Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ceaser Ruiz

Ceaser Ruiz

He may be the top interior OL in the draft. I was thinking we may look to add a long term partner at OC to tandem with Lock.

#Broncos have interest in Ruiz- would be a great add in the #NFLDraft @1043TheFan

Here is Jordan Reid's cliff notes version of Ruiz

"Gave him the nickname the “Sandbox Bully” because he dominates in between the A gaps. Nimble athlete who also can get out on short pulls. Another prospect that’s only 20 years old. Easily the best interior OL in this class.

Best fits: KC, CHI, CIN, NE"
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He may be the top interior OL in the draft. I was thinking we may look to add a long term partner at OC to tandem with Lock.

#Broncos have interest in Ruiz- would be a great add in the #NFLDraft @1043TheFan

Here is Jordan Reid's cliff notes version of Ruiz

"Gave him the nickname the “Sandbox Bully” because he dominates in between the A gaps. Nimble athlete who also can get out on short pulls. Another prospect that’s only 20 years old. Easily the best interior OL in this class.

Best fits: KC, CHI, CIN, NE"
    IF - the team feels an addition is necessary @ Center, they will need to trade into the back of the first to secure his services.

What would be the advantage of Ruiz in the late first early second when we can get biadasz in the third. I think Biadasz is better value there

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    What would be the advantage of Ruiz in the late first early second when we can get biadasz in the third. I think Biadasz is better value there
    Value of a pick is one thing, but I'd prefer top end talent when it comes to making a long term pair for my QBOTF. Lock with an interior of Risner-Ruiz-Glasgow is great. Ruiz comes from the Harabaugh system so he's pretty used to pro concepts, he's also coming off a good season, where as Biasdz a so-so season. Plus, Glagow and Ruiz will have a connection being Michigan men, and Glasgow will familiar with issues Ruiz will have compared to Michigan systems.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Value of a pick is one thing, but I'd prefer top end talent when it comes to making a long term pair for my QBOTF. Lock with an interior of Risner-Ruiz-Glasgow is great. Ruiz comes from the Harabaugh system so he's pretty used to pro concepts, he's also coming off a good season, where as Biasdz a so-so season. Plus, Glagow and Ruiz will have a connection being Michigan men, and Glasgow will familiar with issues Ruiz will have compared to Michigan systems.
    i think i am higher then most on Biadasz but i really don't see much of an upgrade from him to Ruiz, but thats just me i guess

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

i think i am higher then most on Biadasz but i really don't see much of an upgrade from him to Ruiz, but thats just me i guess
    Your not in the majority there! Biadasz makes more sense later when we can fill another need early on. Like drafting Mekhi Becton
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-25-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Your not in the majority there! Biadasz makes more sense later when we can fill another need early on. Like drafting Mekhi Becton
    i don't see Becton being available at our first round pick. would be lovely dream though

oakland raders gm

i don't see Becton being available at our first round pick. would be lovely dream though
    Well that's a good problem to have actually because even if Wirfs, Thomas, and Becton are gone perhaps another top player at another position like Kinlaw will be there. Not sure about Ruggs or Lamb but a top player is going to fall! IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Well that's a good problem to have actually because even if Wirfs, Thomas, and Becton are gone perhaps another top player at another position like Kinlaw will be there. Not sure about Ruggs or Lamb but a top player is going to fall! IMO
    i have a feeling and a hope that a top OT, Kinlaw or Ruggs will be there when we draft. and if so we need to run i and turn the card in quickly for one of them. expecially sense all top OT prospects can play Gaurd in this league to start out.

oakland raders gm

I really like Biadasz as well. If Munch wants a certain guy, go get that guy. I haven't heard anything about anyone before this piece about Ruiz.

I am not very high on Ruiz or Biadasz. I really don’t like the way Biadasz was manhandled by the Ohio State DTs. Neither of which project as super stars. I also thought Ruiz was not as good as Brederson this year. I would not be opposed to a center but would be a little disappointed to take Ruiz early.

I would just as soon take Hennessy in the late third or fourth. Played at a smaller school but gave up nothing to anyone

Nobody is talking about Cushenbury ? He'll be there for the taking with our 2nd pick

Honestly I’ll trust in Munchak and Elway in the final choice of which C “fits” the Broncos the best. I have a favorite but any being mentioned by the third round will be fine by me.

The more important question for me is if C is even high on the Broncos list? IMO they still need a starting C with Glasgow taking over RG. But do the coaches feel the same way?

The draft will tell us a lot. I have high expectations for those first six picks. Among them a C and OT prospects.

Who is available and which round they select them will tell us more about what the coaches think. It is fun to debate who we “like” , I want to know what the Broncos brain trust think.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Nobody is talking about Cushenbury ? He'll be there for the taking with our 2nd pick
    I would take Cushenberry in the 2nd, good looking prospect at C. I like Kinlaw and A Thomas at 15 but find it hard looking past the 3 receivers.

Partial to Cushenberry, but both solid prospects. Don’t think Ruiz is worth a first.