Philip Rivers signs with the Indianapolis Colts

With Houston's dumb move, the Colts could make some noise in that division.

Colts are giving Rivers 25 mil for 1 year and Rivers is giving the AFCS a dozen redzone INTs this upcoming season.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Games benched for cheating.... Tom Brady = 4 Peyton Manning = 0
    Accept it or seek therapy !

So who is going to challenge the Chiefs in the AFC? I guess it will be the Ravens. Don't see much else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    So who is going to challenge the Chiefs in the AFC? I guess it will be the Ravens. Don't see much else right now.
    There will likely be another team that steps up; almost always is. I see the Chiefs have less than 500,000 in cap space after tagging Chris Jones. Are they gonna cut Watkins? They seem to be losing a lot of defensive players; will they be able to have a decent D in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    There will likely be another team that steps up; almost always is. I see the Chiefs have less than 500,000 in cap space after tagging Chris Jones. Are they gonna cut Watkins? They seem to be losing a lot of defensive players; will they be able to have a decent D in 2020?
    I think Watkins and Jones both are going to leave. They already have a replacement for Watkins and the draft is heavy on good wide receivers if they think they need one. If (when) Jones leaves they will have to find his replacement but they will have resources to use toward that. They will put something together. I'm not too worried about it....yet.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    I think Watkins and Jones both are going to leave. They already have a replacement for Watkins and the draft is heavy on good wide receivers if they think they need one. If (when) Jones leaves they will have to find his replacement but they will have resources to use toward that. They will put something together. I'm not too worried about it....yet.
    They are currently between 3 million and 6 million (depending on which cap page you look at) in the hole even with the new cap. They are going to have to be very creative in what they do moving forward for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Colts are giving Rivers 25 mil for 1 year and Rivers is giving the AFCS a dozen redzone INTs this upcoming season.
    Maybe "more" redzone INTs.

I'm happy he didn't end up with another team that I like.
    Utah Bronco Freak