Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kenneth Murray

Kenneth Murray

Am I the only person on the Murray train at #15?

Kenneth Murray > Isaiah Simmons (taking into account what it would take to move up for Simmons)

We haven't had a real presence at Mike since... DJ Williams? (and Al Wilson before him)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post

Kenneth Murray > Isaiah Simmons (taking into account what it would take to move up for Simmons)

We haven't had a real presence at Mike since... DJ Williams? (and Al Wilson before him)
    I like him, but i would take Andrew Thomas, Jeudy , Lamb or CJ Henderson before him.
    I would take him in the second round if he fell.

We almost took Bush last year at 10 I believe. The odds of ILB at 15 might be better then anyone wants to believe. I've seen mocks with LSU's Queen drafted at 15 and Murray later in the round.

Quote Originally Posted by jflee66 View Post
    We almost took Bush last year at 10 I believe. The odds of ILB at 15 might be better then anyone wants to believe. I've seen mocks with LSU's Queen drafted at 15 and Murray later in the round.
    That was also before the emergence of AJ, Im pretty sure he changes things now in that department

right now i just don't see anything special in murray. i don't think he will be a difference maker and we can get a guy with a simular skill set in the fourth named Logan Wilson. i just don't see why we should force an ILB in the first when there will probably be better prospects available

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I wasn't until after we traded for Casey.....now I think a rangy LB like Murray or Queen would excel in our Defense.

Zach Baun is another outstanding LB and one that hasn't played the position for all that long.

Would love to use that 15 to trade back slightly and get one of these LBs. I don't think 15 is overdrafting one, but I do think it could be a wasted opportunity for a trade down

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    right now i just don't see anything special in murray. i don't think he will be a difference maker and we can get a guy with a simular skill set in the fourth named Logan Wilson. i just don't see why we should force an ILB in the first when there will probably be better prospects available
    Logan Wilson, mannnn... He isnt even in the same universe as Murray...

Wilson Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8-mcHkJf0

Murray Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djxduq3bKp0

I sure hope you are the only person on that train. The reason Simmons is so attractive is because of his versatility, athleticism, and instincts. He is always in the right place at the right time. Special athlete. Murray not so much. I don't see anything in Murray that would be a significant upgrade to the guys we have. He gets caught up in the wash, takes poor angles, over runs plays, isn't very good in man to man coverage, and anchored a TERRIBLE defense last year. He needs to be kept clean and should play on the weak side in a 4-3. He will make the tackles if he is kept clean, otherwise you have issues. I think he is a horrible fit for our D and would not want him at any point in the first round. I have watched it myself, check out the Kansas State game where he was EXPOSED. The same play multiple times. If you doubt my opinion feel free to read most of the draft profiles online.

Runs like a safety in open space, but doesn't cover like one. Absolutely chiseled frame. Excellent athlete with significant technique and instinct issues. If you have a 4-3, with significant size up front, he is your man. I think Murray can be an above average ILB in the NFL in the right situation. I just don't think he fits our team. I don't want to draft him and HOPE that Fangio can coach it out of him. I do think there is potential that someone can coach him up and leverage his athleticism but that is a risk I would rather not take.

Logan Wilson, mannnn... He isnt even in the same universe as Murray...

Wilson Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp8-mcHkJf0

Murray Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djxduq3bKp0
    that is 1 game where Murray team has a huge talent advantage vs a houston team. while Wilson doesn't really have the piece around him. i did not see anything special and i wouldn't touch him at 15.

he lacks coverage skills to be an elite player at this point. he will take some time to adjust.

but seriously those videos just seem to want to make a point. i don't see how comparing Murray in a Ok vs Houston game a team a that went 8-5 and didn't beat a power 5 school the whole year.

while you look at Wilson game you choice he was against a better team San Diego State went 10-2 while Wyo was 8 and 5. i don't see how this is a fair comparison. you put Murray in the game against team they should be significantly more talented then. they should have better piece at all spots including the D-line which makes stuff for a LB alot easier. while When you look at Wilson he was against a team with Arguble more talent then them. those videos don't matter.

i can see what i saw from Murray during the Baylor game. and he didn't catrch my eye at all. nor did he look like some i would draft. i mean the OK defense looked good but they had a good D-line better then like houston o-line. go find better videos not one obviously to make your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGJqa7OSQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLd4H4glLec

we can do these 2.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-27-2020 at 05:42 PM.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    that is 1 game where Murray team has a huge talent advantage vs a houston team. while Wilson doesn't really have the piece around him. i did not see anything special and i wouldn't touch him at 15.

he lacks coverage skills to be an elite player at this point. he will take some time to adjust.

but seriously those videos just seem to want to make a point. i don't see how comparing Murray in a Ok vs Houston game a team a that went 8-5 and didn't beat a power 5 school the whole year.

while you look at Wilson game you choice he was against a better team San Diego State went 10-2 while Wyo was 8 and 5. i don't see how this is a fair comparison. you put Murray in the game against team they should be significantly more talented then. they should have better piece at all spots including the D-line which makes stuff for a LB alot easier. while When you look at Wilson he was against a team with Arguble more talent then them. those videos don't matter.

i can see what i saw from Murray during the Baylor game. and he didn't catrch my eye at all. nor did he look like some i would draft. i mean the OK defense looked good but they had a good D-line better then like houston o-line. go find better videos not one obviously to make your point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dGJqa7OSQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLd4H4glLec

we can do these 2.
    If you are pushing for a guy like Wilson, I'd expect him to pop off the screen against any Mountain West team. He doesn't pop. He is Josey Jewell -1.0.

If you are pushing for a guy like Wilson, I'd expect him to pop off the screen against any Mountain West team. He doesn't pop. He is Josey Jewell -1.0.
    Wilson is faster and more athletic than Josey Jewel. But he has similar instincts. There is a big difference at ILB between a guy that runs a 4.6 and one that runs a 4.8. Jewel is just not quite athletic enough.

If you want to watch some fun tape, watch Murray against K State. That is some really good stuff.

I am not a fan of taking an ILB early but I like Wilson. If he falls to the 4th I would love the pick.

C-mon, Alexander Johnson is a pretty intimidating piece in the center.

Anyway Joe Jones re-signed and Todd Davis was extended with Jewell and Johnson already on the team, I donít see Murray as an immediate need.

At least the actions of the broncos free agency is not telling us this! Iím expecting a Tackle, Center, Guard or WR in the first now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    C-mon, Alexander Johnson is a pretty intimidating piece in the center.

Anyway Joe Jones re-signed and Todd Davis was extended with Jewell and Johnson already on the team, I don’t see Murray as an immediate need.

At least the actions of the broncos free agency is not telling us this! I’m expecting a Tackle, Center, Guard or WR in the first now!
    SAdily i don't think there are any interior linemen worth a first round pick in this draft.

right now i think we need one of the top 4 OT- Ruggs or Kinlaw in the first

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Wilson is faster and more athletic than Josey Jewel. But he has similar instincts. There is a big difference at ILB between a guy that runs a 4.6 and one that runs a 4.8. Jewel is just not quite athletic enough.

If you want to watch some fun tape, watch Murray against K State. That is some really good stuff.

I am not a fan of taking an ILB early but I like Wilson. If he falls to the 4th I would love the pick.
    Iíd love a Logan Wilson pick up especially if they give him the number 56, I could resurrect my Al Wilson jersey.

i also have major issues using a first round pick on a Lber that struggles with coverage with how much we need help against guys like Kelse and Hunter.

oakland raders gm