Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,026

    Quick Mock, different prospective;

    Letís just say we are done adding players prior to the draft. Also letís say Elway swings and misses on trading up for his coveted WR and stays put at 15. Hereís what a draft might look like.

    1. (15) DT Javon Kinlaw (SC)
    Been doing some research on this kid and wow, I never realized how good he actually is. Heís got the size and strength to be a Malik Jackson type player down low. Him, Casey, Purcell, and Jones will make for an awesome rotation on the d-line, which in turn will let Miller and Chubb thrive.

    2. (46) WR Laviska Shenault (Colo)
    With his injury history he will drop a tad. I think this is about the ideal spot for him. Nobody is better with the ball in his hands and he will add another explosive element to our offense.

    3. (77) C Tyler Biadasz (Wisc)
    So we donít know what weíre doing with Glasgow yet. He can play Center or Right Guard and do both well. By drafting this kid we add more depth and versatility to our interior line.

    3. (83) S Jeremy Chinn (So. Ill)
    We need to replace Will Parks and this guy is it. Great athleticism and ball skills. Can fill that role in dime and cover TEs when needed.

    3. (95) OT Jack Driscoll (Auburn)
    Hereís our swing tackle. This kid is under talented and offers great versatility. Plenty of experience in SEC so heís faced the best for 4 years.

    4. LB Logan Wilson (Wyoming)
    5. WR Lynn Bowden Jr (Ky)
    6. OLB Kenny Willekes (Mich St)
    7. CB Lavert Hill (Mich)
    7. QB Cole McDonald (Hawaii)

    There ya go!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,178
    I could get on board with this . I do believe there will be a difference maker @15

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,499
    Javon Kinlaw at #15 would be pretty ggod.

    Laviska Shenault will probably be there at #46 and he would be good IMO.

    Tyler Biadasz would probably be there at #77 and might be able to win a starting spot on the 2020 O-Line, and might be a future starter.

    IDK if Jeremy Chinn will still be there at #83, but if he was that'd be a great pick IMO.

    #95 seems quite high for Jack Driscoll. Prince Tega Wanogho might still be available along with other better prospects.

    If Logan Wilson was still there at #118, I'd be surprised and get the pick in ASAP.

    Kind of doubt if Lynn Bowden would still be there at #178, but if he was that would be a good pick IMO.

    I think Kenny Willekes is more of a down split front DE than an OLB and might not fit Denver's D well, but he's a guy who might still be around at #181.

    Lavert Hill might be there in the 7th round. Not sure which 7th round pick was traded for Casey.

    Cole McDonald might even be available as an UDFA. If you want a QB with the last pick, Steven Montez might be there.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,525
    Keep Cole off denver he has a noodle arm and bad mechanics

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,335
    If a QB is selected, I like the potential of K. Tate , Arizona.

    Young man has a strong arm and ability to run. As a QB a little too prone to run is his biggest weakness.

    Could be an interesting prospect to develop as a hybrid change of pace QB but as a solid backup too. Decision making can be coached, athleticism canít.

    Overall it is another solid mock I would be happy with. Just find it intriguing how many mocks can work filling in the roster. Especially when considering how different they evolve depending on who is available with that that first couple picks.

    Not sure if it is due to the quality of the players (especially the first 6 picks) or the desperation to fill a mediocre talent roster.
    Last edited by FR Tim; 03-27-2020 at 10:12 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,525
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    If a QB is selected, I like the potential of K. Tate , Arizona.

    Young man has a strong arm and ability to run. As a QB a little too prone to run is his biggest weakness.

    Could be an interesting prospect to develop as a hybrid change of pace QB but as a solid backup too. Decision making can be coached, athleticism canít.
    The question I would have with him is his decision making. He would be a good late round guy to look into. Worst case he can move to rb or wr in the nfl.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    The question I would have with him is his decision making. He would be a good late round guy to look into. Worst case he can move to rb or wr in the nfl.
    I agree. Just think his athletic ability could be used in Wild Cat type change of pace sequences. More then likely he is running but he has a fairly accurate and strong arm.

    Have not heard how adamant he is to remain a QB or how willing he is to switch to WR.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,504
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    If a QB is selected, I like the potential of K. Tate , Arizona.

    Young man has a strong arm and ability to run. As a QB a little too prone to run is his biggest weakness.

    Could be an interesting prospect to develop as a hybrid change of pace QB but as a solid backup too. Decision making can be coached, athleticism canít.

