Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selecting 3 in the top 50 again this draft (mock)

We can't keep all of our picks, and after a strong FA period I think it has definitely opened up our draft for more options. It would be great to get one of the top WR prospects in Jeudy or Ruggs, but if they aren't there when we pick and we aren't blown away by a trade I would love to see something like this...

(15) LB Kenneth Murray. What everyone loves about Simmons is his versatility to play around the defensive backfield, but Murray and Queen offer similar traits to the LB position. After improving our DL with Casey and getting Chubb back, I would love to see a rangy LB like either of those guys. Too high for him? Maybe, but he has logged over 100 tackles in the SEC the past two years and is constantly making plays behind the LOS. Good trade back candidate as well, especially if QBs and WR start to go.

*Trade* 46+95 Car

(38) OT Austin Jackson- after waiting too long for Shenault we get a nice prospect that at just 20 years old, sounds like a perfect player for Munchak. With our situation at OT, a guy a year away could be just the thing. Just about every report has said Jackson would have benefited by returning to school. Sounds like he could be a jackpot at the position with the right situation. He may be long gone by here but with the 49ers 3rd we received we could move up enough from 46. With so many WRs going to be drafted, other guys are going to slide. Guys like Jackson who teams may not be able to play right away. He is a trade up candidate for me.

*Trade* 77+83 Chi

(50) WR KJ Hamler- One of my favorite WRs in the draft. Undersized by NFL standards but a really tough player and very elusive. He can be deadly in an offense that can move him around and utilize him on ST. Great speed and great elusiveness in the open field, two things we really need at the WR spot. I want Shenault or Ruggs more than any other WRs, but I love what Hamler could do for us.

Anybody have any other 3 player selections we might be able to pull off with the capital we have? Elway loves to move around on draft day.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 03-21-2020 at 04:50 PM.

I like what you have done. Those top 3 picks will be so important, because all three could be starters. And yes, I am inclined to use some capital to move up if need be. And, with some smarts, I believe we might be able to trade back a little in round one, to gain assets for moving right back up, in the next few rounds. I would love to have even more 2nds/3rds in total. That can be a real sweet spot.

As for Murray, I have already discussed today, as a possible good signing, given Simmons will cost too much.

And so, I agree, it's WR/Oline for the next 2 picks. I do want a quality WR, and depending on what we do in FA going forward, I might want to go 2nd round at the latest.

Good thread!

I'm with you on a trade back Can-

We could work ourselves into something like trading back for Epenesa and back up to land Austin Jackson and Shenault in RD 2. What a haul that would be!

There is so much movement on draft day and Elway seems to be in the mix as much as anyone. I truly do feel we will get 3 of these top 50 again.

I will not break down the trades to get there but here goes...

Ruggs: at #15 (still hoping)
    Ruiz: top of the 2nd rd Day one starting C keeps Glasgow at G. (could also be talked into Cushenburry or Biasdesz at C)
    Dye: coverage LB - available mid 2nd or slightly later.

This also includes some additional free agency work. Because if these signings don't happen draft day changes dramatically IMO
    - Dline (Wolfe or Harris or ?),
    - starting level CB
    - vet swing tackle-. in case James remains unable to play.

I think there has been disagreement with who the Broncos have picked since Elway has gotten here there has been no disagreement with his ability to move up or down the draft board when he wants.

I expect to see more moving around this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I think there has been disagreement with who the Broncos have picked since Elway has gotten here there has been no disagreement with his ability to move up or down the draft board when he wants.

I expect to see more moving around this year.
    Shake and bake!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Ruiz: top of the 2nd rd Day one starting C keeps Glasgow at G. (could also be talked into Cushenburry or Biasdesz at C)

This also includes some additional free agency work. Because if these signings don't happen draft day changes dramatically IMO
    - starting level CB
    Nice mix of players here as well- Ruiz and Biadasz are a couple of OL that are good trade up candidates as well.

I like the agression. I believe if we come away with three solid year one or two starters from this draft, we will all be happy.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

- starting level CB
    Every time I do a mock draft on the Draft Network they have Ruiz to the Dolphins and Cushenberry to the Seahawks in the back portion of the first. Every single time they have those two player with those two back to back picks. So I'm not sure they'll be there in round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Every time I do a mock draft on the Draft Network they have Ruiz to the Dolphins and Cushenberry to the Seahawks in the back portion of the first. Every single time they have those two player with those two back to back picks. So I'm not sure they'll be there in round 2.
    Not sure of the draft capital needed to get back into the end of the first. #46, #77, a 6th or 7th? A future day two pick?

