Rest of the offseason Mock!

I absolutely love what Elway has done but feel heís a few key moves away from putting together the perfect offseason. Im going bold here and predicting Johnny has 1 more trick up his sleeve!

A few more FA signings;
    Looks like after the Gordon deal we are sitting on roughly 15 million in cap space, not enough to break the bank on anyone, but enough to fill a couple holes.

OT Ty Sambrailo (1 yr 1.5 mill)
    We badly need depth at the tackle position. Sambrailo, we know him well. He started in Atlanta and did pretty well. He is a great option at swing tackle and quality depth for cheap.

DT Ethan Westbrooks (1 yr 850 k)
    Cheap depth and a bargain for a key contributor to Rams defensive success. He makes for a nice rotational player.

OLB Jeremiah Attachou (1 yr 2 mill)
    A nice bump in pay on a ďprove itĒ type deal. Heís too valuable as that #3 pass rusher to let walk.

CB Pierre Desir (3 yrs 15 mill)
    Hi becoming available has Elway scrambling. We need 1 more CB for Fangioís dime sets. This dude can flat out ball.

Wolfe and Harris get signed elsewhere at more than we want to pay.

Draft:

TRADE!!!

Here is my projection on how the top 7 picks of the draft play out.

1. Cincy- QB Joe Burrow
    2. Skins- DE Chase Young
    3. Panthers trade up- QB Tua Tagovailoa
    4. Giants- CB Jeffrey Okudah
    5. Dolphins- OT Mechi Becton (after they sign Winston, they donít pick a QB here)
    6. Chargers- QB Justin Herbert
    7. Cardinals ?????

*TRADE*
    Elway falls in love with a player and th Cardinals are looking to move out after their LT is gone. The deal looks like this;

We get pick #7
    Cardinals get pick #15, #46, and TE Jeff Huerman
    According to the value chart, which I know isnít official, we would be overpaying for this deal but John wants what he wants and he gets his man. Everybody speculates Ruggs here, Johnny throws a curveball and gives into Vic!

1. (#7) LB Isaiah Simmons (Clemson)
    Wow, this is a surprise. Not really, we have a defensive minded coach and a gaping hole opposite A.J. Johnson, sorry Davis is a turd. Elway has never really valued the ILB position but heís never had a chance at a guy like Simmons and Vic Fangio is his HC. With guys like Kelce, Waller, and Henry in our division we need a guy like Simmons. Heís a generational talent and will be key in stopping a Patrick Mahomes led offense.

3. (#77) DL Jordan Elliott (Mizzou)
    We add much needed depth on the d-line here. Casey, Purcell, and Jones are penciled in as starters while DeMarcus Walker and Ethan Westbrooks handle rotational duties. Elliott just adds to that.

3. (#83) S Jeremy Chinn (So. Illinois)
    I simply canít get off this pick. This kid is a baller and replaces Will Parks role on our defense and special teams. Quite simply, he winds up being the #3 Safety.

3. (#95) WR Devin Duvernay (Texas)
    Hereís a burner for ya. This kid had PR potential and could be a nice deep threat with the right coaching. Heís not quite Ruggs but heís a nice project with a ton of upside.

4. (#118) WR K.J. Hill (Ohio St)
    Steady Eddy here. This dude has been ultra productive in college and could be the same for us. Hill, Duvernay, Hamilton, Patrick, Winfree, and Spencer give us a slew of young WRs to pair with Sutton. The TC competition will be fierce.

5. (#178) C Jake Hansen (Oregon)
    More depth for the interior line. Hansen is a steal at this point and with Munch coaching him up could prove to be a starter by year 2-3. Nice find here.

6. (#181) OT Yassir Durant (Mizzou)
    Depth at the OT position.

7. (#237) DL Khalil Davis (Nebraska)
    7. (#252) LB Michael Divinity (LSU)
    7. (#254) P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)

Sir Elway is a genius, and this offseason proves it! Whatcha think?

At first I did not like the Ty signing idea. Then after some thought maybe he could do better with our current coaching and if we could get him at 1.5 mil with little or no guarantees...I am ok with it.

We need to get someone at a very low cap hit who can compete and I have done zero talent scouting at the various OTs available so one name is as good as any.

I don't like it.......

I LOVE IT!!!!! not a big fan of not having our 2nd and we need someone to push Bolles, not sure Ty is the guy. But, anything that gives us Simmons I'm in on✌️

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    At first I did not like the Ty signing idea. Then after some thought maybe he could do better with our current coaching and if we could get him at 1.5 mil with little or no guarantees...I am ok with it.

We need to get someone at a very low cap hit who can compete and I have done zero talent scouting at the various OTs available so one name is as good as any.
    Right. If Munchak thought he would be a better Swing Tackle than anyone currently on the roster, it might work.

