Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Would you take Kinlaw over CJ Henderson?
    I haven't read Henderson to be a good tackler, with comparisons to Greedy Williams. Don't think he fits Fangio's mold.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

I'm not as high on Lamb as the other two. I would assume Ruggs is target #1. Elway has shown a tendency or liking guys that have been good against the Broncos, and T. Hill is obviously the cat that everyone would love to copy. Personally the separation that Jeudy consistently gets is nuts. I see Lamb as a Hakeem Nicks kinda receiver. I personal would love to see A. Thomas to us at 15, and then a 2nd and third put together to go get Viska. But who knows. BTW PFF has put together a free mock draft simulator that includes trades if anyone is interested.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

This should end the debate

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    This should end the debate

That just moved him up on my board from #3 to #1!
    Lol!
    I really dont care, his skill set is sorely needed to our offense but Lamb, Jeudy, and Thomas all would help us too!
    I hope we end up with one of them!

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Speed kills in the NFL, you see it with Tyreek Hill, Fuller, Odell B, etc......... D's just play so differently when there is a deep threat. Ruggs isn't going to be you typical 1000 yard receiver with 15 TD's a season guy like Jeudy might, but he is going to give your offense speed and playmaking ability, something we have lacked for awhile.

I didn't watch much college ball but I can't imagine the safeties playing too near the box when Ruggs was on the field, you just can't do it. If our OC can move Ruggs around and be creative like they are in KC with Hill then he can be a difference maker.

We can't go wrong with Ruggs, Jeudy, or Lamb, but out of the 3 I think Ruggs will give this offense a different dimension and provide Lock with a genuine deep threat.
    Ben Allbright (a former NFL scout) is very high on Ruggs for the reason you mention. Allbright said he broke down film of DeAndre Hopkins and when Fuller wasn't on the field Hopkins was average. It's when Fuller was on the field that DeAndre Hopkins was All World. Allbright also said the only difference between Ruggs and Tyreek Hill is Ruggs only beats people on the field. I think Ruggs will dictate Ds helping the entire offense and is good enough to make plays himself...

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    why discard DL because of the Harris deal? It is a 1 year deal. Anyone we draft will be to contribute longer term.
    Because it's an addressed position, other areas need the attention. After the season starts if they want to extend Harris they can do so. A new nose tackle will need to be added soon but, imo, it doesn't have to be this year. We have an opportunity to get a stud WR or a starting caliber CB/ILB where we are thin at

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Ben Allbright (a former NFL scout) is very high on Ruggs for the reason you mention. Allbright said he broke down film of DeAndre Hopkins and when Fuller wasn't on the field Hopkins was average. It's when Fuller was on the field that DeAndre Hopkins was All World. Allbright also said the only difference between Ruggs and Tyreek Hill is Ruggs only beats people on the field. I think Ruggs will dictate Ds helping the entire offense and is good enough to make plays himself...
    This is the thread

Lot of negative talk about Ruggs from fantasy football guys, citing "production."

Want an idea of what speed at WR does in dictating coverages, even when that WR isn't filling out the box score?

Look at Will Fuller.

The Texans were 8-2 when Fuller played. 2-4 when he didn't.

The offense averaged 26 ppg when he played.
    20 ppg when he didn't.

Watson passer rating when Fuller played: 104.3

When he didn't: 89.8

And it's not like Fuller is an all pro or even pro bowl caliber WR on his own. Fuller had 670 yards and 3 TDs last year.

53% of his total yardage came from two games. All of his TDs came from just one game (ATL)

Sometimes the threat of what a guy can do, adds to his actual value. He makes everyone around him, better.

You can't measure that from the box score or a "production metric."

/fin

The more I hear about Ruggs the less chance I think hell be there at 15.

Wouldnt be surprised if a team in the top 10 grabs him if he is as elite as many believe.

If Al Davis was around hed move up to get him with that speed!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The more I hear about Ruggs the less chance I think hell be there at 15.

Wouldnt be surprised if a team in the top 10 grabs him if he is as elite as many believe.

If Al Davis was around hed move up to get him with that speed!
    Philly is the team that I think might fear they are just out of reach of one of the "top" wrs......I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move out of fear -just to jump ahead of LVR and MIA (or Den)

I would love Ruggs, but Im starting to think he may not be available.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Philly is the team that I think might fear they are just out of reach of one of the "top" wrs......I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a move out of fear -just to jump ahead of LVR and MIA (or Den)

I would love Ruggs, but Im starting to think he may not be available.
    I agree!

I hope were wrong!!!

I have a feeling we go C in the 2nd round. I could see a trade-up possibly for Cesar Ruiz or staying put and picking Matt Hennessy. I want to like Lloyd Cushenberry III but I dont see anything special about him. If Tyler Biadasz can return to 2018 form, I would like him in the 3rd round but his regression last season is extremely concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Because it's an addressed position, other areas need the attention. After the season starts if they want to extend Harris they can do so. A new nose tackle will need to be added soon but, imo, it doesn't have to be this year. We have an opportunity to get a stud WR or a starting caliber CB/ILB where we are thin at
    Personally I think that is a bit short sighted. I think we are drafting for the next 5-10 years not for the coming season.

If a DL is the BPA I would not avoid it because of a one year contract for Harris. If anything the signing helps us mentor a young guy to take the role.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    This is the thread

Lot of negative talk about Ruggs from fantasy football guys, citing "production."

/fin
    What kind of shot is this? Just because someone doesn't agree with your view and actually looks at their performance on the field this makes us "fantasy football guys". Let's not go there because there is plenty of ammunition both ways and I think we can be better than that.

This discussion has had a lot of good points on both sides. It is a discussion with different opinions. In reality, teams have to assess all things about any player we draft. Athletic ability, physical stature, production, leadership, character, and other items. They are all part of the analysis. Only looking at one area and neglecting others would be silly.

I think there is room to disagree on whether or not we should take this guy at 15.

i think we would take Fulton or Diggs over Henderson. i don't ike the fact he is soft in the run and tends to avoid contact. both of things fangio expects his cbs not to do.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think we are in a good position at 15.

5 guys jump our to me and at least 1 of them 'should' be there - Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Kinlaw, Thomas - All would be a tremendous help right away.

Plus we have 3 thirds so if we fall in love with one of the guys then we have ammunition to jump up a little.