Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    5 of his seven seasons he has had over 1k yards. 3 seasons he has had 10 tds receiving while doing this mainly with terrible QB play. if that is not elite i don't know what is. he is top 3 WR in this league along with Julio and Michael Thomas.out side those 2 i don't think i would take a WR in this league over Hopkins.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    My apologies. Did not realize it was specific to 1st rd. Not sure any of the expected CBs "fit" at #15.

Just a feeling, but I'm not seeing a CB in the first. Thinking more OT, WR (incl Jefferson, conversations today opened me to the possibility), LB or Kinlaw.

IMO too many prospect options ahead of a CB in the first. Unless Okudah drops.
    There are a couple of CBs that could worth the 15 pick, CJ Henderson comes to mind. Although that could seem like reaching with the opportunity to get a highly talented receiver or linebacker. There could be another scenario where Elway decides to trade down to gain the ability to get a talented WR such as Jefferson or Higgins and a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There are a couple of CBs that could worth the 15 pick, CJ Henderson comes to mind. Although that could seem like reaching with the opportunity to get a highly talented receiver or linebacker. There could be another scenario where Elway decides to trade down to gain the ability to get a talented WR such as Jefferson or Higgins and a CB.
    the problem with a guy like Henderson. is i don't fit what Fangio wants in his DBs. tackling is not a option for a CB. it is a must. if they don't tackle or shy away from contact as Henderson tends to do Fangio wont use them.

oakland raders gm

Former NFL DB Eric Crocker (@eric_crocker) is doing a film thread on Bryce Hall right now. Great stuff. The tape confirms a lot of the necessary traits that Hall possesses to excel in Fangio’s defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    the problem with a guy like Henderson. is i don't fit what Fangio wants in his DBs. tackling is not a option for a CB. it is a must. if they don't tackle or shy away from contact as Henderson tends to do Fangio wont use them.
    It’s easy to focus on one weakness of a prospect. If we broke down every player based on the weaknesses teams could pass on nearly every player. Fangio also likes versatility and Henderson excels from the slot and outside. He has exceptional ability to read the zone, anticipate and close on the ball. If you’ve watched him play he’s also made some really good tackles. Tackling can be coached. He has great natural ability and cover skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    It’s easy to focus on one weakness of a prospect. If we broke down every player based on the weaknesses teams could pass on nearly every player. Fangio also likes versatility and Henderson excels from the slot and outside. He has exceptional ability to read the zone, anticipate and close on the ball. If you’ve watched him play he’s also made some really good tackles. Tackling can be coached. He has great natural ability and cover skills.
    tackling can be coached and he has the best cover Traits of any corner in this draft. i just don't think Fangio would go for a CB that wont tackle. and tends to avoid contact when possible. i guess parts of it i love Hall in the third. i think Hall is a starting caliber CB in the league and would be an absolute steal there. also Fangio doesn't tend to take CBs high.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    tackling can be coached and he has the best cover Traits of any corner in this draft. i just don't think Fangio would go for a CB that wont tackle. and tends to avoid contact when possible. i guess parts of it i love Hall in the third. i think Hall is a starting caliber CB in the league and would be an absolute steal there. also Fangio doesn't tend to take CBs high.
    I agree with you on his cover skills. No one better. I think poor tackling technique can be coached up. With Henderson it might be willingness to engage also, which is a bigger concern. I don’t know for sure though.

For example, I think Delpit has all the skills and willingness to become a reliable tackler but if a guy doesn’t want to engage it can be a bigger problem.

I have not studied Henderson enough to know which applies, but even with that weakness he is a sure fire first rounder. I think he has good potential to be a perennial pro bowler

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    I agree with you on his cover skills. No one better. I think poor tackling technique can be coached up. With Henderson it might be willingness to engage also, which is a bigger concern. I don’t know for sure though.

For example, I think Delpit has all the skills and willingness to become a reliable tackler but if a guy doesn’t want to engage it can be a bigger problem.

I have not studied Henderson enough to know which applies, but even with that weakness he is a sure fire first rounder. I think he has good potential to be a perennial pro bowler
    I believe a big issue for delpit was he was playing through an injury early on and it led to some issues. I agree 100% willingness to tackle is the concern.

