Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    There is no way IMO that any of the 3 receivers make it to 15. So the options are -

Use 1 or 2 of our thirds to trade up, any of the 3 would be great. I don't think it really matters which one we end up with.

Take Jefferson, 4th best receiver. This would be a little too high for him.

Trade down. I'm not a fan, we have plenty of picks and we need to add some major talent.

Go BPA on OT, DT, or LB (Murray / Queen)
    That's not true I feel one of jeudy or ruggs is available to us at 15 in alot of mocks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    That's not true I feel one of jeudy or ruggs is available to us at 15 in alot of mocks
    I could be wrong, but IMO they are far too talented to last to pick 15.

I could see the Jets, 49'ers, Jags, Miami, Arizona, and Raiders possibly going WR. Jeudy IMO is easily a top 10 pick. One of the other 2 'could' drop to 15 but I just can't see it. Lamb is too talented to slide past those teams and Ruggs stock is rising all the time.

I could be wrong, but IMO they are far too talented to last to pick 15.

I could see the Jets, 49'ers, Jags, Miami, Arizona, and Raiders possibly going WR. Jeudy IMO is easily a top 10 pick. One of the other 2 'could' drop to 15 but I just can't see it. Lamb is too talented to slide past those teams and Ruggs stock is rising all the time.
    Miami should go QB and if Arizona goes WR they are mentally challenged and should be a sign that Kiem needs to go. they have Hopkins isabella and Kirk which end up being one of the top Cores in the league. they don't need a WR expecially a high WR. they need to protect Kyler. Arizona has had one of the worst Olines with a rookie QB. now he can move but they still need to invest in keeping him safe, and if they don't go OT they should go Defense cause all they have there is Chandler Jones and Patrick Peterson. every other position can be upgraded.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Barring any trades, I feel like our draft depends on what NYJ does at #11. If they go OT, one of the Top 3 WRs will fall to us. If they go WR, itís highly unlikely that any of the Top 3 WRs are available at #15. I am already convinced that LV and SF will take a WR ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Barring any trades, I feel like our draft depends on what NYJ does at #11. If they go OT, one of the Top 3 WRs will fall to us. If they go WR, it’s highly unlikely that any of the Top 3 WRs are available at #15. I am already convinced that LV and SF will take a WR ahead of us.
    i feel like LV may be a question mark. they could be going for a QB if one they like is open. other wise i feel they will go Lamb if he is there.

oakland raders gm

Miami should go QB and if Arizona goes WR they are mentally challenged and should be a sign that Kiem needs to go. they have Hopkins isabella and Kirk which end up being one of the top Cores in the league. they don't need a WR expecially a high WR. they need to protect Kyler. Arizona has had one of the worst Olines with a rookie QB. now he can move but they still need to invest in keeping him safe, and if they don't go OT they should go Defense cause all they have there is Chandler Jones and Patrick Peterson. every other position can be upgraded.
    Miami probably will go QB.

Arizona doesn't have a 'bad' OL. I think they are happy enough with Marcus Gilbert on the right and DJ Humphries stayed healthy last year at LT and played well enough for the Cards to give him a new 3 year contract with 29 guaranteed (and at 15 a year is the 3rd highest paid LT in the league). That means to me they like him at LT. They could grab some OL depth but not in round 1. Kyler Murray was also responsible for a good number of the sacks they gave up last year as well.

Saying that I think the Cards will choose the best D player left on the board, probably someone like Kinlaw, Brown, Queen, etc...........

I guess SF, LAS V, and the Jets are the 3 teams most likely to go WR.... as well as any team trading up above us.

As I say I could be wrong, I just think the 3 receivers are too good to drop to 15. The only one who has a small chance IMO is Lamb.

The Raiders should stick with Carr. He isn't bad, and had a statistically strong year last season. Between him and Mariota there won't be enough reps for a 1st round pick QB. They are for sure going for a WR, and that WR is likely Ruggs, who I think would help us the most. On top of that, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers all pick before us and need WR. So we may have to settle for the 4th or 5th best WR, which would be Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Barring any trades, I feel like our draft depends on what NYJ does at #11. If they go OT, one of the Top 3 WRs will fall to us. If they go WR, it’s highly unlikely that any of the Top 3 WRs are available at #15. I am already convinced that LV and SF will take a WR ahead of us.
    Yea good call, the Jets could easily go OT. I just think that with a young QB you need to give him targets, espeically with Bell taking some attention away from the D's. After losing Anderson they are pretty thin at receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The Raiders should stick with Carr. He isn't bad, and had a statistically strong year last season. Between him and Mariota there won't be enough reps for a 1st round pick QB. They are for sure going for a WR, and that WR is likely Ruggs, who I think would help us the most. On top of that, Jags, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers all pick before us and need WR. So we may have to settle for the 4th or 5th best WR, which would be Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins.
    Yea I see them going for Ruggs, he is the type of exciting pick a 'new' team needs.

Also I think Burrow, Tua, and Herbert will be gone and just don't see any value at QB (I am really not a love fan)

Miami probably will go QB.

Arizona doesn't have a 'bad' OL. I think they are happy enough with Marcus Gilbert on the right and DJ Humphries stayed healthy last year at LT and played well enough for the Cards to give him a new 3 year contract with 29 guaranteed (and at 15 a year is the 3rd highest paid LT in the league). That means to me they like him at LT. They could grab some OL depth but not in round 1. Kyler Murray was also responsible for a good number of the sacks they gave up last year as well.

