Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Awesome for Denver... love this...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Welcome back Shelby !!! 😀

Very good short-term deal. Harris was building his resume, just not enough to increase his market. If he plays as well or better than last season his market should improve. Hopefully this allows the draft to focus on CB or ILB.

Imo, Denver's D-line is in a better situation now than what they were last year. Substitute Casey for Wolfe and that is a definite upgrade. The defense needs another corner and another ILB but other than that they are ready to roll!! I think we are going to see an offensive heavy draft

Before FA I heard teams might be a little gun shy on Shelby, because he had a career year in Fangios system. Was it the Fangio scheme, or Harris talent? I didn't think it would lead to this, but their loss is our gain.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Solid player, overvalued himself, and a nice reality check that helps our team in the short-term, good.
    How did he "overvalue" himself and what "reality check"? He became a free agent and tested the market, no spin needed. I did read that he wanted to return to the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Imo, Denver's D-line is in a better situation now than what they were last year. Substitute Casey for Wolfe and that is a definite upgrade. The defense needs another corner and another ILB but other than that they are ready to roll!! I think we are going to see an offensive heavy draft
    This team is shaping up really nicely. We will def be a sleeping team. We essentially have two question left before the season: Do we fill the remaining holes in the draft? And Is Lock going to step his game up from last year? If yes to both we are going to be a very good team no one is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    How did he "overvalue" himself and what "reality check"? He became a free agent and tested the market, no spin needed. I did read that he wanted to return to the Broncos.
    He overvalued himself by asking for 10-12m per year. His reality check came when no team wanted to pay him anywhere near that and he received only 1-year offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    He overvalued himself by asking for 10-12m per year. His reality check came when no team wanted to pay him anywhere near that and he received only 1-year offers.
    So your negotiation skills are to start your asking price at the lowest you'll take? If so, an agent career probably isn't in your future. Or COVID couldn't possibly change the situation or asking price? Maybe in uncertain times he wanted security and didn't want to hold out longer for a better offer? The proof he did NOT overvalue his worth is that he signed a contract. I personally think he was being "hopeful" and not overvaluing his worth. Big difference.

Before FA I remember someone made a passing comment about Shelby and his market. It was teams were going to cautious in paying big money to a guy who had a career year in Fangio's system. They didn't want to overpay for a guy who shined his brightest in that system, and he wouldn't be the same in their system. That coupled with his contract year bump, it all kind of adds up now. His biggest killer was the Buckner trade, I think he was banking on the Colts. He's a good player that if he has another strong season he will be paid handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    This brings a smile to my face. ..........our front 7 is starting to look pretty talented now. I wonder if the virus has any influence on ANY free agency moves. People don't want to move right now
    Itís definitely having an effect. Brockers deal with the Ravens fell through because they couldnít check out his ankle.

Glad to see him returning to the Broncos. A quality ILB in the draft and this is a really solid front seven, at least on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious, but anyway, see other response quoted below

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Also, Harris said this before free agency "“They have their way of doing things. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. If they would have definitely came with a legit offer before the season or early in the season, I definitely would have been listening.” He also was quoted saying "this is all about money right now, I'm 28 years old", in response to being asked about taking a home town discount. Also stated that he "hopes the Broncos can make a market value offer".