Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jeff Driskel signs with Denver

Guess that answers who our #2 QB will be. Mike Klis also tweeted that we will look to get rid of Flacco after making this signing.

Can't say I'll miss Joe. Easily one of the worst QBs we've had recently. Poor play. Poor attitude. Better his time as a Bronco be forgotten about completely.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 03-17-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Not Hall of Fame worthy obviously but not knowing much about the kid I thought Iíd find some tape. Pretty impressive against decent defenses. https://youtu.be/XSAYXK-B-c0

A definite upgrade to our backup QB

Jeff Driskel - IN, Flacco - OUT. I can live with this.

The best news about this is that Flacco is GONE. And just like that, $10 million more in the bank account.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by sgriffeth78 View Post
    Not Hall of Fame worthy obviously but not knowing much about the kid I thought Iíd find some tape. Pretty impressive against decent defenses. https://youtu.be/XSAYXK-B-c0
    He showed some mobility, ability to improvise and a couple of accurate throws on the move.

On a side note, Glasgow was solid blocking in most of those plays.

A slower. Much slower version of Lamar Jackson. But compared to Flacco, this kid is lightning fast.

I like the signing, I donít think heís a particularly good QB or even a decent backup but it tells me that the offense is going to get Lock moving around. I expected it somewhat but I think itíll feature his mobility a bit more prominently than I expected.

Quote Originally Posted by chugachuga View Post
    A slower. Much slower version of Lamar Jackson. But compared to Flacco, this kid is lightning fast.
    I agree he isn't Lamar, but his 40 time was 4.56 which is pretty fast for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree he isn't Lamar, but his 40 time was 4.56 which is pretty fast for a QB.
    Especially for a 6'4" 234lb QB. Interesting that Lamar didn't run the 40 at the combine or pro day; I wonder what his 40 time is?

The DenverBroncos.com guys say Driskel's skill sets line up good with Lock so that if he needs to play we will not need to change much.

I assume Driskel's arm strength may cause a small amount of adjustment but besides that they said his mobility is similar to Lock's

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    No, he's not. I watched him a ton in college, and I've seen him play in the pros. He has always sucked and will always suck
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    Definite maybe on that. Looks like he may have interception issues.

Career (2 yrs in NFL)

Comp % 59.4
    Total yds 1,688
    TD's 10
    INT 6
    QB rating 79.6
    Utah Bronco Freak

Back in March I was intrigued by the signing. Driskel is a really athletic QB and can move the chains with his legs. That is a nice bonus to have in a backup QB who may struggle to run the same passing offense. He's young and competitive and he seemed like a good option.
    Post draft, I'm not so sure anymore. We are going to need someone who can come in and throw the ball. After the addition of the WRs and TE in the draft, our personnel dictates that we pass.

In a perfect world Driskel never sees the field, but the NFL is rough and Lock is still untested. I want to believe that Lock will continue to improve, but the reality is we have no idea. Another reality is our OTs- though serviceable- are no sure thing.

I have faith in Shurmurs input into the Driskel signing, he would have to run the offense after all- but I have to believe they never expected the WR draft to pan out as it did. More versatile/bigger WRs might be a different story, but post draft we are smaller and faster. I'm not sure what Driskel does with that if he is called upon.