Saying that I think the Cards will choose the best D player left on the board, probably someone like Kinlaw, Brown, Queen, etc...........

I guess SF, LAS V, and the Jets are the 3 teams most likely to go WR.... as well as any team trading up above us.

As I say I could be wrong, I just think the 3 receivers are too good to drop to 15. The only one who has a small chance IMO is Lamb.
    Gilbert is 32 on the end of his career and he was not effective last season. not to mention he had injury issues last season. that oline was really bad i watched quite a bit of the game from Arizona taking murray was my fantasy QB last season and it was definitely bad in my opinion

oakland raders gm

i feel like LV may be a question mark. they could be going for a QB if one they like is open. other wise i feel they will go Lamb if he is there.
    After picking Ferrell last year at #4, who knows what Mayock and Gruden will do. WR and CB are the more pressing needs according to a lot of Raiders fans. For the sake of our division, I hope they fall in love with Jordan Love and make him battle it out with Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota .

Yea good call, the Jets could easily go OT. I just think that with a young QB you need to give him targets, espeically with Bell taking some attention away from the D's. After losing Anderson they are pretty thin at receiver.
    They 100% need a WR especially with Robby Anderson gone. I like to peruse other teamsí message boards and subreddits to get a general feel of their needs, and NYJ fans are leaning more towards the likes of Jedrick Wills Jr. or Andrew Thomas at #11. I think they prefer grabbing a receiver in the 2nd round or even trading down from their spot. My take on NYJ is that if they donít feel like the remaining OTs on the board fit their scheme, they will take a WR. My guess? Jerry Jeudy.

Gilbert is 32 on the end of his career and he was not effective last season. not to mention he had injury issues last season. that oline was really bad i watched quite a bit of the game from Arizona taking murray was my fantasy QB last season and it was definitely bad in my opinion
    Arizona line is terrible against the run but actually not bad against the pass. Murray was at fault for more sacks than any QB in football. He needs to learn to get rid of the football.

That being said, I would not be surprised to see them go OL. There line is not great

I think it is more likely they go D

After picking Ferrell last year at #4, who knows what Mayock and Gruden will do. WR and CB are the more pressing needs according to a lot of Raiders fans. For the sake of our division, I hope they fall in love with Jordan Love and make him battle it out with Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota .

They 100% need a WR especially with Robby Anderson gone. I like to peruse other teams’ message boards and subreddits to get a general feel of their needs, and NYJ fans are leaning more towards the likes of Jedrick Wills Jr. or Andrew Thomas at #11. I think they prefer grabbing a receiver in the 2nd round or even trading down from their spot. My take on NYJ is that if they don’t feel like the remaining OTs on the board fit their scheme, they will take a WR. My guess? Jerry Jeudy.
    they also need to protect Darnold. i don't think any thing hurts a qB like having to much pressure. he was already seeing Ghosts and it has ruined QB careers already. they need help at almost every position and have a bunch of back up and bad players on there line. they need more then just a WR

the other thing this draft is super top strong and like very deep with elite prospects. so normally i feel we would not be able to get as good of a player as we will this draft. plus it strengths fit our needs really well. in it is strong in WR and OT
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 04-01-2020 at 10:43 PM.

oakland raders gm

they also need to protect Darnold. i don't think any thing hurts a qB like having to much pressure. he was already seeing Ghosts and it has ruined QB careers already. they need help at almost every position and have a bunch of back up and bad players on there line. they need more then just a WR

the other thing this draft is super top strong and like very deep with elite prospects. so normally i feel we would not be able to get as good of a player as we will this draft. plus it strengths fit our needs really well. in it is strong in WR and OT
    I agree. They would be wise to go OT early. They must protect Darnold before it is too late, unlike Indy with Andrew Luck. Besides signing Connor McGovern, I feel like NYJ did not do anything to significantly improve their OL. They signed a bunch of underwhelming borderline startersó very reminiscent of Elway with Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson (shudders).

And I agree with you on your assessment of this yearís draft class as well. Doing countless simulations over at TDN, I feel like the first 3 rounds are where we need to take advantage of the top talents at WR and OT. I would prefer taking a WR in the first two rounds and a developmental, athletic OT like Matthew Peart in the 3rd round. I do feel like the overall talent in this draft takes a nosedive after the early 4th round, though.

I agree. They would be wise to go OT early. They must protect Darnold before it is too late, unlike Indy with Andrew Luck. Besides signing Connor McGovern, I feel like NYJ did not do anything to significantly improve their OL. They signed a bunch of underwhelming borderline starters— very reminiscent of Elway with Donald Stephenson and Menelik Watson (shudders).

And I agree with you on your assessment of this year’s draft class as well. Doing countless simulations over at TDN, I feel like the first 3 rounds are where we need to take advantage of the top talents at WR and OT. I would prefer taking a WR in the first two rounds and a developmental, athletic OT like Matthew Peart in the 3rd round. I do feel like the overall talent in this draft takes a nosedive after the early 4th round, though.
    i would like a guy lkike Bowden in the 4th but he may end up being a 3rd round i think if we got ruggs and Bowden we are really strong at WR.

oakland raders gm