This is elways best offseason to this point so far

He has been playing this offseason perfectly. First we get bouye who is a at least a mid end number 1 cb and top end number 2. On a good contract for a corner. Then he goes and signs an interior linemen and one of the better ones on the market. I could argue his production and versatility make him the top interior linemen on the market. Then he goes and swings a trade for a top 5 dt in Casey. Casey does everything well. He is a better pass rusher then any thing we have at on the dline before sense about Trevor Pryce. He is elite and this defense that fangio runs will fit him amazingly don't be surprised to see him hit double digit sacks the second time in his career. He may be 30 but he is still a baller

We got 2 key starters on good contracts for a 4th and 7th. Then added a og or oc to help the line. I think if Elway nails this draft this could end up being his best off season ever.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I mean, he had a pretty good offseason when Manning came here, and that one is proven. This one is on paper.

That said, I'm pleased with the way its gone so far!

Yeah that offseason when Ward and Talib and Ware came in (was that the same year?) was up there ........but so far I love what I'm seeing.

So often teams in general make moves that make you just scratch your head .....you're like what is going on here .......WHY THAT

But this year it's all making sense to me

And these great additions should free up our drafting strategy to just take the best player available rather than be desperate to fill a position
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Yeah that offseason when Ward and Talib and Ware came in (was that the same year?) was up there ........but so far I love what I'm seeing.

So often teams in general make moves that make you just scratch your head .....you're like what is going on here .......WHY THAT

And these great additions should free up our drafting strategy to just take the best player available rather than be desperate to fill a position
    Ward, Talib, Ware & ES. What a year.

I like it so far, but 2014's heist of Ware, Talib, Ward and Sanders was the best, at this point of the offseason (IMO) and the previous year also notable, with Welker, Knighton, Vasquez, Vickerson, Bradley and DR Cromartie.

Both years were Manning influenced. That's the power of the stars!

But if we have a good draft, I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post

I think at this point in the offseason we are doing better manning signed late. If I remember ward and es was later week. But this is at least comparable and with where we are talib for bouye is around the same. And I would take casey over ward currently

In Elway's first year when Tebow took over only Carolina matched our Broncos horrible number of losses the previous two years.

People only remember getting future Super Bowl MVP Von Miller that first year but Elway took over a franchise that may have been the lowest it has been since the 70s and that year won the Division and won a playoff game.

IMO taking an NFL franchise with the worst losing 2 year stretch in football that had not made the playoffs in half a decade and building the foundation to win 5 division titles....that is very hard to do.

I think it looks good.

Now just got to lock down Gurley

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    I think it looks good.

I don't think the Gurley of today is the Gurley of yesterday. From what I understand his knees are shot and that's why he hasn't been seeing snaps despite the 'healthy' designation
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    I think it looks good.

That's like signing the 2001 version of Terrell Davis. He still had the name and the pedigree, but his body was shot.