Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shelby Harris

Any word on who he's negotiating with? Are we (the Broncos) talking to him? I went back and watched 6 games from last year on GamePass, which if you haven't seen Johnlimburg's post yet, it's free right now, and Harris was a difference maker. He was a beast when they moved him to end. Anyway, just curious if we are making any efforts to keep him.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

There is an old article stating that the Colts were interested in him back at the combine: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...anapolis-colts

Since then I've read a few saying that we've been cautious so far in FA and missed the one guy (Reader) that we were willing to go hard after, so keeping one if not both of Wolfe/Harris may not be out of the question. Also, just a tidbit, Wolfe posted on Twitter to correct someone who was interpreting one of his tweets as a 'goodbye' to the team. So...IDK. Seems like Harris will want big money and IDK if the Broncos want to pay it. Also seems like Wolfe thinks there's a chance that he's the one who stays instead of Harris if Harris moves on for a payday. I would imagine that the Broncos are talking to the agents right now to see what it would take to keep either of them.

Unless we make any big FA signings, bringing back Wolfe or Harris represents a possible loss of draft capital next year. CHJ will offset Glasgow most likely, but McGovern, Harris, and Wolfe all represent possible comp picks at this point. These could be 4th to 6th round pick (ea). 9M AAV was worthy of a 4th round comp pick this year (just one of the factors).

Just part of the equastion when deciding on bringing a guy back.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

not sure how the Casey trade and Purcell deal effects Harris' future here w the Broncos ...........but I'd love to see him stick around if possible.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    not sure how the Casey trade and Purcell deal effects Harris' future here w the Broncos ...........but I'd love to see him stick around if possible.
    Being that Pucell and Casey are tackles and Harris is a DE, I don't think it will affect his position. Problem is, can Denver afford him? I don't think so. If anything, I think Wolfe re-signs. Wolfe's injury history will hurt his value. I think he re-signs with Denver on a two year deal and retires.
    Last edited by ArchAngel; 03-18-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Think Casey played DE in the Titans odd man front, was 3 tch back when they were even front.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Being that Pucell and Casey are tackles and Harris is a DE, I don't think it will affect his position. Problem is, can Denver afford him? I don't think so. If anything, I think Wolfe re-signs. Wolfe's injury history will hurt his value. I think he re-signs with Denver on a two year deal and retires.
    As crazy as it sounds considering we are only a few hours into the actual start of free agency (6 hours 37 minutes), we are basically finished with the first round, and Harris hasn't signed anywhere. I'm wondering if trades and the strong DL draft class aren't hurting his leverage. We'll see. I hope he comes back, His ability to block passes at the line of scrimmage can't be overstated.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Shelby Harris Re-Signs

Brandon Krisztal
    @BKDenverSports

"Per an NFL Source: Broncos Free Agent Defensive Lineman Shelby Harris is set to come back to Denver on a 1-yr deal thatís guaranteed $2 Million with a max value of $3.25. Last year he posted a career high 6 sacks and led the NFL in passes knocked down by D-Linemen."

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Brandon Krisztal
    @BKDenverSports

"Per an NFL Source: Broncos Free Agent Defensive Lineman Shelby Harris is set to come back to Denver on a 1-yr deal that’s guaranteed $2 Million with a max value of $3.25. Last year he posted a career high 6 sacks and led the NFL in passes knocked down by D-Linemen."
    Is this confirmed? Seems awfully good for us if true, but I thought Harris was going to land a big contract elsewhere.

Is Flaccos cap hit against us next year big cause we could use that money to sign him to a long term deal if he plays well again this year

This brings a smile to my face. ..........our front 7 is starting to look pretty talented now. I wonder if the virus has any influence on ANY free agency moves. People don't want to move right now
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Hope it's true, but I do not see confirmation from the usual suspects. Could be one of those safe to say situations, and just waiting for sign off.

Awesome! Good for the Broncos. I feel we allowed him to test the market and yet ended up with a heck of a player at a heck of a bargain.

^^^^^^Awwww....now I got a source (Legwold). ALL GOOD!!! (sorry for my initial comment!)

Yes, that means our Dline is shaping up!!! One less gap for The Draft. We got enough picks to take care of business.

Solid player, overvalued himself, and a nice reality check that helps our team in the short-term, good.