The NFL Draft will probably be cancelled

Listen up,

The Draft will most probably be cancelled and the NFL regular season is in danger of being shut down as well. The Cronoavrisu crisis has just started in the US, and the country will be the worst epicenter of the disease by far. This will impact the Draft as well as the regular season, no doubt about it.

So a long winter will get even longer.

Ya they have already announced that they are doing the draft remotely

Really?

Oh ok then. Thanks. There is still a month to the draft, things could change pretty quickly

I have to disagree, draft will happen it just won't have a crowd. The season will, imo, continue with it's normal schedule. September is a long ways away and this thing will be controlled by then

Quote Originally Posted by aditheman View Post
    Really?

Oh ok then. Thanks. There is still a month to the draft, things could change pretty quickly
    i am about 90% sure. right now the plan is to go through with the draft just not have the fan fare or ect and make it mainly remote or online type thing. i feel sorry for some of these kids. but it should still go through

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I'm so glad this hit now instead of rearing its ugly head right before the season started. I know ...... I'm a selfish guy what can I say lol. I wished this crap never happened , but you guys know what i mean .

So the draft will go the same way it did before ESPN televising it. The only exception is that communications technology is much more advanced. Conference call on GoToMeeting or similar app.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    So the draft will go the same way it did before ESPN televising it. The only exception is that communications technology is much more advanced. Conference call on GoToMeeting or similar app.
    Or maybe they just use skype like esports has been doing

There isn't really any reason to cancel the draft. Everything can be done remotely.

Pretty sure draft will go on without a problem. Season could get pushed back, as I don't think will be able to start offseason workouts on time. Or they may just cancel a preseason game or two.

Always possible the outbreak could go on longer (one estimate even said 18 months) but if that happens then we really "Flattened the Curve", which would be a good thing. Wonder if NFL would even consider games without fans.

Season better not get pushed back or cancelled. I get Sunday Ticket free next season.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Season better not get pushed back or cancelled. I get Sunday Ticket free next season.
    At this rate, we might be watching televised Madden games come September.

Like many here, I think The Draft can go on...remotely for sure. Just a question of the intensity of the pandemic, and how far reaching it may be. If it is too expansive, I can see a change of heart. But other than no fans and remote participation, logistically should be fine.

A lot of pro days cancelled, no F2Finterviews, medicals... not sure why we would have a draft. more of a crap-shoot than normal
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

I'm going to go ahead and close this for now, because at this point the draft is still happening. The big spectacle isn't going to happen, but the draft will happen in some form. If things change then we can revisit this.