Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Broncos sign Glasgow

Broncos sign Graham Glasgow to a 4 year 44 mil contract. Plays both RG and C

I think he’ll end up starting at C with Wilkinson sliding down to RG which would make for a solid interior IMO. Hopefully James can stay healthy and we get an OT in the draft to develop.

I don't think Glasgow is all world talent type guy but extremely durable and dependable. Adding his flexibility to play both positions makes this a very solid signing. I actually wouldn't mind it if McGovern was brought back too. Our interior would be solid with that much flexibility

Glasgow is a good signing IMO. Since the Broncos tendered Wilkinson it seems less likely they’ll make a move to keep McGovern. Orlando Franklin doesn’t think the Broncos are done with the line in FA. Seems like a tackle high in the draft is a good possibility. We’ll see.

Good move imo

Solid starter. Ranked 30th in NFL free agents list above Whitworth and below Bulaga to give an idea of where he is talent wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't think Glasgow is all world talent type guy but extremely durable and dependable. Adding his flexibility to play both positions makes this a very solid signing. I actually wouldn't mind it if McGovern was brought back too. Our interior would be solid with that much flexibility
    he has allowed like 2 sacks in 2018 and 0 in 2019 if he provides lock a good center for years and lets us have an elite C this will be one of elways better moves but his sacks allowed and how durable he has been looks like a great moves.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Klis reported Broncos made an offer to McGovern but pulled it after signing Glasgow. Looks like McGovern is moving on.

Seeing a tweet from Andrew Mason that he was only penalized 3 times last year. Maybe he can teach Bolles a thing or two.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 03-16-2020 at 05:47 PM.

The fact that he played around 900 snaps with only 3 penalties and allowing no sacks tells me he is worth every penny. At the end of the day we were going to have to pay someone. Between Leary, McGovern or Glasgow I'd rather it be Glasgow and a draft pick or keeping Wilkinson at G or Morris at C.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The fact that he played around 900 snaps with only 3 penalties and allowing no sacks tells me he is worth every penny. At the end of the day we were going to have to pay someone. Between Leary, McGovern or Glasgow I'd rather it be Glasgow and a draft pick or keeping Wilkinson at G or Morris at C.
    IfJames stays healthy and Bolles either improves or he’s replaced, we might see the offense turn the page. I’m skeptical of Bolles improving consistently but whatever, Glasgow looks like another step in the right direction.

I don't like the price for Glasgow. I think they should use the draft for OL. Glasgow is an example of why I think they should use the draft ... he is a decent, reliable player, likely an upgrade at C in pass pro but not much else; too expensive for an above average player. McGovern anywhere near that price would be too much too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    IfJames stays healthy and Bolles either improves or he’s replaced, we might see the offense turn the page. I’m skeptical of Bolles improving consistently but whatever, Glasgow looks like another step in the right direction.
    If were being honest I expect in 2021 our number one priority is finding two OT's on both sides. We will need to draft an OT to develop their eventual departure.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Yeah as really 2021 needs to be beefing up the OT or better yet, do it now for the long term.
    Ready for July 4th!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    If were being honest I expect in 2021 our number one priority is finding two OT's on both sides. We will need to draft an OT to develop their eventual departure.
    Have to have at least one this year. While we hope James will be healthy odds are he won’t.

Ahhh, the annual Elway overpriced offensive lineman free agency band-aid slapathon, what's that saying about insanity ? Hmmm. I'll hold out on commenting either way about this move until I actually watch some of his tape, but my initial inclination is to feel the same way I did about all the other free agency signings Elway has made over recent times, all of which I have been right about. We will see I guess.