Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Personally, I see the 3 WRs going before 15. IMO we will need to trade up to get one. I could see Jax going WR as well if Simmons is gone.

Jax- Lamb
    LV- Jeudy
    SF- Ruggs

Chark and Lamb is a strong duo around Minshew. Mayock loves he's SEC guys, and I think Jeudy's skillset fits better for them. SF has been looking for speed at WR for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    After picking Ferrell last year at #4, who knows what Mayock and Gruden will do. WR and CB are the more pressing needs according to a lot of Raiders fans. For the sake of our division, I hope they fall in love with Jordan Love and make him battle it out with Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota .
    Gruden loves QBs. The more the merrier. He wants to hoard them. Don't know if that means he'll get Mayock to go along with picking one in the first round or not, but it could happen. There seem to be indications that Carr is not his guy. Don't know if that's true, but if it is, go figure.

Broncos have video visits scheduled with Boise State LT Ezra Cleveland and Michigan St ILB Joe Bachie per sources. #9sports

From what I'm hearing...

* Combine bumped Wirfs for media more than teams when it comes to the top 3 spots

* Ben Bartch & Ezra Cleveland are moving up

* Cesar Ruiz is clearly top center out there

* Isaiah Wilson is very polarizing, but will go earlier than expected

Actions Speak louder than words and the simple fact that this fella is versatile, is enough to tell me that he is most likely in the top three rated Tackles choices for the Denver Broncos on draft day.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-02-2020 at 11:24 AM.

What are people's feelings of drafting 2 wr's with our first two picks? One of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb piggy-backed with Shenault/Raegor/Mims (not dropping that far)? Since we have 3 3rds we could target Peart/Barth/Biadasz/Cushenberry, with M.Harrison/Davis-Gaither/Gay/Dye, and Troy Pride/Bryce Hall/Igbinoghene in the 3rd.

Thoughts?

I personally don't think anything higher than a 3rd needs to be spent on MLB. There are a couple CBs I would love to grab in the 2nd like Diggs of Arnette if they fall, and I realize a nice OT might get to us like Cleveland or Luang, but I would be pretty excited with Sutton, Ruggs, Shenault, and Fant as the weapons for Lock. Plus we wouldn't have to stress about resigning Sutton in two years.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmlb View Post
    What are people's feelings of drafting 2 wr's with our first two picks? One of Jeudy, Ruggs, or Lamb piggy-backed with Shenault/Raegor/Mims (not dropping that far)? Since we have 3 3rds we could target Peart/Barth/Biadasz/Cushenberry, with M.Harrison/Davis-Gaither/Gay/Dye, and Troy Pride/Bryce Hall/Igbinoghene in the 3rd.

Thoughts?

I personally don't think anything higher than a 3rd needs to be spent on MLB. There are a couple CBs I would love to grab in the 2nd like Diggs of Arnette if they fall, and I realize a nice OT might get to us like Cleveland or Luang, but I would be pretty excited with Sutton, Ruggs, Shenault, and Fant as the weapons for Lock. Plus we wouldn't have to stress about resigning Sutton in two years.
    I mean it all depends on how the board plays out. If he's the highest rated guy on our board by a wide margin then yes. However, if we take one earliest I'd prefer is 3rd round. I would love to take Ruggs Rd 1, and Hamler in the 3rd.

Thoughts?

Donít hate it. 😀

For me it would depend on which WR was available. And more importantly which other player (and position of need) is also among the choices. Oline, DLine, CB might have slipped and be a great opportunity at #46.

If the Broncos are lucky enough to have one of the big 3 WRs on the board at #15 they almost have to take him IMO. Not just for a quality player but because it opens up the rest of the draft by addressing that need.

Getting that star WR allows for a later WR to be a complimentary WR instead of finding a starter. Players line Hill, Watkins, Hightower, will be available in the 3rd rd. Who knows maybe even one of the second tier WRs like Hamler, Pittman, Claypool makes it to the first pick in the 3rd. Doubtful but possible.

I think the toughest part of draft day will be watching so many talented and needed players coming off the board after #15 until the Broncos second round pick.

Thoughts?

I agree with your assessment on MLB and CB. I would love to grab a rangy, athletic LB in the 3rd (Davis-Gaither or Dye) and an athletic CB in the 2nd (Diggs, Johnson, or Dantzler). OT would be a good developmental pick in the 3rd round too.

I think it is absolutely necessary to draft ONE WR in the first two rounds. The talent drop-off after Round 2 is quite concerning to me. I donít think we need to double dip with our first two picks because we have a lot of needs elsewhere.

Hereís how I see it. DaeSean Hamilton flew under the radar last year doing a ton of dirty work in Scangarelloís scheme and then he caught a ton of flak for his two bad drops for the whole season. Hamilton is only entering his 3rd year and has the potential to flourish as a slot machine in Shurmurís offense. Not to mention that his chemistry with Lock really stood out as Hamilton came on strong late in the year. I pencil him in our depth chart firmly as the WR3.

Tim Patrick was brought back for extremely cheap as an ERFA and is (at worst) solid depth. Juwann Winfree showed promise last preseason before being inactive much of the season. I could see him battling it out with Diontae Spencer for WR5 on the roster, or they both make it with Spencer being the returner again.

2020 WR Depth Chart:
    WR1: Sutton, Patrick
    WR2: Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs, Winfree
    WR3: Hamilton, Spencer

On the Raiders, watching Gruden's sideline reactions to Carr make boneheaded mistakes and poor throws last year, I gotta believe his days are numbered. The rational thing to do would be let Mariota and Carr compete in TC with Mariota having the edge going in. Drafting another QB early would surprise me after signing Mariota. But we all know the Raiders don't always make rational draft choices.

Back on my favorite team, I know a lot of people are salivating over the top 3 WR's, but I see the trenches on both sides and maybe CB as being bigger needs. Not to say we won't take a WR at 15 if the board falls that way, but I expect the Broncos will go into the draft with a couple options at each of several positions of need at 15 and 46, and it wouldn't surprise me if we address other needs early and pick up a speedy WR or two later. We have enough needs that I don't see overloading in one position making much sense.

You have to go back to 2010 and DT at #22 for a WR drafted in the first by the Broncos. Strong #2's like Eddie Royal were 2nd round and Eric Decker 3rd round. Even Sutton was 2nd round (though he'd go in the 1st if teams could do-over).

If you could trade a next year second and maybe 2 of this years thirds to get back into the first Rd 1 who would you target? Or would you just wait to see what falls to us in rd 2.

I realize that may be too rich a deal so if that is the case who would you trade back into RD 1 to try and get?

I think if we came away with a top tier CB and WR and a developmental OT and MLB I would be happy.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Love the idea of trading back in the first to take Ezra Cleveland. Happy to go the route of last year. Pick up an extra 2nd and take the big man from BSU