off for Gordon it would be ~18-19M left. In reality that is only ~10M because the rookies will be ~9M. Justin Simmons could still be signed to a long-er term contract that probably would have a cap hit of ~8M in the first year... that could give an extra 3.5M.
    So, yes there enough to still sign Wolfe and maybe Parks depending on how much and how they get structured.

Potentially, Gordon's contract could be structured to have a lower cap hit than 8M but its only a 2 year deal so not much to play with... maybe 2M?
    All that sounds about right. Bouye has a contract that could offer cap relief too, a 4 year deal converting 12M of salary to bonus would reduce this years cap number down to 6M or so, freeing up 7M more in cap space.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

We still need DL.
    Wolfe or Harris anyone ?

Pretty funny, Klis tries laying out some false info on Gordon and Schefter calls him out. Klis really isn't as in tune with all facts as some might think he is....

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...694060544?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    According to OTC
    The broncos have after paying Gordon 26.1 mill in cap

The raiders and chargers 27 mill

And the chiefs are 15 mill over the cap 😂
    Yes, I see that they still don't have Glasgow's contract details yet.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    According to OTC
    The broncos have after paying Gordon 26.1 mill in cap

The raiders and chargers 27 mill

And the chiefs are 15 mill over the cap 😂
    Looks like Frank Clark has converted some of his contract to a bonus and cleared 3.75M, they are still with ~500K of cap space although Sptrac has them at ~3.5M of cap space but they don't have Remmers added to their cap yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Pretty funny, Klis tries laying out some false info on Gordon and Schefter calls him out. Klis really isn't as in tune with all facts as some might think he is....

Rapport said something very similar to Klis.

Quote Originally Posted by wmp View Post
    We still need DL.
    Wolfe or Harris anyone ?
    Yes please.

Prefer Harris but Wolfe a close second.

Also would like to see a starting quality CB and an olineman .

Money getting tight for my wish list though.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind now that we are spending a lot of cap space. We currently have about 73 players signed. I donít know if the roster size increased with this new cba or if itís still 53. We are looking at 20 roster spots that need to be cut just to make it to 53. Take the bottom 20 players, just for this scenario, and cut them (avg $610k) You will have around $12-13m saved minimum. Plenty for rookie contracts, which if they make the team will be taking someone in the top 53 spot.

Melvin Gordon had a better offer from another team, but the lure of playing in the same division as the #Chargers, that appealed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Melvin Gordon had a better offer from another team, but the lure of playing in the same division as the #Chargers, that appealed to him.
    Yeah but that other team wasn't Buffalo, just pointing out Klis doesn't know much outside of Denver

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    If we don't get another Dlineman in Free Agency { man, why do they call it that, they sure aren't free } , I'm afraid Epenesa might be the pick @ 15. :-(
    I really like Epenesa, but 15 is bad value. Epenesa isn't super athletic, but watch his tape. Everytime I saw him play last year, he impressed me. I wouldn't say he took over games like Watt did at Wisconsin, but I'd take him in the back of the 1st. I think Kinlaw would be a good pick at 15.

Hopefully we can retain Wolfe or Harris. That would totally solidify the D-line. Wouldn't mind having either.... Wolfe might cost less, but is a bit more injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Hopefully we can retain Wolfe or Harris. That would totally solidify the D-line. Wouldn't mind having either.... Wolfe might cost less, but is a bit more injury prone.
    Agreed, one of the 2 would be great. We can almost guarantee that we'll find another undrafted guy too

Yeah but that other team wasn't Buffalo, just pointing out Klis doesn't know much outside of Denver
    Maybe or maybe not. Klis's source very well could have said Buffalo. Buffalo may not have made a formal offer, but could be have been negotiating numbers. Im not a huge fan of Klis, but things like this always depend on who you ask.