Does anyone else find it how strange it is that we are so heavily connected to Ruggs or just WR in general. I mean Elway and Fangio specifically kept assistant coaches home from the combine to stop leaks of information. Last year Elway was smitten with Lock at 10, certain places calling it the worst kept secret, and yet Elway traded down and made 2 picks before Lock. Perhaps the whole WR thing is a bit of a smokescreen, and in which case it might have worked. SF looks like a prime contender to take a WR, and there are reports Oakland too.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Does anyone else find it how strange it is that we are so heavily connected to Ruggs or just WR in general. I mean Elway and Fangio specifically kept assistant coaches home from the combine to stop leaks of information. Last year Elway was smitten with Lock at 10, certain places calling it the worst kept secret, and yet Elway traded down and made 2 picks before Lock. Perhaps the whole WR thing is a bit of a smokescreen, and in which case it might have worked. SF looks like a prime contender to take a WR, and there are reports Oakland too.
    Mock draft gurus and media folk are pairing Lock with a new toy. I've heard Klis, Nikki and Renck all say the Broncos are looking offense in the draft but not necessarily WR round 1. It's just natural to speculate WR because of the young gun slinger behind center. I actually would be a little shocked at this point if Denver didn't end up with one of the top 3

Broncos choosing a WR is also one of those times that need aligns with the strength of the draft.

Broncos need to upgrade the WR room. Arguably more then OT. Sutton proved he is going to have an impact. But they need that second WR threat to make this offense work. Like the current depth but none are threats as playmakers.

Biggest issue is the number of teams also salivating over this crop of WRs. Going to be a cross the fingers , hope like Hell one of the top 3 or 4 makes it to #15.

The second tier WRs are nice options but they not the real prize. Sure there will be some incredible players from other positions at #15 if the draft falls but getting that quality WR that is capable of challenging Sutton for WR 1 should be the priority.

Miss at #15 and it becomes much more complicated to trade to be in position to choose one of the second tier. IMO they have missed the opportunity if they wait until pick #46.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Broncos choosing a WR is also one of those times that need aligns with the strength of the draft.

Broncos need to upgrade the WR room. Arguably more then OT. Sutton proved he is going to have an impact. But they need that second WR threat to make this offense work. Like the current depth but none are threats as playmakers.

Biggest issue is the number of teams also salivating over this crop of WRs. Going to be a cross the fingers , hope like Hell one of the top 3 or 4 makes it to #15.

The second tier WRs are nice options but they not the real prize. Sure there will be some incredible players from other positions at #15 if the draft falls but getting that quality WR that is capable of challenging Sutton for WR 1 should be the priority.

Miss at #15 and it becomes much more complicated to trade to be in position to choose one of the second tier. IMO they have missed the opportunity if they wait until pick #46.
    At NFL.com they have us trading up to 8 with Arizona to grab Ruggs, I'm not sure we will go that high but could easily see us using 1 or 2 of our three's to move up a few spots. As you say WR is the biggest need, we just cannot go into the season with Sutton and a bunch of 'hope for the best' guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    At NFL.com they have us trading up to 8 with Arizona to grab Ruggs, I'm not sure we will go that high but could easily see us using 1 or 2 of our three's to move up a few spots. As you say WR is the biggest need, we just cannot go into the season with Sutton and a bunch of 'hope for the best' guys.
    If we absolutely love one of the WR, then absolutely do it. We have no immediately pressing issues. If you think a certain player can elevate you in a big way then get them.

That said, I would still like to sign a CB, but I think right now the market will be still until after the draft. Teams that miss out on their draft prospects will sign the remaining FA.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    That said, I would still like to sign a CB, but I think right now the market will be still until after the draft. Teams that miss out on their draft prospects will sign the remaining FA.
    I would like to see the Broncos sign an OT and CB before the draft to take a little pressure off the “need” and focus on the development coming from the draft.

Just as an example ( there are likely better choices) sign Amukamura and Sambraillo for a couple mil each to fill the depth then address in the draft with the first six picks.

The draft sorts itself out as who is available and BPA each round but my strategy would be those type of free agent signings then in the draft focus on WR and C in the first two rounds who knows if Broncos agree with me on C? )

Then the next 4 picks look at who is BPA each rd at CB, OT, NT(DT?) and coverage LB.

Just my strategy and opinion.