Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If we look at OT in the 1st, who's your preference?

I still think there's a good chance we look at OT in the first. Obviously receiver and corner are strong possibilities, but if we end up looking to shore up the O line, who would be the guy you hope to grab?

I'm really liking Jedrick Wills from Alabama. Dude seems so natural at the tackle spot. He did play on the right side, I think because of Tua's blind side, so if we took him to be LT there would be some adjustment, but he looks technically very sound and also has great athleticism for his size. While we could focus on getting Lock more weapons, I think looking at getting better protection should also help his development.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    I still think there's a good chance we look at OT in the first. Obviously receiver and corner are strong possibilities, but if we end up looking to shore up the O line, who would be the guy you hope to grab?

I'm really liking Jedrick Wills from Alabama. Dude seems so natural at the tackle spot. He did play on the right side, I think because of Tua's blind side, so if we took him to be LT there would be some adjustment, but he looks technically very sound and also has great athleticism for his size. While we could focus on getting Lock more weapons, I think looking at getting better protection should also help his development.
    Jedrick would be the guy but Iíve heard that he is having trouble understanding the blocking schemes even in college. Almost sounds like another Bolles to me!

If he wasnít having issues Iíd pick him above the rest, but right now Iíd take Thomas and Wirfs before him.

I actually see Wills falling in the draft!

i really like Tristian Wirfs, right now he would be my top target for this class. he can slide into a gaurd play well or play either tackle spot. i think it goes like this to me

Wirfs
    Thomas
    Willis
    Becton
    Jones
    Cleveland
    Niang
    Jackson

would be my top 8 i would like to end to up with one of these guys in the first 2 rounds.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Becton, imo, will have the best NFL career

Thomas is the safest pick

Willis will be the drafts biggest bust....as far as tackles go, jmo

Wirfs, Thomas, Wills and Becton are expected to go in the first half of the first round. If one is there at #15, he may become a Bronco. Most mocks have them all gone by then. Of the four I like Wirfs the best followed by Thomas.

If the top four are gone and Denver wants to keep #15, they will probably take bpa. In that scenario, if they insist on a Tackle with their first pick, they should probably trade back to get Jones, Jackson or Cleveland and use the capital to trade back up.

In any event, I think Denver should draft a Tackle no later than #77. Peart might last that long. The presumed starters have questions, and there is no quality depth at T.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Wirfs, Thomas, Wills and Becton are expected to go in the first half of the first round. If one is there at #15, he may become a Bronco. Most mocks have them all gone by then. Of the four I like Wirfs the best followed by Thomas.

If the top four are gone and Denver wants to keep #15, they will probably take bpa. In that scenario, if they insist on a Tackle with their first pick, they should probably trade back to get Jones, Jackson or Cleveland and use the capital to trade back up.

In any event, I think Denver should draft a Tackle no later than #77. Peart might last that long. The presumed starters have questions, and there is no quality depth at T.
    I generally agree with a trade back strategy. Trade back and take Cleveland or Jones. I personally can't stand Jackson. I think he is terrible but I understand why people love his measurables. If we need to take one at 15, I hope it is Becton or Thomas (although almost no chance Becton is still there). I think Wirfs is intriguing but better fit as a RT and I am not a big Willis fan. I think I actually like Cleveland and Jones better than Willis. Probably just me though.

I love Niang in the late 2nd or 3rd. I think Peart will play Guard in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I like him a lot and in his interview he said that he believes "he is the most dominant tackle coming out of the 2020 NFL draft". that's is big time confidence, I don't know that I agree with him at the moment but I do really like him. If the broncos are targeting a tackle in the first round, I wound not attempt to move up, just sit tight and draft Becton at 15 if hes there!

Something tells me that he'll be gone but Wills will be there and I'm so afraid of that! If that is the case, hopefully they'd target a DT/Kinlaw instead.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Watching Becton run the 40 was downright scary. I say put him at KR and watch everyone else dive out of the way. I sure wouldn't want to tackle that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Watching Becton run the 40 was downright scary. I say put him at KR and watch everyone else dive out of the way. I sure wouldn't want to tackle that guy.
    That guy is a monster. No way anyone wants to be in front of that freight train coming at them.

My preference would be Becton. Realistically I think Thomas may be there along with Wills in which case Iím taking Thomas. If Thomas isnít there Iím looking at Kinlaw/Brown, one of the top 3 WRs, or trading back if those guys are gone. One of those guys should be there though as teams get too cute in the draft.

Andrew Thomas is the best left tackle and Willis is the best right tackle.
    Iíd take Thomas if he is there at 15.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Andrew Thomas is the best left tackle and Willis is the best right tackle.
    Iíd take Thomas if he is there at 15.
    If choosing between those two I would prefer Thomas but I have less confidence in James this coming season then I do Bolles.

Donít think Bolles becomes a world beater just less mistakes and losing his cool. At least I think he will give everything he has every play. Iím interested to see if he comes back mentally ready.

Hopefully has a break out season. James I still have no clue what to expect.

Of the top four OT, I'd rank them as follows:
    Wirfs
    Thomas
    Becton
    Wills
    Would love to have either Wirfs or Thomas. I'd be ok with Becton. I'm hesitant on Wills, considering the reports on some of his struggles.

After them, I wouldn't take an OT unless we trade down or wait until the second round.

Then I'd look at Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland or Isaiah Wilson. I don't want Austin Jackson. I think he has the biggest bust potential of the late first/second round OT's.