Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Good luck to Jano. He was a very gritty player. Meat and potatoes - whatever you needed. Hope he does well in Cleveland.

He was the 2nd ranked run blocking FB in the league last season. The run game is obviously going to be an afterthought in Shurmer's offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    He was the 2nd ranked run blocking FB in the league last season. The run game is obviously going to be an afterthought in Shurmer's offense.
    For all that, we only averaged 0.2 less yards per carry without Jano. With him, we averaged 4.2 ypc and 109 yards per game, compare to 4.0 ypc and 99 yards per game without. We ran it 26 times per game with him and 25 times per game when he was out. So, yes, the team was marginally worse without him in the run game. That being said, it was not really as glaring as your post would suggest. Shurmur's offense in NY last year ran the ball 23 times a game.

I really liked Jano, sorry to see him leave... and to the Browns, with Keenum.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Luckily there's still 21 Janos left
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    For all that, we only averaged 0.2 less yards per carry without Jano. With him, we averaged 4.2 ypc and 109 yards per game, compare to 4.0 ypc and 99 yards per game without. We ran it 26 times per game with him and 25 times per game when he was out. So, yes, the team was marginally worse without him in the run game. That being said, it was not really as glaring as your post would suggest. Shurmur's offense in NY last year ran the ball 23 times a game.
    Cool story, but you thought Knoshow Moreno was an upgrade over Hillis, so your credibility is a little suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Likely Shurmur's call. He doesn't really use a FB.

Still sucks. We just extended him too.
    I am hopeful that this means we will look seriously at Najee Harris. I also think we could use a TE to pair with Fant who can pass catch, block and run it from time to time.

Jano was a great player but at the end of the day IMO he was not versatile enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    I am hopeful that this means we will look seriously at Najee Harris. I also think we could use a TE to pair with Fant who can pass catch, block and run it from time to time.

Jano was a great player but at the end of the day IMO he was not versatile enough.
    It will be interesting to see what Austin Fort can do this year in TC/preseason (if there is one)

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Likely Shurmur's call. He doesn't really use a FB.

Still sucks. We just extended him too.
    herd multiple reports Shurmur's offense will not make use of the FB.

Sucks I really like Jano and think he was a big reason our run game had some eye opening moments that last couple years. Someone else pointed out and I agree it is probably a good thing for Jano to go some where he will be used.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Austin Fort can do this year in TC/preseason (if there is one)
    Austin Fort is a weapon the league doesn't know about. Could be a real sleeper.