Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nick Vannett

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Hauerman. Miller;5877622]https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...-two-year-deal

I'm confused, based on how klis Twitter post read it was front loaded contract not reverse. If it is and the 2nd yr is not guaranteed at all then I'm all for it. Definitely a much better blocker than Hauerman. And a cheaper option.
    History has shown me pretty much all reporters know less about how contracts and the cap works than people who have put the effort to understand on these forums.

In my experience looking at these two websites below and understanding what their breakdown means is far better than what any reporter has to say about contracts and caps. Part of it is teams and agents put out reports that make them sound good and reporters tend to re-post that info. Part of it is the websites below do not get the info they need or they are slow to update it ... which is bad for reporters because they want to break the news asap.

https://overthecap.com/player/nick-vannett/4807/

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-b...vannett-19048/

I understand it, but I think the money should have elsewhere
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I like the aspect of having a TE who's strictly known for his blocking. That will help both the run game and pass pro. And it frees Fant up to just catch the football.

Fant as the receiver, Vannet as the blocker, Fort and Beck around to do both of those and play special teams. I assume with no FB they will keep 4 TEs.
    Same. We've been missing that Virgil Green TE since Green left.
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Being willing and capable doesn't equal good. So many drivers were killed last year by poor blocking by fant. Asking fant to block was a terrible idea. He was given the chance and shown he has a long way to go.
    Those poor drivers...

But seriously, while being willing may not be the same as being good, itís a good sign for long term development. He may never be that TE that eliminates guys in the run game (he does have that potential though) but thereís no reason he canít put himself in good position to wall defenders off.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Being willing and capable doesn't equal good. So many drivers were killed last year by poor blocking by fant. Asking fant to block was a terrible idea. He was given the chance and shown he has a long way to go.
    He also had some mind boggling drops. Is he all of a sudden not a good receiving TE because of a few rookie mistakes in that area? Obviously not.