Page 61 of 81 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Source: The #Colts are releasing Pierre Desir.

Elway get on the phone with Desire. Won't effect the comp pick formula. Still a young talented cover guy, sign me up

I think we should sign;

Ty Sambrailo
    Ethan Westbrooks
    Pierre Dessir
    Jeremiah Attachou

Then focus on the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I think we should sign;

Ty Sambrailo
    Ethan Westbrooks
    Pierre Dessir
    Jeremiah Attachou

Then focus on the draft.
    This would leave us with 2 huge needs heading into the draft; WR and ILB.
    Since those 4 signings would put us at around 77 rostered players Elway can use all of his extra picks, and maybe players like Royce Freeman and Jeff Huerman to maneuver.

Imaging moving into the top 10 to get Simmons then keeping our 2nd rounder to draft Shenault. Man how amazing would this roster look with those guys added in.

We trade our 1st (#15) and all 3 of our 3rds to get into the top 10. Take Simmons, then watch Shenault fall into our laps at 46, then in rounds 4-7 add projects on the o-line, d-line, and maybe a punter.

We trade our 1st (#15) and all 3 of our 3rds to get into the top 10. Take Simmons, then watch Shenault fall into our laps at 46, then in rounds 4-7 add projects on the o-line, d-line, and maybe a punter.
    I feel that is very hopeful. Shenualt dropping to the second may happen I wouldn't count on it nor would I count on some one taking that trade

Normally I really love your draft strategies, but this would be a disaster imo.

Shenault would spend most of his time keeping Jake Butt company in physio. Simmons would be amazing, but giving up 3 thirds in such a deep draft would be brutal.

We have such an opportunity to layer in some quality depth and starters with those three 3rd rounders. I could see trading one to move up a bit. Or packaging two of them for a low second rounder.

But going all-in like this would be a poor move.

Quote Originally Posted by wmp View Post
    We still need DL.
    Wolfe or Harris anyone ?
    Jurrell Casey and Shelby Harris at the DE spots would be pretty disruptive. Would love to see that, but don't know if there is enough cap space.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

As much as I would love Simmons the cost of moving up to get him seems too excessive. If it takes all three 3rds that is not worth it..

IMO the top six picks this year have the potential to be the foundation for this team for yrs to come if Elway can choose wisely. We have been complaining for the past couple years about the lack of depth and overall roster quality.. The quality of this draft can fill a lot of holes and build that depth to overcome the injuries that happen every year.

I expect one of those six picks to be a LB. Sure a drop off from Simmons but combined with all the other players selected taken into consideration I can live with the drop off to Murray, Queen, Harrison, Dye, Wilson etc..

JMO but stay at #15 and let it happen. Even odds a WR or OT is there or a tough choice of Kinlaw, Murray or Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Jurrell Casey and Shelby Harris at the DE spots would be pretty disruptive. Would love to see that, but don't know if there is enough cap space.
    Hopefully we can still get Wolfe who should cost less.

I like your concept, but I think Simmons will cost us too much. Why not go for Murray, maybe even trading back slightly if it we can get him a few spots down, and then trade up if necessary or stay with our 2nd rounder to land the best WR on the board. We have plenty of picks, so I would suggest we could move up a number of spots with our 2nd pick, if we really want one of the 2nd tier WRs.

Question is....is ILB as important as Oline? Even Dline is a bit unclear. But I do not like going first round with DTs, so I say wait till round 3 for "trench people", both sides!!

Now lets see if Elway signs another FA or two, which could alter this mock attempt of mine. I might lean towards a WR at 1 if we do not acquire one in FA. Trouble is, that takes away from a higher quality ILB or Oliner.
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-21-2020 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I really like Epenesa, but 15 is bad value. Epenesa isn't super athletic, but watch his tape. Everytime I saw him play last year, he impressed me. I wouldn't say he took over games like Watt did at Wisconsin, but I'd take him in the back of the 1st. I think Kinlaw would be a good pick at 15.
    I feel these two are different positional players....Epenesa = DE Kinlaw = Penatrating interior DL. We have Walker and Jones for our penetrating interior DL's and Purcell as our interior run stuffer. I think Jurrell Casey is DE , we need to resign either Wolf or Harris. If we don't, that's why I think we draft a DE. My preference = Ruggs 111

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I feel these two are different positional players....Epenesa = DE Kinlaw = Penatrating interior DL. We have Walker and Jones for our penetrating interior DL's and Purcell as our interior run stuffer. I think Jurrell Casey is DE , we need to resign either Wolf or Harris. If we don't, that's why I think we draft a DE. My preference = Ruggs 111
    A lot of scouts like him as a 3-4 end.

browns will prolly sign him there signing everyone else lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    A lot of scouts like him as a 3-4 end.
    If that's the case, Elway might feel Kinlaw is the target. No Harris or Wolf, but Kinlaw.

The draft might present us either Ruggs or Kinlaw or both