    Overall it is another solid mock I would be happy with. Just find it intriguing how many mocks can work filling in the roster. Especially when considering how different they evolve depending on who is available with that that first couple picks.

    Not sure if it is due to the quality of the players (especially the first 6 picks) or the desperation to fill a mediocre talent roster.
    Iíd love Tate on the back end of the draft. He definitely needs a lot of coaching and development but if Lock goes down there is an read option based offense that has proven that you can remain competitive and not lose much if any ground in the standings. Iíd feel a lot better with Tate coming in than Driskel even if they are similar style QBs.

    And of course thereís the added versatility of potential snaps at WR or RB with the added threat of a potential pass coming from him no matter where heís lined up. Imagine a bubble screen to Driskel, lateral to Tate who hits Lock streaking free down the sideline or a double reverse pass. Alas while thatís fun to imagine it probably wouldnít be practical in a game although I do think the bubble screen/lateral would work because Tate is such a threat with the ball in his hands to key in on. Probably couldnít do it with 3 QBs on the field though.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    362
    If there are any surprise moves in the first 14 picks there will be somebody perhaps more tempting than Kinlaw. What if a great tackle or guard were there? Or one of the top three recievers? I'd be fine with your list as it stands except that good used quarterbacks will be on every street corner this year so I wouldn't spend any picks on those guys. I'd still like a tight end who can block.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by welderhead View Post
    If there are any surprise moves in the first 14 picks there will be somebody perhaps more tempting than Kinlaw. What if a great tackle or guard were there? Or one of the top three recievers? I'd be fine with your list as it stands except that good used quarterbacks will be on every street corner this year so I wouldn't spend any picks on those guys. I'd still like a tight end who can block.
    That is why Vannett was brought in. To the post.....as much as I want Ruggs.......I could live with every single pick in this mock.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,768
    Does anybody see Shenault as the same player as Will Fuller?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Does anybody see Shenault as the same player as Will Fuller?
    Not in my opinion. Shenault is a much bigger and more physical player. Seen comparisons to SWatkins for what that is worth. IMO more of a RB with WR skills. Partly influenced by the way he was used with sweeps and direct snaps.

    Shenault is a really talented young man that would be an exciting addition to the offense. It would depend on how he was used though. More of a bull in a china shop then polished route runner. But dynamic with the ball in his hands and healthy.

    Fuller is more the typical WR and much less physical with the ball. Also like 30 lbs less muscled.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    916
    My ideal would be Ruggs in the first, Shenault in the second.....that gives juice for the offense, then in the third.....Hennesay, Peart/Niang and then the best corner on the board.

    4rth go ILB
    5th DT depth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,985
    Love the effort with this mock. I would feel pretty good about this draft. I think everyone has different opinions on the 2nd round WRs, but I personally would not take Shenault Jr. due to his injury history combined with his RB play style. But he is undoubtedly a playmaker and if he can stay healthy and practice on getting better separation through his route-running, he has a ton of potential.

    My only concern with this mock is taking a CB so late. Lavert Hill is not starting on the outside for our defense on Day 1. Unless we have faith in Bausby, Harris, or Yiadom, we do not have a starting-caliber outside CB opposite of Bouye for 2020. I would like to see Amukamara signed on a 1-year, $5 million deal as a stop-gap solution. My preference is drafting a CB within the first two rounds (or pray that Bryce Hall or Cam Dantzler falls to us in the 3rd round). I honestly would not be mad with Kristian Fulton at #15.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Love the effort with this mock. I would feel pretty good about this draft. I think everyone has different opinions on the 2nd round WRs, but I personally would not take Shenault Jr. due to his injury history combined with his RB play style. But he is undoubtedly a playmaker and if he can stay healthy and practice on getting better separation through his route-running, he has a ton of potential.

    My only concern with this mock is taking a CB so late. Lavert Hill is not starting on the outside for our defense on Day 1. Unless we have faith in Bausby, Harris, or Yiadom, we do not have a starting-caliber outside CB opposite of Bouye for 2020. I would like to see Amukamara signed on a 1-year, $5 million deal as a stop-gap solution. My preference is drafting a CB within the first two rounds (or pray that Bryce Hall or Cam Dantzler falls to us in the 3rd round). I honestly would not be mad with Kristian Fulton at #15.
    What about CJ Henderson at 15? There's a chance he'll be there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •