Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    i had never tried a mock draft simulator before yesterday. i wont do another either as i dont think it could get any better than what i got. for the record i am 99% certain draft wouldnt fall this way

1) juedy
    2) diggs
    3)claypool
    3)dugger
    3)ruiz
    4) peart
    5) wilson ilb

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I would like to see the Broncos sign an OT and CB before the draft to take a little pressure off the “need” and focus on the development coming from the draft.

Just as an example ( there are likely better choices) sign Amukamura and Sambraillo for a couple mil each to fill the depth then address in the draft with the first six picks.

The draft sorts itself out as who is available and BPA each round but my strategy would be those type of free agent signings then in the draft focus on WR and C in the first two rounds who knows if Broncos agree with me on C? )

Then the next 4 picks look at who is BPA each rd at CB, OT, NT(DT?) and coverage LB.

Just my strategy and opinion.
    I'd love Logan Ryan, but I still believe Amukamara will be in orange and blue. OT I'm not sure about. If we miss out on an iOL in the draft, then Wilkinson goes to RG and Glasgow to OC. Then I see us signing an OT.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I have a feeling we go C in the 2nd round. I could see a trade-up possibly for Cesar Ruiz or staying put and picking Matt Hennessy. I want to like Lloyd Cushenberry III but I don’t see anything special about him. If Tyler Biadasz can return to 2018 form, I would like him in the 3rd round but his regression last season is extremely concerning.
    This "regression" is overstated and usually not based in reality. Most people saying it did not watch much Wisconsin Football in 2019. Biadasz was fantastic.

Elway could trade up, down or stay at #15. If they have one guy they feel they must have and he is still available somewhat before #15, we may see the Broncos move up. If there are several must-have guys who are all gone by #15, Denver could trade back given the depth of this draft pool. Many expect a WR or Tackle to be selected if they stay at #15.

There is a group which is expected to be the first fifteen off the board. There could be as many as: 3 QBs; 3 WRs; 4 offensive tackles; 1 DE; 2 DTs; 1 Outside Backer; and, 1 Corner in that group. All it takes is for a team ahead of Denver to reach past the top fifteen. It is possible that one of the top fifteen available when Denver picks won't be an offensive player. That would be a bpa scenario and it will be interesting to see Denver's draft board unfold.

The draft pool is under a microscope for months and is studied ad infinitum et ad nauseum. There is conventional wisdom, safe picks, bold picks and reaches. There are thousands of mocks. The actual ranking is always the order in which they are ultimately chosen. The teams doing the picking have their own criteria, red flags and multiple sources of input. One guy for each team must make the decisions and he'll get the credit/blame even though he relies on many others and his choice is also subject to luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    This "regression" is overstated and usually not based in reality. Most people saying it did not watch much Wisconsin Football in 2019. Biadasz was fantastic.
    In what round was he fantastic enough to be chosen?

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Does anyone else find it how strange it is that we are so heavily connected to Ruggs or just WR in general. I mean Elway and Fangio specifically kept assistant coaches home from the combine to stop leaks of information. Last year Elway was smitten with Lock at 10, certain places calling it the worst kept secret, and yet Elway traded down and made 2 picks before Lock. Perhaps the whole WR thing is a bit of a smokescreen, and in which case it might have worked. SF looks like a prime contender to take a WR, and there are reports Oakland too.
    There's nothing strange about drawing connections between the best receivers and a team with arguably one of the worst WR rooms in the league. We have Sutton and that is it. We need another starting WR, and in Shurmur's offense, 3 WRs typically start the game so we need a starting slot guy too.

The team did not keep the guys home to "stop leaks", they simply thought they could be more productive at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In what round was he fantastic enough to be chosen?
    2nd. Maybe even late 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I would like to see the Broncos sign an OT and CB before the draft to take a little pressure off the “need” and focus on the development coming from the draft.
    I don't think there is any real "need" at OT, at least in the team's eyes for this year. They may still take a tackle in the draft, in a move to prepare for the future, but they have a starting LT in 1st round pick Bolles, one of the highest paid starting RT in James , a swing tackle with starting experience in Wlkinson, and then 5 depth tackles behind them.

If someone they love falls, I could see it, but otherwise I don't believe tackle is addressed.

2nd. Maybe even late 1st.
    It was just unfortunate for him that he had his worst game against his best competition.

one of my close friends is a die hard Wisconsin fan. I Watched almost all his games this year. Clearly dominated most games and deserved the awards at end of season.... but he looked pretty bad against the Ohio State DTs, which are probably the only pair of NFL DTs he faced this year. That is why he is regressing.