Or take Biadasz at #46 and just have to move up to back end of the second rd for Dye. Iíve seen him as a borderline rd three pick.

Also I donít put too much faith in some of the draft simulators as the best predictors. Although Draft Network is better then Fanspeak. Seems like more then half the time I do a mock on Fanspeak Okudah makes it to #15.

Not sure of the draft capital needed to get back into the end of the first. #46, #77, a 6th or 7th? A future day two pick?

Or take Biadasz at #46 and just have to move up to back end of the second rd for Dye. I’ve seen him as a borderline rd three pick.

Also I don’t put too much faith in some of the draft simulators as the best predictors. Although Draft Network is better then Fanspeak. Seems like more then half the time I do a mock on Fanspeak Okudah makes it to #15.
    They have Biadasz ranked really low, so I always take him at pick 95 of my mock drafts.

Like the strategy. Hate the picks. I may be in the minority but I would not draft Jackson to hope we can coach him up. His technique is atrocious. He gets beat like a drum. I would run away from him at full speed. I believe Cleveland, Niang, and Wilson are all far better choices and at least 1 will be on the board at our pick in the second. People love Jacksonís measurables but his tape doesnít match.

I would not draft a ILB in the first unless his name is Simmons.

Would strongly prefer Thomas then Blacklock over Murray and Jackson, if we had this scenario.

I do like Hamler but there are at least 5 WRs I like in that range. If we moved back in the first and not trade up for Hamler we could probably get 2 of them.

I tend to think the draft is deeper than 50 and strong to 100-120. That being said I do like the strategy of picking up another 2nd. Personally I would do it by trading down, but I like the idea.

Excellent creative thinking!

This is all fun to think about and play around with (similar to a mock draft) but I also tend to think the draft is deep with quality players and that the top six picks can and should be the foundation pieces for the team.

Those three 3rd rounders could be huge if Elway chooses wisely.

Statistically not likely but potentially (with my Bronco bias) I think those six picks could all be contributing this season and a couple day one starters very possible.

Current roster needs talent. This is a chance to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Like the strategy. Hate the picks. I may be in the minority but I would not draft Jackson to hope we can coach him up. His technique is atrocious. He gets beat like a drum. I would run away from him at full speed. I believe Cleveland, Niang, and Wilson are all far better choices and at least 1 will be on the board at our pick in the second. People love Jackson’s measurables but his tape doesn’t match.

I would not draft a ILB in the first unless his name is Simmons.

Would strongly prefer Thomas then Blacklock over Murray and Jackson, if we had this scenario.

I do like Hamler but there are at least 5 WRs I like in that range. If we moved back in the first and not trade up for Hamler we could probably get 2 of them.

I tend to think the draft is deeper than 50 and strong to 100-120. That being said I do like the strategy of picking up another 2nd. Personally I would do it by trading down, but I like the idea.

Excellent creative thinking!
    You know, I wouldnt have even considered ILB but after FA I think we have filled some holes and these two specific LBs (Murray and Queen) have great range and speed. With the TEs in our division we have to address the position with high quality players sometime. Between Kelce, Waller and Henry the AFCW is stacked at TE.....every week it seems like we are facing another good one. 15 may be too early, but with the Raiders and Ravens selecting behind us I'm not sure how late Murray will go.
    As for Jackson, I know he has his issues but at 20 years old coaching him up should be expected. I see him as a high return draft pick for whoever pulls the trigger. Our team happens to be in a great situation where we not only have the guy to coach him, but the roster depth to (essentially) absorb him.

I agree with you in the depth of the draft, but in particular the late 1st-2nd. I am really hoping for a trade back if my preference (Ruggs) isn't there. With so many good WRs this year, other positions are sliding. I'm getting excited already!

This is all fun to think about and play around with (similar to a mock draft) but I also tend to think the draft is deep with quality players and that the top six picks can and should be the foundation pieces for the team.

Those three 3rd rounders could be huge if Elway chooses wisely.

Statistically not likely but potentially (with my Bronco bias) I think those six picks could all be contributing this season and a couple day one starters very possible.

Current roster needs talent. This is a chance to get it.
    It is a deep draft and you are right-
    I love thinking about trading up for guys this season because of the capital we have, but I know if we did that we would all be screaming as the 3rd Rd comes around and we are shocked at who's still available.