Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod48 View Post
    The entire blurb about the Broncos off season moves is positive, and yet, this fool has us going from 18 to 25. Only SEVEN teams ranked worse. Somebody please help me understand what the thought process is here.

I believe the Broncos will be a better team in 2020 than the team was in 2019, they will do better than the 18th position! However, there is still a major need to be concern about, the offensive line (Ghost line). We signed Glasgow to replace Leary, hopefully that would be an improvement over the injured Leary, we will evaluate later. We let McGregor go, I don't know if that was a beneficial move or not. We still have a major "discrepancy" at the offensive tackle positions. I am anxious to see what the draft will bring to repair this anemic ( and ghost like) offensive line.

The Broncos have always had a good defense. But, if the offense consistent plays are three and out - it will tire a defense, no matter how good they are. I have read arguments on both sides as to wether we have or have not improve our defense. We signed a pro bowl tackle, but we let go of a pro bowl cornerback. So far those have been the major moves on the defense. So, I am sitting on the fence on this one.

Drew Lock demonstrated he has the skills to be an excellent QB. Perhaps, the Broncos QB of the future. He is young and unexperienced but he has shown he could learn about the game very fast. The only concern I have about Lock is that he has shown traits of "cockiness" , which is a sign of immaturity...
    The Denver Broncos have never gotten objective evaluations from sports reporters, commentators and analysts. Much of this emanates from the East Coast. It is also reflected in lack of recognition in awards, especially the HOF. The entire NFL reporting/analyzing establishment doesn't know as much about the team as the community of Bronco fans. So, we should rely more on our own conversations rather than be distracted by power rankings and other silly attempts by the sports media to seem analytical and relevant. They are in the entertainment business, not serious, objective analysis. To me it's good when they tend to forget or ignore the Broncos, because when they don't most of them embarrass themselves by their ignorance. There are a few decent observers, but far too many dilettantes.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    So, we should rely more on our own conversations rather than be distracted by power rankings and other silly attempts by the sports media to seem analytical and relevant. They are in the entertainment business, not serious, objective analysis.
    Very well stated, spot on! We must ignore these "phony pundits".
    Utah Bronco Freak