Are people over analyzing? Perhaps

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'd love Logan Ryan, but I still believe Amukamara will be in orange and blue. OT I'm not sure about. If we miss out on an iOL in the draft, then Wilkinson goes to RG and Glasgow to OC. Then I see us signing an OT.
    Denver's projected starting offensive tackles have availability and technique issues. Ja'Wuan James essentially missed the 2019 season with an injury that wasn't surgically corrected in the off season to my knowledge. His availability, durability and toughness are in question. There is no quality depth at T. Because of James' unavailability, Wilkinson started most of the games at RT. In his twelve starts, he did OK run blocking as a RT, but his pass protection was inadequate. He doesn't look like a T. Eli looks like a RG where he had seven starts in 2018.

Wilkinson got banged up against the Lions and Jake Rodgers filled in doing OK. Jake started in the season finale against the Raiders and was shaky, but sort of OK. During the past five seasons Jake Rodgers has been on the PS of eight different teams. He was with the Steelers three times, so Munchak knows him well. The other Tackles Denver currently has are Quinn Bailey, Calvin Anderson and Ka'John Armstrong all of whom were rookie UDFAs last year.

Denver will suit seven O-Linemen on game day, an inside guy and a Swing Tackle. IMO Denver needs to acquire some talent at offensive tackle in this draft no later than than the third round. Such a guy could be Swing Tackle or even start if Munchak thought he was in the top five.

As far as the issue of interior O-Line in this draft, it looks to me like good prospects may be available after the third round at # 118, #178 or #181.

I don't think there is any real "need" at OT, at least in the team's eyes for this year. They may still take a tackle in the draft, in a move to prepare for the future, but they have a starting LT in 1st round pick Bolles, one of the highest paid starting RT in James , a swing tackle with starting experience in Wlkinson, and then 5 depth tackles behind them.

If someone they love falls, I could see it, but otherwise I don't believe tackle is addressed.
    Name them.

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    It was just unfortunate for him that he had his worst game against his best competition.

one of my close friends is a die hard Wisconsin fan. I Watched almost all his games this year. Clearly dominated most games and deserved the awards at end of season.... but he looked pretty bad against the Ohio State DTs, which are probably the only pair of NFL DTs he faced this year. That is why he is regressing.

Are people over analyzing? Perhaps
    We'll see where Tyler Biadasz gets picked. I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to think he'll be available at the start of the third round.

I will say Denzel Mims could be a fantastic pickup in the 2nd round. The tape doesn’t match his combine numbers at all (didn’t get a ton of separation) but with that 3 cone time he should be able to develop into a quality route runner. He already has the size and physicality you want in an outside WR. He’s a willing and punishing blocker on the edges and with the signing of Gordon and already having Lindsay we’ll probably be trying to get them out in space. I want to say Shurmur does the whole crackback motion with a WR as well and he’d be a lot better at it than Hamilton.

People may fantasize his 40 time but he isn’t really going to blow by CBs unless he beats press cleanly. He’s a long strider much like Sutton but he has a little more top end speed. I know everyone wants a true burner because that’ll open up underneath/intermediate areas for the other targets but while Mims may not necessarily command that same attention that a guy like Ruggs would, it also would allow Mims to be able to sneak by some coverages and probably be more productive overall early on.

I would love a combo of Andrew Thomas and Denzel Mims.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    We'll see where Tyler Biadasz gets picked. I could be wrong, but I'm inclined to think he'll be available at the start of the third round.
    I agree with you but going into the college season, I think it was reasonable to expect he would have been a late first round or early second round pick. The analysis of a couple of his games seems to have most "so called" draft experts dropping him. The Ohio State game, in particular is causing him issues.

That being said, to the earlier posters point. Maybe everyone is just over analyzing it. Happens all of the time to sturdy producers over a longer period in college. There is more tape available.

On a smaller scale the same is happening to Thomas and Jeudy. Might be happening to Biadasz as well.

I’ve been running a ton of mocks over at TDN, and needless to say— if we can snag one of the top 3 WRs in the 1st round, it makes the rest of the draft a lot easier for us. Or if we trade back in the 1st and pick a Tier 2 WR (Mims or Jefferson) and gain an additional 2nd round pick.

With the talent available at CB and C in the 2nd round, I would hate for us to not take advantage of that. The 2nd round receivers are talented, no doubt, but they all come with their own question marks. I would love to come away with one (or two) of the following: Ruiz, Hennessy, Diggs, Hall, Johnson, or Dantzler.

If we don’t take a WR until the 3rd round, I would be confident in saying that we did NOT upgrade the current receiving talent on our roster much (I only like Bryan Edwards here). The 3rd round is where we will really fill out our roster. I could see us taking a backup OT, a LB, and a NT here. I would be happy with three of the following: Peart, Cleveland, Adeniji, Davis-Gaither, Dye, Elliott, Fotu, or Hamilton.