Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You were just thinking Melvin and winning at the same time.

Yeah, let's go with that!
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

A big roster waste, and a HUGE waste of $! He has an attitude problem, and he never plays a full season. This money should have gone to the OL or Secondary
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Gordon offers the offense a lot of versatility that can really shorten the learning curve of a young QB. In my head thereís a package of Fant, Vannett, Sutton, Gordon, and Lindsay where the offense comes out in a 5 wide look, if Lindsay, Gordon, or Fant draw a LB you have a huge mismatch. If they come out in a nickel or dime defense you audible to a more typical run formation and let the TEs clear lanes for Gordon or Lindsay or you can get Fant/Vannett on the same side of the field and run a screen. Itís the old Gronkowski/Hernandez package in New England that gave the NFL nightmares except with 2 great receiving TEs itís with 2 RBs. Lindsay may not be a great receiver yet but he can outrun LBs.

The Gordon signing creates a lot of ways for our offense to dictate what the defense does. Teams canít play man coverage against the package I described unless they want to go cover 0 and let the blitz ďcoverĒ the mismatches but that creates scramble opportunities for Lock. They have to play zone and they have to pick their poison of doing it with LBs or DBs. And whatever WR we add in the draft will just create more mismatches whether itís Lamb, Ruggs, Pittman, Mims, or even Higgins, all those guys can be physical punishing blockers on the edge. Hell we might even get a package where we see Driskel out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    A big roster waste, and a HUGE waste of $! He has an attitude problem, and he never plays a full season. This money should have gone to the OL or Secondary
    Attitude problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Attitude problem?
    Who?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Attitude problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Who?
    Maybe an ďaltitudeĒ problem.

Cue the laughter! Bahahaha 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The concern with Gordon is the cost relative to other needs on the roster. His rushing production, especially removing 2018, is average (Freeman matched yards/rush in 2019). His receiving production is very good and should bolster the offense.

The Broncos signed Bouye and lost Harris Jr, with Callahan and Bausby as the remaining CB talent. Callahan has yet to show he can play and Bausby is recovering from a serious neck injury. Casey was a nice signing but Wolfe and Harris are gone (unless they find their way back). James is questionable given his injury history. Even if Bolles miraculously improves with consistency it would help to have a veteran LT.

Gordon isnít a bad signing by any stretch, just the fact the roster still has multiple needs. The draft should help however itís challenging for rookies, even talented ones, to play well at positions like CB and Tackle.

Hopefully Elway will find some good value with remaining free agents.
    Your Bronco team / player homework is impressive. It's forum members like you that keep me educated and informed. Thank you!

I'm sure you've read post #78 by Beastlyskronk in this thread which is also a quality analysis of the Gordon acquisition.

If the 2020 NFL season happens it will be very interesting to see how it plays out!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Gordon offers the offense a lot of versatility that can really shorten the learning curve of a young QB. In my head there’s a package of Fant, Vannett, Sutton, Gordon, and Lindsay where the offense comes out in a 5 wide look, if Lindsay, Gordon, or Fant draw a LB you have a huge mismatch. If they come out in a nickel or dime defense you audible to a more typical run formation and let the TEs clear lanes for Gordon or Lindsay or you can get Fant/Vannett on the same side of the field and run a screen. It’s the old Gronkowski/Hernandez package in New England that gave the NFL nightmares except with 2 great receiving TEs it’s with 2 RBs. Lindsay may not be a great receiver yet but he can outrun LBs.

The Gordon signing creates a lot of ways for our offense to dictate what the defense does. Teams can’t play man coverage against the package I described unless they want to go cover 0 and let the blitz “cover” the mismatches but that creates scramble opportunities for Lock. They have to play zone and they have to pick their poison of doing it with LBs or DBs. And whatever WR we add in the draft will just create more mismatches whether it’s Lamb, Ruggs, Pittman, Mims, or even Higgins, all those guys can be physical punishing blockers on the edge. Hell we might even get a package where we see Driskel out wide.
    Wow! Many impressive Bronco fans here like you and Fantaztic7 and many others that do impressive Bronco team / player homework.

As I stated previously, it's forum members like you that keep me educated and informed. Thank you!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Your Bronco team / player homework is impressive. It's forum members like you that keep me educated and informed. Thank you!

I'm sure you've read post #78 by Beastlyskronk in this thread which is also a quality analysis of the Gordon acquisition.

If the 2020 NFL season happens it will be very interesting to see how it plays out!

My knowledge is minuscule compared to some users here. Yes, beastlyskronk posts great insights. There is a great tweet with video highlights of Gordon...will try to find and post.

i bet that Gordon will have his best year as a Pro this year. he is gonna run angry and run well. he is gonna put his best season and i am willing to bet cp on that one.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I would have preferred a rookie from the late rounds. I think some quality backs will slide in this draft because the FA market is loaded. As stated before, until the OL is bolstered, we are SOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    My knowledge is minuscule compared to some users here. Yes, beastlyskronk posts great insights. There is a great tweet with video highlights of Gordon...will try to find and post.
    Humbleness...a quality attribute in a quality fan!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i bet that Gordon will have his best year as a Pro this year. he is gonna run angry and run well. he is gonna put his best season and i am willing to bet cp on that one.
    I am 100% with you I think Melvin Gordon will light this League On Fire having a Tandem of PL and MG will be Dynamic Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am 100% with you I think Melvin Gordon will light this League On Fire having a Tandem of PL and MG will be Dynamic Indeed.
    plus i get the feeling he is Hungry to prove that this contract is a deal for the broncos. and he is gonna run Angry, cause he is angry people are not considering him a top back. with his motivation and talent i feel he is gonna explode this year as one of the best RB in the league.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    plus i get the feeling he is Hungry to prove that this contract is a deal for the broncos. and he is gonna run Angry, cause he is angry people are not considering him a top back. with his motivation and talent i feel he is gonna explode this year as one of the best RB in the league.
    Charger games especially! Both will be home games, his first of his career in a Denver / Charger match up