Pass we don't get an ot till 6th round. Sambriano has been cut from his second team he is not a staying caliber ot. We need to take a risk 1 or 2. This draft this isn't doing enough to fix our oline

Getting Ty back would be interesting, because we would get to see all the alternate spellings of his name.

I like most of it, good job.

My only changes would be
    Kelvin Beachum rather than Sambrailo

I also think we need free agent receiver like Perriman or Richardson.

With the latest addition of Vannet and adding Isaiah Simmons we could clear cap by cutting Todd Davis and Heuerman.

Chin is very similar to Isaiah Simmons. I would rather we add a center like Nick Harris here and /or move up and get a tackle like Ezra Cleveland or Austin Jackson if they fall.

We go in the draft with are biggest needs being:
    - #2 receiver ( speed to take top off the D)
    - Center
    - Tackle
    - ILB ( who can cover)
    - Cornerback
    - Safety depth

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post

We go in the draft with are biggest needs being:
    - #2 receiver ( speed to take top off the D)
    - Center
    - Tackle
    - ILB ( who can cover)
    - Cornerback
    - Safety depth
    I think our biggest needs going into the draft are...an argument could be made for my first two to be interchanged

#2/1A receiver
    Starting DE
    3rd DB
    pass cover ILB
    swing Tackle

We have receivers on the team / but not that elite 1A/2 receiver that any of the top three WR's in the draft offer { Hopefully Ruggs }
    Dremont Jones is not a capable starting defensive end. yet. We NEED Wolf or Harris back - maybe , just maybe draft Kinlaw instead of Ruggs
    We lost Parks, we need his replacement / Bausby is nice, but not Parks
    Those who think Davis is of no use.....think again, leading tackler year after year isn't he? Could use a pass inside backer on obvious situations, yes, but, if we loose Davis, our run defense will suffer .............badly
    I think the team feels we have our starting Center on the team already
    We probably will draft 2 pieces for Oline for Munchak to develop to cover our ?'s we currently have at Tackle
    Last edited by skeeter01; 03-22-2020 at 06:05 AM.

I donít know how this is overpaying. Huerman has negative value IMO, likely going to be cut to save cap space. I think the trade value is very close if you remove Huerman although I doubt I would do it.

Our offense needs more talent. I donít think it is a good idea to use our top 4 picks for D and let all of the top WRs and OTs go. This draft is deep in both. We should be able to get high quality players at those positions on good values. Hill, Devarney, and Durant donít cut it, that is an afterthought not a strategy. It makes 0 sense to largely ignore the significant talent in this draft at OT and WR. We should be grateful the surplus of talent lines up with positions of need. IMO of course.

I love Simmons but I think we need more players rather than less. If he is there at 15 ,no brainer.

Simmons will not put us over the top. Watch the national championship game again to get all the evidence you need. We need more talent on offense.

Getting Ty Sambrailo back as a Swing sounds interesting. I think they can draft a guy to start at Center this year. Then we need a reliable back up OC/OG.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Getting Ty Sambrailo back as a Swing sounds interesting. I think they can draft a guy to start at Center this year. Then we need a reliable back up OC/OG.
    We already have our starting Center and backup Center and we already have a back up Guard

Patrick Morris

Austin Schlottmann

Elijah Wilkinson

If....Cushenburry, Ruiz, or Biadez can beat them out, I'm all for it

I don't think we can afford to draft for depth with our third pick while we can take a potential starting WR. I'd go WR at 2, there figures to be a ton of value there.

Trading up for Isaiah.Simmons would be huge for the prospective return of the Orange Crush. He can be a Patrick Willis, anti-Kelce, Kam Chancellor, Von Miller type guy for us. He would go crazy with the defense we currently have.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    I think our biggest needs going into the draft are...an argument could be made for my first two to be interchanged

#2/1A receiver
    Starting DE
    3rd DB
    pass cover ILB
    swing Tackle

We have receivers on the team / but not that elite 1A/2 receiver that any of the top three WR's in the draft offer { Hopefully Ruggs }
    Dremont Jones is not a capable starting defensive end. yet. We NEED Wolf or Harris back - maybe , just maybe draft Kinlaw instead of Ruggs
    We lost Parks, we need his replacement / Bausby is nice, but not Parks
    Those who think Davis is of no use.....think again, leading tackler year after year isn't he? Could use a pass inside backer on obvious situations, yes, but, if we loose Davis, our run defense will suffer .............badly
    I think the team feels we have our starting Center on the team already
    We probably will draft 2 pieces for Oline for Munchak to develop to cover our ?'s we currently have at Tackle
    i mean

i would have Starting OT second on list. taking i don't think Bolles is a starting LT in this league i am not sure we need a 3rd DB.

i have wanted a pass coverage backer or just a backer with good coverage skills i think we can get a guy like Logan Wilson in the 4th who can handle some of the ILB at least push davis for a spot.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait