Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Melvin Gordan is a Bronco...???

So 16mil on a 2 year deal. Hmmmm...

BREAKING: Broncos and RB Melvin Gordon have agreed to terms on a two-year deal worth $16M. (via @RapSheet) https://t.co/aFk3pX8pzI

Yep we have a nice 1 1 punch at RB!!

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    So 16mil on a 2 year deal. Hmmmm...

BREAKING: Broncos and RB Melvin Gordon have agreed to terms on a two-year deal worth $16M. (via @RapSheet) https://t.co/aFk3pX8pzI
    I think this is a reach IMO. This is what I'm afraid is going to happen at other positions. They will take anyone they can find, regardless of skill and fit.

Phillip still needs paid is why I'm scratching my head.

This is great!

Really? Gordon? ugh

I love the move, he plays with a lot more power than Gurley does. Lindsay won't be affected with this, he'll still give us 1100 all purpose yards and 7-10 tds

Only 2 years, not a huge financial commitment though a relatively high percentage is guaranteed.

I think he'll be better than Freeman has shown. Gordon can carry the load if needed f Lindsay goes down, but for us I think he'll work best as a spell for Lindsay and a quality pass catching option.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Phillip still needs paid is why I'm scratching my head.
    Phillip is good, but we don't need to pay Phillip anytime soon, as I argued in another thread. We own Phillip for the foreseeable future, and this shouldn't change anything. In fact, in 2 years time if Phillip has continued to be productive, it will be the time that makes the most sense to probably extend him. Anyway, he could still get an extension, we are not abandoning him because we added another back, bu Shurmur uses the back in the passing game a lot, and Gordon is a better receiving option.

Not ecstatic on this one. We'll see though I'll keep an open mind.

Hopefully we go with the hot hand type thing.

It doesn't matter how Lindsey feels. He's going to have to rise to the occasion again. I'm not betting against him
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I think it's good, We take him away from the Chargers. And maybe he'll play hard for us, so he can stick it to the Chargers!!!!

Health is a concern of course but he is a complete back. I think Shurmur knows how to use RB's that do everything and Gordon and Lindsey can.

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t be thrilled about this move unless you reason is the contract. As a player he will complement Lindsay perfectly. The question I asked myself is did our running game get better or worse? And it clearly is better

Anything to help Lock move the chains!!

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I think this is a reach IMO. This is what I'm afraid is going to happen at other positions. They will take anyone they can find, regardless of skill and fit.
    Signing a receiver who's a good pass catcher to play for an OC who loves to use his RBs in the passing game. What is missing for you in skill/fit?

I don't love this move, but I don't hate it either. Denver added an RB who gives them a reliable target, along with a guy who averaged 4.8 yards per carry against 8+ men boxes and has 47 touchdowns in 4 years. That's an upgrade over what Denver had.