Page 67 of 81 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1202
    We desperately need an OT and DE before this FA period is over.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Who do you propose we target not named Derek Wolfe or Shelby Harris?

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I think the OT spot is pretty much set in the teams eyes. Bolles, James, Wilkinson, and a draft pick.

Would Denzel Mims at #15 be a reach to y’all?

He has an elite RAS score (better than HoF WR Randy Moss) and has all the traits to be a better receiver in the NFL than he was at Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Would Denzel Mims at #15 be a reach to y’all?

He has an elite RAS score (better than HoF WR Randy Moss) and has all the traits to be a better receiver in the NFL than he was at Baylor.
    Based on what I read/hear, the top 3 are apparently in a slightly higher grouping. I would be shocked if we go anyone other than Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy at 15 (if we want WR), and if they were gone, I'd trade back. Trading back gets you a really good WR - like Mims, with some friendly benefits, I am convinced that this draft we can get quality players at various positions, and even gain excellent draft cap to increase the value for players....as in, more selections in rounds 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Based on what I read/hear, the top 3 are apparently in a slightly higher grouping. I would be shocked if we go anyone other than Lamb, Ruggs or Jeudy at 15 (if we want WR), and if they were gone, I'd trade back. Trading back gets you a really good WR - like Mims, with some friendly benefits, I am convinced that this draft we can get quality players at various positions, and even gain excellent draft cap to increase the value for players....as in, more selections in rounds 2 and 3.
    Every projection I've seen has him on the back end of the 2nd tier, which IMO, is 3rd round territory. I got him in the 4th round in one of my mocks, but the values were preposterous. I've never seen him go in the 1st regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Every projection I've seen has him on the back end of the 2nd tier, which IMO, is 3rd round territory. I got him in the 4th round in one of my mocks, but the values were preposterous. I've never seen him go in the 1st regardless.
    I think those projections need to be updated. Latest mock on NFL.com has him in the mid 20s and I have seen others that put him late first / early 2nd.

Personally I prefer Jefferson, but I like Mims and he has a great size/speed combo. He also has pretty good tape at Baylor.

I would prefer to trade back to the end of the first round and pick up another 2nd if we want Mims.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I think those projections need to be updated. Latest mock on NFL.com has him in the mid 20s and I have seen others that put him late first / early 2nd.

Personally I prefer Jefferson, but I like Mims and he has a great size/speed combo. He also has pretty good tape at Baylor.

I would prefer to trade back to the end of the first round and pick up another 2nd if we want Mims.
    I think Jefferson is a name that will keep coming up in this draft. I don't hear as much and yet I've seen some heavy duty optimism about him. That he's played big in big games. Not sure, given I don't watch a load of college ball.

But I agree with your comment about maybe trading back. And it's not because I don't want one of the top 3 WRs, but because I want some extra value if we go to the next tier of receivers, who are pretty darn good! It's a bit of a sacrifice in order to gain some real value. I see that next tier of receivers being perfect for our situation, and the fact we could end up moving back up with other picks to acquire high level talent is exciting!

My goal is for us to draft a minimum 3 instant starters, possibly even 4. That's a good haul. Plus you can add some depth pieces. One of the starters will be a WR. I would have hoped for an Oliner to start as well, but I would not be upset if we end up with 2 defensive starters.

If we execute a solid draft, taking advantage of trading back and forth with some reasonable precision, we can get lots of talent, especially in the first 3 rounds.

Highest I'm seeing him ranked is 6th. Usually 8th. I don't know where the ESPN guys have him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Really hope this is where we go.

So much depth in rounds 2-3

his tape at baylor shows him running like 4 routes. it is not good tape. his senior bowl was good which should raise his value. but his tape is lack luster mainly due to the offense he is in

also i am not sold on him just cause he has size and speed. many players have had and failed in the nfl. Stephen Hill was 6'4 and ran a 4.3 and lasted in the nfl 3 years. you need much more then just that and his route running si behind alot of the other top prospects. i think he may be the worst route runner in his range of late first to early second. i feel he will have the most growing pains out of any WR cause the offense he played in and his routes are kinda meh. at least we know he can run like 4 in a game maybe. Mims to me feels like the biggest risk of an WR that will be taken high. i think his tape is a 3rd or 4th rounder but his traits will let him go higher.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I think the OT spot is pretty much set in the teams eyes. Bolles, James, Wilkinson, and a draft pick.
    I would like to get a OT on the cheap close to the vet min...maybe 1 mil 1 year contract. James has serious question marks and while Wilkinson did show some signs of being a solid backup he showed more signs that we should keep looking.

