Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    If we go OT, I want Andrew Thomas.

For me the top choice is Wirfs. His athleticism, and raw skills are top tier. He comes from a good school at developing solid NFL players. Give him time with Munchak, and he has the potential to be the top of the food chain when it comes to OTs. He also can kick inside to guard initially, where I think he has elite potential as well.

I think it should be Wirfs

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I think it should be Wirfs
    I want it to be Wirfs, but I don't see how 4 teams ahead of won't strongly feel the same way. Thomas, Becton, and Willis are all very good as well. If Kinlaw, and Thomas or Willis is there at #15 that would be a very, very hard choice.

Going to be interesting to see if any of those four are available. IMO they won’t. Which leads to some tough choices on that second tier of OTs if that is the direction they even go.

Given the current info, it looks like Bolles and James are the starters. After that top four are there any OTs that would take their jobs to start the season? Would any of them?

IMO that leaves less polished OTs to develop for half the season or into next depending on what Bolles and/ or James can provide.

A. Jackson seems like a perfect prospect if they choose to move back into the first or down to the top of the second. Not taking him at #15.

I readily admit to being a longtime USC fan. So openly biased! But Jackson has the skills but needs work on his technique and overall strength. Giving him high end Munchak coaching and time to develop would give the long term answer they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    For me the top choice is Wirfs. His athleticism, and raw skills are top tier. He comes from a good school at developing solid NFL players. Give him time with Munchak, and he has the potential to be the top of the food chain when it comes to OTs. He also can kick inside to guard initially, where I think he has elite potential as well.
    Wirfs could play any O-Line spot with C being an "in a pinch" possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Wirfs could play any O-Line spot with C being an "in a pinch" possibility.
    That is an ideal OL quality IMO. If we do take an OT high, I'd imagine we would consider moving Glasgow to Center, and rookie to RG initially.

I think we see the Top 3 OTs going ahead of where we pick, so I would say Andrew Thomas would be the one “left over” and quite frankly, he has been my OT1 all season long and I would not be upset if he was the pick at #15. I just can’t think of a scenario where Bolles isn’t the starter in 2020 due to him still being on a rookie contract and the fact that he’s still valued by our FO.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I think we see the Top 3 OTs going ahead of where we pick, so I would say Andrew Thomas would be the one “left over” and quite frankly, he has been my OT1 all season long and I would not be upset if he was the pick at #15. I just can’t think of a scenario where Bolles isn’t the starter in 2020 due to him still being on a rookie contract and the fact that he’s still valued by our FO.
    I think Thomas is very good at everything, and he is being nitpicked to death. At the end of the day I think he still goes ahead of where we pick. I think Wills is the guy that is more likely to drop, I think he's the toughest to project to LT, and there are rumors of him having trouble picking up blocking schemes.

That is an ideal OL quality IMO. If we do take an OT high, I'd imagine we would consider moving Glasgow to Center, and rookie to RG initially.
    That would probably put the Swing Tackle in the starting five, but that sometimes happens.

Of the top 4 I would hope to have a shot at Thomas, I am pretty sure that the Broncos will need a LT in 2021. IMO, Becton is getting over rated because of his size and athleticism, he will likely be a success but it will take a season before he is.
    I don't think any of them will be available at 15. If the top 3 WRs are also gone then probably the best move would be to trade down and still take a WR or maybe Josh Jones. I have seen a couple mocks having Derrick Brown still being available; I would take him, no problem.

I think Thomas is very good at everything, and he is being nitpicked to death. At the end of the day I think he still goes ahead of where we pick. I think Wills is the guy that is more likely to drop, I think he's the toughest to project to LT, and there are rumors of him having trouble picking up blocking schemes.
    Perhaps a GM does not overthink Thomas and he does go ahead of us. I could see that for sure. I think NYJ or TB would be candidates to take him.

I have not heard of those rumors about Wills Jr., but if that’s the case— I would not be too worried if we picked him at #15 and “redshirt” him behind Bolles for 2020 while he develops under Munchak’s guidance and learns Shurmur’s blocking schemes. Wills Jr. and Becton are the biggest projects out of the top OTs for me.

I hope teams keep over analyzing Thomas so he falls to us. He is the best LT in this class, but Becton is a monster. He might have the highest ceiling.They would be my top 2 choices. I like Wirfs as well and would be happy if we got him. Not a Willis fan. Would rather pick Jones later in the first or Ezra Cleveland. I would pass on Willis.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Perhaps a GM does not overthink Thomas and he does go ahead of us. I could see that for sure. I think NYJ or TB would be candidates to take him.

I have not heard of those rumors about Wills Jr., but if that’s the case— I would not be too worried if we picked him at #15 and “redshirt” him behind Bolles for 2020 while he develops under Munchak’s guidance and learns Shurmur’s blocking schemes. Wills Jr. and Becton are the biggest projects out of the top OTs for me.
    I have read multiple reports lately that some teams are project Willis may have to play guard. Of course, as is the nature of this time of year, I also saw 2 mocks today with him going top 8.

Thomas for sure. Guy is solid all around and keeps getting overshadowed by combine performances. The tape doesn't lie. He is one of the more steady o-line prospects in the draft.