Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 76
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    We did and do have a ton of cap space. We have used a healthy portion of it by doing short term, no risk acquisitions. Best thing about Gordon is 2 year contract. Best thing about Casey and Bouye is no dead money at all. Glasgow is the only long term investment.

    We can still spend about 10M in cap hits if we wanted to (consider Glasgow was a 6M cap hit for 11M AAV), but who do we want to really go multiple years on? Ban restructure both Casey and Bouye if we need more room, it would just create possible dead cap down the road. We got everything done so far without having to convert salary into prorated bonuses, many team did that.

    We are in good shape to draft and add a couple vets post draft to add depth.
    I donít think the team needed to spend $16 million on a running back entering his 6th season. Would you pay $16 million to Devontae Booker?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I don’t think the team needed to spend $16 million on a running back entering his 6th season. Would you pay $16 million to Devontae Booker?
    is that even a fair comparison. the lowest TD that Gordon has had is 8 over the last 4 years. booker has had 8 his whole career. gordon has 4 times the yeards that booker does. Gordon has 36 TDs in his career, booker has had 6 rushing. gordon has had 11 TD receving booker has 1. Gordon has had a better yards per carry and and a total of 47 tds to Bookers 7. how can you even compare those 2?

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    is that even a fair comparison. the lowest TD that Gordon has had is 8 over the last 4 years. booker has had 8 his whole career. gordon has 4 times the yeards that booker does. Gordon has 36 TDs in his career, booker has had 6 rushing. gordon has had 11 TD receving booker has 1. Gordon has had a better yards per carry and and a total of 47 tds to Bookers 7. how can you even compare those 2?
    Booker has the same yards/rush and higher yards/reception. The Chargers had Rivers at QB, Gates, Allen and the offense to use Gordon. In Gordonís best season, 2018, he averaged fewer yards per rush than Booker.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Booker has the same yards/rush and higher yards/reception. The Chargers had Rivers at QB, Gates, Allen and the offense to use Gordon. In Gordon’s best season, 2018, he averaged fewer yards per rush than Booker.
    3.8 and 4.0 does not mean Equal. expecially on the different amount of carries


    also there is a HUGE DIFFERNCE in 175 carries vs 34


    are you trying to tell me that Booker is a top 10 back cause i am laughing hard now?

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Booker has the same yards/rush and higher yards/reception. The Chargers had Rivers at QB, Gates, Allen and the offense to use Gordon. In Gordonís best season, 2018, he averaged fewer yards per rush than Booker.
    This is the reason that only reading statistics, after the fact, is a terrible way to review players. I was not a big fan of the Gordon signing, but have no doubts he is a step up from booker.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Booker has the same yards/rush and higher yards/reception. The Chargers had Rivers at QB, Gates, Allen and the offense to use Gordon. In Gordon’s best season, 2018, he averaged fewer yards per rush than Booker.
    Using yards per carry as a measure of an RB, especially when measuring a guy who barely ran the ball the last two years, against a guy who's been a long time starter in the league, is an awful way to decide who's better.

    By that metric Raheem Mostert was better than Derrick Henry this year, cause he averaged 5.6 YPC v 5.1 YPC. No context needed....

    And Phillip Lindsay is a better back than Terrell Davis because his YPC (4.9 to 4.6) were better...

    Or we could take a step back and actually look at all of the information at hand rather than taking a tiny piece and using that as an all-encompassing argument.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Splitting hairs. Holding out for a long term contract translates to earning more money, especially with the short careers many running backs experience.
    Let me ask you this, why should we care about Gordon's holdout with San Angeles? He didn't hold out in Denver for more money, he signed here as a free agent.

    I guess I need to find out what you're even arguing here, because I'm kind lost on your grievance.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    This is the reason that only reading statistics, after the fact, is a terrible way to review players. I was not a big fan of the Gordon signing, but have no doubts he is a step up from booker.
    Iíve watched nearly every run and reception by Booker and many of Gordon. Since Gordon is such a step up in your opinion, what exactly does he do better than Booker? Be specific since youíre not into stats.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I’ve watched nearly every run and reception by Booker and many of Gordon. Since Gordon is such a step up in your opinion, what exactly does he do better than Booker? Be specific since you’re not into stats.
    he runs with more power and is a better goal line back then booker

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I’ve watched nearly every run and reception by Booker and many of Gordon. Since Gordon is such a step up in your opinion, what exactly does he do better than Booker? Be specific since you’re not into stats.
    He earns a starting spot in the NFL better than Booker does. While watching all of Booker's carries in the league you should have noticed that they went down steadily over the 4 years. In fact he got almost 100 less carries in year 2 than he did in year 1. They went down 45 more carries from year 2 to year 3. In year 4 he had 8 offensive touches.

    As already pointed out, the fewest touchdowns Gordon has had in a season is equal to the entire number of offensive touches that Booker got last year.

    I don't like nor do I hate the Gordon signing, I could go either way on it. But I don't understand the straw man argument of comparing him to a guy who will probably bounce between 2 or 3 teams this year and then be out of the league next year.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He earns a starting spot in the NFL better than Booker does. While watching all of Booker's carries in the league you should have noticed that they went down steadily over the 4 years. In fact he got almost 100 less carries in year 2 than he did in year 1. They went down 45 more carries from year 2 to year 3. In year 4 he had 8 offensive touches.

    As already pointed out, the fewest touchdowns Gordon has had in a season is equal to the entire number of offensive touches that Booker got last year.

    I don't like nor do I hate the Gordon signing, I could go either way on it. But I don't understand the straw man argument of comparing him to a guy who will probably bounce between 2 or 3 teams this year and then be out of the league next year.
    I didnít ask whether carries went up or down. What does Gordon do specifically better than Booker? Other than the number of carries?

    Of course he had a starting role because he was drafted 15 in the first round. Booker was injured and fell back in the draft. When you look at them play what does Gordon do better?
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 03-25-2020 at 08:03 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    he runs with more power and is a better goal line back then booker
    Runs with more power based on what?

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Runs with more power based on what?
    36 rushing touchdowns vs 6 rushing touchdowns. he is obviously better down by the goalline.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Using yards per carry as a measure of an RB, especially when measuring a guy who barely ran the ball the last two years, against a guy who's been a long time starter in the league, is an awful way to decide who's better.

    By that metric Raheem Mostert was better than Derrick Henry this year, cause he averaged 5.6 YPC v 5.1 YPC. No context needed....

    And Phillip Lindsay is a better back than Terrell Davis because his YPC (4.9 to 4.6) were better...

    Or we could take a step back and actually look at all of the information at hand rather than taking a tiny piece and using that as an all-encompassing argument.
    Like Gordon running behind a Top 5 line, a QB capable of adjusting plays at the line and threats like Gates and Allen to keep a defense honest?

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Like Gordon running behind a Top 5 line, a QB capable of adjusting plays at the line and threats like Gates and Allen to keep a defense honest?
    now thats completely inccorrect. they have had a trash line for years now. the past several years they have had one of the worst lines in the league. saying they have top 5 line is insane

    last season pff had them ranked at 29.

    https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensi...regular-season

    the year before that they had them ranked at 29 again

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nf...-after-week-17

    the year before that they had them rated a bit higher but 24 is still not a top 5 line

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-2018-nf...-after-week-17

    in 2016 they had to be top 5 then no they where 31

    https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking...es-this-season

    when did he run behind a top 5 line?
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-25-2020 at 08:29 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •