Page 66 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Will Denver cut Butt?
    Could save on the toilet paper....

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I would like to see us sign WR Breshad Perriman, and, either bring back Derek Wolfe, or sign DE Markus Golden, who had a pretty good, 10 sack season for a bad Giants defense.
    I would be happy with Perriman and Wolfe. They should be cheap at this point. Although neither move would affect my draft strategy. In the first 5 picks I would still take at least 1 WR (maybe 2) and a DL.

So folks where does Winston end up???

He could be a starter for a number of teams. Well, at least compete.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    why pick up golden he doesn't fit our scheme. and he is an edge rusher which we have plenty of
    I would prefer Wolfe, but I think Golden is a decent fallback option if Wolfe wants too much and could make the transition to fit our defense. He did ok in the Giants 3-4 defensive system. Purely a depth signing, where as Wolfe would be a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

I could see Pittsburgh as a possible destination. Roethlisberger is at the end of his career and I don't think Rudolph or Hodges is their long term answer at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I would be happy with Perriman and Wolfe. They should be cheap at this point. Although neither move would affect my draft strategy. In the first 5 picks I would still take at least 1 WR (maybe 2) and a DL.
    Completely agree. I would just feel comfortable with another WR and DE on the roster before the draft. And I would prefer Wolfe over Golden too. Golden was just a possible plan b if Wolfe priced himself out of our range.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Only teams I can think of would be possibly be Chargers (not likely) Maybe Jags? (Makes most sense to me) and crazy idea... Backing up Brady??? I can't really think of a team that doesn't already have a QB entrenched as their starter or QB desperate teams outside of the mentioned

Will Denver cut Butt?
    Probably. They may be trying to trade Heuerman, and may cut him if they can't. Part of those decisions depends on Austin Fort's health.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Probably. They may be trying to trade Heuerman, and may cut him if they can't. Part of those decisions depends on Austin Fort's health.
    Considering his injury history it makes one wonder if at this point are any of the GM’s willing to TOUCH BUTT.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 03-22-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Trading for Quinton Dunbar, and adding Wolfe back would be a sweeeeet bow on the FA period.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Trading for Quinton Dunbar, and adding Wolfe back would be a sweeeeet bow on the FA period.
    How realistic is Dunbar?

Trade is doable considering it is speculated it would only take a 4th or so then make the trade.

The bigger issue will be the extension he wants. Can the Broncos add another $10m+ secondary piece? Seems unlikely IMO.

I’m expecting (hoping ) for another FA CB to be added soon but more of the cheaper “prove it” type deals. Also would like to see a quality draft pick in the early rds to develop long term.

Considering his injury history it makes one wonder if at this point are any of the GM’s willing to touch Butt?
    Doubt it. I'm inclined to think he'll be released.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I could see Pittsburgh as a possible destination. Roethlisberger is at the end of his career and I don't think Rudolph or Hodges is their long term answer at QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Only teams I can think of would be possibly be Chargers (not likely) Maybe Jags? (Makes most sense to me) and crazy idea... Backing up Brady??? I can't really think of a team that doesn't already have a QB entrenched as their starter or QB desperate teams outside of the mentioned
    Good thoughts. I think it will come down to which coach is the most confident that he can maximize Winston's game. He does seem like a fish out of water these days.

Considering his injury history it makes one wonder if at this point are any of the GM’s willing to touch Butt?
    Yeah no doubt, attempting to trade for him would make any GM the butt of a joke

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    How realistic is Dunbar?

Trade is doable considering it is speculated it would only take a 4th or so then make the trade.

The bigger issue will be the extension he wants. Can the Broncos add another $10m+ secondary piece? Seems unlikely IMO.

I’m expecting (hoping ) for another FA CB to be added soon but more of the cheaper “prove it” type deals. Also would like to see a quality draft pick in the early rds to develop long term.
    We can always structure cap hits in ways we need. I don't think adding a hit is the issue, I think it will be investing in a player who is still an unknown. He only has been the full time starter for 1 year, so there is a chance for fools gold. I'm willing to risk it though, especially in a division with Mahomes. It appears Elway and Co are playing the comp pick game. The only negative we have is Glasgow. Dunbar's potential plus the comp factor to me is more valuable than a 4th rounder.