We definitely need to spend some draft resources as well. OL is not a spot we want to keep digging into the free agent pool year in and year out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    his tape at baylor shows him running like 4 routes. it is not good tape. his senior bowl was good which should raise his value. but his tape is lack luster mainly due to the offense he is in

also i am not sold on him just cause he has size and speed. many players have had and failed in the nfl. Stephen Hill was 6'4 and ran a 4.3 and lasted in the nfl 3 years. you need much more then just that and his route running si behind alot of the other top prospects. i think he may be the worst route runner in his range of late first to early second. i feel he will have the most growing pains out of any WR cause the offense he played in and his routes are kinda meh. at least we know he can run like 4 in a game maybe. Mims to me feels like the biggest risk of an WR that will be taken high. i think his tape is a 3rd or 4th rounder but his traits will let him go higher.
    So I was trying to be careful to not call it great tape like Jefferson. I agree with you that his route running is not showing in his tape. But his explosiveness does. He pops on screen in multiple cases. I also think the offense he was in should be a factor, considering the 4 routes he ran were all he was asked to run. By all accounts he showed better speed and route running at the combine / senior bowl than anyone expected.

Regardless my main point was that I don't want him at 15. That would be a reach. If we want Mims (which I still prefer Jefferson and others) then I hope we trade back to the end of the first or into the second and pick up another second round pick.

My secondary point, is that I don't think Mims is a 3rd or 4th rounder at this point. I think he is going in the top 10 WRs and will not get past the second round... The earliest I could see him go is late first. Of course I have been wrong many times before so maybe this will add yet another case.

15 is too rich for my blood, although I think the kid has real potential (understanding you and I probably disagree on that part of the discussion). I also see great potential in many of the WRs in this draft. I have no special affinity for Mims but I do like his potential.

So I was trying to be careful to not call it great tape like Jefferson. I agree with you that his route running is not showing in his tape. But his explosiveness does. He pops on screen in multiple cases. I also think the offense he was in should be a factor, considering the 4 routes he ran were all he was asked to run. By all accounts he showed better speed and route running at the combine / senior bowl than anyone expected.

Regardless my main point was that I don't want him at 15. That would be a reach. If we want Mims (which I still prefer Jefferson and others) then I hope we trade back to the end of the first or into the second and pick up another second round pick.

My secondary point, is that I don't think Mims is a 3rd or 4th rounder at this point. I think he is going in the top 10 WRs and will not get past the second round... The earliest I could see him go is late first. Of course I have been wrong many times before so maybe this will add yet another case.

15 is too rich for my blood, although I think the kid has real potential (understanding you and I probably disagree on that part of the discussion). I also see great potential in many of the WRs in this draft. I have no special affinity for Mims but I do like his potential.
    you can see the potential in his physical traits, but i am still worried about his technique. With Mims it is all about how he develops as a route runner. but you don't need the elite Physical traits to be good. you can also bust with elite physical traits. with him for me it will be his work eithic and prefecting his route running(which most need to do)

if i am going WR from this Draft i am looking either at Jefferson or Ruggs. if we could grab one of those guys and then move so we for sure get Erza Cleveland i think we may end up with a starting WR and a STarting OT in our first 2 picks which would be ideal for us. taking i view those as our 2 weakest spots.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you can see the potential in his physical traits, but i am still worried about his technique. With Mims it is all about how he develops as a route runner. but you don't need the elite Physical traits to be good. you can also bust with elite physical traits. with him for me it will be his work eithic and prefecting his route running(which most need to do)

if i am going WR from this Draft i am looking either at Jefferson or Ruggs. if we could grab one of those guys and then move so we for sure get Erza Cleveland i think we may end up with a starting WR and a STarting OT in our first 2 picks which would be ideal for us. taking i view those as our 2 weakest spots.
    I love this strategy although I would say Jeudy or Jefferson. I am not the biggest Ruggs fan. He just disappeared in too many games for my liking. I will not be disappointed if we grab him but I would rather trade back 5 slots or so, pick up another third, and take Jefferson before I took Ruggs. If Jeudy is not on the board at 15 I would try to trade back a bit.

I understand the concerns about Mims, but I am not as down on him as you are. By all accounts he actually ran those routes at the combine and Senior Bowl week. I don't see him NOT being able to do it on tape. I see him running the routes that limited offense asked him to run. I do see some pop is his game, which I like. Nothing like Hamler or Ruggs though, in terms of pop.

that being said I understand the concern.

I also really like Cleveland. Love him in the second or would not be disappointed to move up a bit to get him. I am also a huge fan of Lucas Niang. Some are calling him lethargic (reminds me of the Orlando Brown situation a couple of years ago) but he doesn't give up penalties or sacks. If Cleveland is not there I would rather take Niang a little later than take someone like Austin Jackson.