Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Don't know much about him, but I like to see that he doesn't miss many snaps.

Building (hopefully) that O-line to protect Drew. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Maybe he can teach Bolles a thing or two.
    Just because he knows how to avoid penalties in the game of football doesn't mean he can perform miracles.

The OL is shaping up nicely. I think they surprise some people this year.

I really like this acquisition. His pass protection ability is a huge bonus. When pass protection breaks down right up the middle it is almost always game over for the QB.

I like the acquisition. Still we have question marks at both T positions, no C and thin depth. Itís a good start, but Iím interested to see more with the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    The OL is shaping up nicely. I think they surprise some people this year.
    A similar sentiment fans expressed after similar signings in recent off-seasons. I hope you are right though, but we still need to spend high draft capital on the group, and I hope this was a move that Munchak was behind, not Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A similar sentiment fans expressed after similar signings in recent off-seasons. I hope you are right though, but we still need to spend high draft capital on the group, and I hope this was a move that Munchak was behind, not Elway.
    One of the differences with this move is the durability of Glasgow compared with the profile of previous signings. JaíWuan James had an injury history not unlike Menelik Watson. Ron Leary had an injury history in Dallas. Jared Veldheer was coming off an injury late in his career. Donald Stephenson lacked talent. Thereís no guarantee any player wonít go down, but at least Glasgow has a better profile for durability and few penalties to speak of. At least on paper he appears to be an upgrade - something the previous free agents lacked. Leary had talent at one time but deteriorated after the injuries.

Even with Leary you could argue it was a matter of time before injuries set in. Meniscus surgery on his left knee in college, degenerative condition in that same knee led to him not being drafted. Arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in his second season. Plus he didnít carry his weight well which didnít help him. Quite frankly he was on borrowed time when he got here

He has a very interesting bio both his parents are doctors whilst he has one soon to be two brothers playing in the NFL.

This is a great signing imo

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    One of the differences with this move is the durability of Glasgow compared with the profile of previous signings. Ja’Wuan James had an injury history not unlike Menelik Watson. Ron Leary had an injury history in Dallas. Jared Veldheer was coming off an injury late in his career. Donald Stephenson lacked talent. There’s no guarantee any player won’t go down, but at least Glasgow has a better profile for durability and few penalties to speak of. At least on paper he appears to be an upgrade - something the previous free agents lacked. Leary had talent at one time but deteriorated after the injuries.
    Fair point, yes. But I have also seen you argue with Bolles apologists who argue that he is durable and available as a positive for him, no ? I also don't think you pay 11 million per year for "available", but that is just me. I am also making these comments without watching any of Glasgows tape, like you I am also assuming based on the only positive point listed being availability and lack of penalties ? I really don't know anything about him honestly.

Fair point, yes. But I have also seen you argue with Bolles apologists who argue that he is durable and available as a positive for him, no ? I also don't think you pay 11 million per year for "available", but that is just me. I am also making these comments without watching any of Glasgows tape, like you I am also assuming based on the only positive point listed being availability and lack of penalties ? I really don't know anything about him honestly.
    Point about Bolles is spot on and I almost added a comment about him from that standpoint. As a player heís been a available but a liability at the same time. When I get some time Iíll check out film on Glasgow. For $44 million playing on the inside he better be good.

Strawman. There are no Bolles apologists and he is very likely the most disliked Bronco. However, some of us like myself who were against drafting Bolles at the time and haven't liked him during that time also recognize that highly qualified people like Stink and Big Al have said Bolles greatly improved the last part of the season. It's important to note that both of these guys were very hard of Bolles before then and changed their opinions and neither would ever be considered "Bolles apologists".

And people like myself aren't thrilled with Bolles, but see reason to hope in COMBINATION WITH OTHER NEEDS where we think it's best to take a chance that the improvement is permanent for this season.

So stop with your labels. There are NO Bolles "apologists" in Bronco Country.

I'm more concerned with the injury apologists that claim durability isn't an asset and in the next breath claim Elway is bad because he signs OL with a history of injuries.

There was some marginal improvement from Bolles but nothing substantial at least not enough to be a quality LT. The lack of calls came from the refs reversing course league wide as well as Lock scrambling and making quick decisions. Make no mistake about it Bolles was still hugging people which is due to his poor technique. There were flashes where if the defender didnít fire off the ball he would get his hands inside and win the rep easily. But any type of speed rush or hesitation at the point of attack and his hands always end up on the outside of the shoulder pads. He panics against speed and immediately wants to turn and run or grab on instead of trusting his slide and technique which quite frankly is good enough to not ever be concerned with a speed rusher. And against hesitation moves he seems scared that heís going to miss and widens his arms to make sure heís making contact despite losing all power in the process.

I guess his feet/hips did improve a lot but he was starting from where his first step would always leave him squared up with the sideline so it isnít saying much. I would love to sit in on an oline meeting and be in the oline practice drills to hear the things that are said to him. He basically started out about as refined as a freshman OT in high school and heís finally starting to look like a 3 or 4 year college starter. Itís improvement I guess but it still isnít what you want. Maybe he finally puts it all together this year, all the tools are there and he puts them all together every now and then in a game so itís possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    There was some marginal improvement from Bolles but nothing substantial at least not enough to be a quality LT. The lack of calls came from the refs reversing course league wide as well as Lock scrambling and making quick decisions. Make no mistake about it Bolles was still hugging people which is due to his poor technique. There were flashes where if the defender didnít fire off the ball he would get his hands inside and win the rep easily. But any type of speed rush or hesitation at the point of attack and his hands always end up on the outside of the shoulder pads. He panics against speed and immediately wants to turn and run or grab on instead of trusting his slide and technique which quite frankly is good enough to not ever be concerned with a speed rusher. And against hesitation moves he seems scared that heís going to miss and widens his arms to make sure heís making contact despite losing all power in the process.

I guess his feet/hips did improve a lot but he was starting from where his first step would always leave him squared up with the sideline so it isnít saying much. I would love to sit in on an oline meeting and be in the oline practice drills to hear the things that are said to him. He basically started out about as refined as a freshman OT in high school and heís finally starting to look like a 3 or 4 year college starter. Itís improvement I guess but it still isnít what you want. Maybe he finally puts it all together this year, all the tools are there and he puts them all together every now and then in a game so itís possible.
    Right. All O-Linemen hold more or less. The hands should be right on the upper part of the numbers over the sternum where the old-style pads had their laces. That way one can grab and lock up briefly, and let go before the defender tries to pull away. When locked up, must run with the defender until attempted separation is inevirable. Studying video of Conrad Dobler would be instructive. Also, what the officials tolerate O-Linemen doing to Von Miller might indicate parameters of what might be considered allowable.
    Hands anywhere near the shoulders is an invitation for a flag. A great O-Line coach with whom I used to work said, "If you're not holding, you're not trying."