Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Chris Harris, on NFL Network today, said the door has "pretty much" closed.

CHJ:

"Nah, I think it's pretty much that door has been closed, so it's just trying to move on to the next situation that's best for me and trying to figure out who's excited to have me in the building and have me a part of the team."

Link from Nicki Jhabvala

Yup my guess is we sign Amukamara, and draft a rookie on day 2.

I agree that it is and its probably for the best!!

Thanks CHJ and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Yup my guess is we sign Amukamara, and draft a rookie on day 2.
    Idk, now that Xavier Rhodes is a free agent I think he would be a better target

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Idk, now that Xavier Rhodes is a free agent I think he would be a better target
    His ceiling is higher, but I don't know if he can ever reach that again. Amukamara has the higher floor IMO. I think with the system fit and familiarity we go with Prince. I actually wouldn't mind both of them though. Rhodes has #1 CB potential, while Amukamara has good #2.

I was hoping that Harris Jr would be re-signed on maybe a 3 year deal but I figure that is not very likely. It may be best for the Broncos?
    Rhodes did not have a very good 2019 season, I think he would have to be cheap.

Amakamura is probably the best fit considering he has played for Fangio but he is getting on the old side.

A CB that I don't think is getting mentioned is Ronald Darby; he has had some injury issues but that would make him cheap - maybe 2-4M per year on a 2-3 year deal with little guaranteed - but is young and a good CB when healthy... not interested unless he comes cheap though.

Need to address the position in the Draft too, probably not in the 1st though.

At this point I think Harris would need to sign another hometown discount to stay here.

If I were him I would realize this is probably the last time I could command a big contract and I would go get it.

I thank CHJr for his time as a Bronco and wish him to best as long as his success does not hurt the Broncos chances of winning a Super Bowl.

Thanks for everything CHJ, but it's probably for the best.

Wasn't a huge fan on how he has acted since the Super Bowl runs. He's had more than a few episodes of blaming others for his man beating him. Yelling at safety's, looking around at other corners after play with his arms up in the air in disbelief....

It's time.

This makes me sad. All these other guys are decent, but CHJ has been one of the best DB's and Broncos of the past decade. I'll never get used to this wash-rinse NFL. I hate seeing our star guys just shown the door in such a manner. It's not like he was some hired gun. He grew to what he is now with us.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

Wasn't a huge fan on how he has acted since the Super Bowl runs. He's had more than a few episodes of blaming others for his man beating him. Yelling at safety's, looking around at other corners after play with his arms up in the air in disbelief....

It's time.
    He did have some diva-ish tendencies after the Super Bowl, but he earned the right. There really was a lot of miscommunication the last couple of years, and a lot of the time he was right it was someone not being where they should have resulting in a bad play. These guys know they are gonna see it everywhere that they got burnt even when it's not their fault, that coupled with losing and well you see these things. We were spoiled with Champ he was a rare breed who never showed what he was thinking in public. Every DB in Denver will have to measure up to the GOAT, and CHJ at his top form was up there.

He did have some diva-ish tendencies after the Super Bowl, but he earned the right. There really was a lot of miscommunication the last couple of years, and a lot of the time he was right it was someone not being where they should have resulting in a bad play. These guys know they are gonna see it everywhere that they got burnt even when it's not their fault, that coupled with losing and well you see these things. We were spoiled with Champ he was a rare breed who never showed what he was thinking in public. Every DB in Denver will have to measure up to the GOAT, and CHJ at his top form was up there.
    Harris learned from Champ. Literally, Champ was the one who told staff to give CHJ a look as an undrafted rookie free agent. CHJ was the Anakin to Champ as Obi-wan. CHJ credited Bailey for showing him the way - the way to study, evaluate, and perform.

CHJ should have known better, especially this late in his career and AFTER becoming a Super Bowl champion (something unfortunately Bailey never got to achieve) to act like a complete moron with the whole throwing teammates under the bus / blaming others.

It's quite pathetic....

The old saying of "Never forget where you came from" couldn't be more true in CHJ's case....

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    This makes me sad. All these other guys are decent, but CHJ has been one of the best DB's and Broncos of the past decade. I'll never get used to this wash-rinse NFL. I hate seeing our star guys just shown the door in such a manner. It's not like he was some hired gun. He grew to what he is now with us.
    CHJ was with the Broncos for nearly a decade, hardly wash rinse IMO. The Broncos opened the door to his career by signing him as an UDFA. Hes not being shown the door as that would imply hes being cut. He played out his contract and hes a free agent. Free agency is part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post

It's time.
    On the filled he was upset guys missed their assignments, but he never threw guys under the bus to the media or on social media. He was hardly "pathetic", please let's not do the thing where when a player leaves we vilify then, and diminish their achievements.

Been one of my favs. I cant believe Elway is letting him walk

On the filled he was upset guys missed their assignments, but he never threw guys under the bus to the media or on social media. He was hardly "pathetic", please let's not do the thing where when a player leaves we vilify then, and diminish their achievements.
    On the field you think he was upset... sure. Well I see it as a lack of character and discipline from a veteran to flail his arms frequently when a reception happens on him or in his area. It is a pathetic site to see over and over again.

And if I remember correctly, CHJ was quite critical early on in the year with the offense about how boring and not entertaining they were (pretty much that the offense was full of suck). But I also didn't hear anything from his mouth about the lack of sacks, turnovers, and horrible penalties we all saw our defense portray early on in that same early season stretch.

He was also quoted with saying about how at the time he "wasn't saying anything anymore" and that he had "thirteen weeks left for me" which - we ALL knew the meaning behind that. And this was not even halfway through a season.

Remember - Denver OFFERED a 3 Year, $36M contract that he declined. He think's it was a disrespectful offer. Well sorry. You signed your first contract with us - maybe at a discounted rate, but you AGREED to it. Loyalty contracts are not giving out in a WIN NOW league especially to 30 year old corner backs who have clearly lost a step.

This is the Denver Broncos. We have survived (and won) without CHJ in the past, and we will survive with or without him in the future.

Like c'mon dude. This isn't a vilify "thing" we are doing here. This is just CHJ hurting his rep.