Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Obviously I am optimistic Bouye can be better, but how did his defensive scheme change from 2017 to 2018 and then 2019 ? I would be interested to hear how he was actually used differently to warrant the fall off in play. Also, I got the statistics from https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aj-bouye/. Regardless of which statistics are accurate, they both are not good, and it's telling Jacksonville fans were stoked to rid of him, and laughing that they got a fourth round pick in exchange for his contract.

Come on, you are reaching to make excuses because NOW he is a Bronco. We are blaming his front office now for a fall off in play over the last 2 years ? Come on man. Also, how are they more dysfunctional than our front office ? They have been to the playoffs more recently than we have been ? They are 21-27 over the last 3 years, we are 18-30 ? So in the 3 years since Bouye flourished and clearly fell off, we are having a worse run as a franchise. So again, what are you on about ?

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aj-bouye/.

As I said above, regardless the statistics on either source are bad, and both highlight that he has not been a good player as of late. I also find fans, fans who are usually bias in defense of their players, wanted him gone, and were happy that someone actually gave up a pick for him. It wouldn't be the first time Elway willing gave up reasonable compensation for a dud player who probably would of been cut anyway, Flacco anyone ?

I do agree we needed a veteran cornerback, and at that rate you were not probably getting anyone better than Bouye. I just don't think adding him and losing Harris puts us in any better of a position moving into the draft, which is the point I was making in reference to this thread topic. Our needs remain largely the same, we haven't gotten much better on paper when you actually look at.
    You have a good argument on Bouye not being an upgrade over Harris.
    Despite his down last to seasons Vic Fangio still likes Bouyeís game, he tried to sign him in 2017. If Fangio canít get him right then we probably cut bait after this season. I think a change of scenery and the Fangioís scheme will get him out of his slump.

Your probably right about Jacksonvilleís Front Office in 2017, last two seasons we have had a better combined record than them.
    Jags / Broncos
    2018 5-11 / 6-10
    2019 6-10 / 7-9
    We are only two wins better but I like the direction our team is headed a lot more than the Jags, they are in full rebuild mode
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-30-2020 at 04:11 PM.

I think there is more upside with Bouye. Harris will be 31 in a few months and was clearly slowing down last season, in a D that was overall pretty strong under Fangio.

Bouye struggled last year and was inconsistent, Denver are banking on him returning to form in this D, I think there is a good chance he will. I found this on CBS -

Denver is still acquiring a 28-year old cornerback that is in the prime of his career. Bouye's style of play was no longer valuable in Jacksonville under defensive coordinator Todd Wash, but he's an excellent fit playing in Denver under head coach Vic Fangio. In Fangio's scheme, cornerbacks that can stop the run and can play on both sides of the field benefit, two massive strengths in Bouye's game. Putting Bouye on the outside with a scheme that suits him was a perfect low-risk, high-reward move for the Broncos.

I like the hire, but as with most things time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    You have a good argument on Bouye not being an upgrade over Harris. Vic Fangio still likes Bouye’s game, he tried to sign him in 2017.

Your probably right about Jacksonville’s Front Office in 2017, last two seasons we have had a better combined record than them.

Jags / Broncos
    2018 5-11 / 6-10
    2019 6-10 / 7-9
    We are only two wins better but like the direction our team is headed a lot more than the Jags, they are in full rebuild mode
    Thats because we won 4 of the last 5 to end the season and finally seem to have found a QB. With a ton of young talent and players like Chubb returning from injury we look promising going forward. A lot will depend on how Lock progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Thats because we won 4 of the last 5 to end the season and finally seem to have found a QB. With a ton of young talent and players like Chubb returning from injury we look promising going forward. A lot will depend on how Lock progresses.
    Yessir!
    We find a way to win the close games we lost in 2019 like Indy, Jacksonville, Chicago, and Minnesota in 2020 we will be a playoff team.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 03-30-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Our needs remain largely the same after free agency. Harris left, we replaced him with Bouye, a downgrade. Wolfe left, we replaced him with Casey, a short-term upgrade. Leary and McGovern left, we replaced them with Glasgow, long-term slight upgrade. I still see every single area that was a weakness last season remaining a weakness. We have 3 huge question marks along the offensive line, center, and both tackle positions could be addressed. We have question marks up the whole middle of the defense, defensive line and linebacker are still weaknesses. Our cornerback room is not deep at all, we really need help there, and losing Parks is losing a lot of key rotational snaps too.

Elway as he does has slapped some band-aids on areas where players left to stop the team getting weaker, and maybe found some guys who better fit the new coaching staff, but we still remain a thin roster with poor depth. A lot is going to ride on how Drew Lock plays, but we need to get him help up front, a new center and left tackle in the first 2 rounds is my hope, then shift to the defense and add a pair of cornerbacks, and a big bodied defensive tackle. Adding a wide reciever still makes little sense to me when you consider our overall roster position, when we took a luxury pick in a pass catcher last year.
    Another pass catching weapon this year if you count Gordon.

I wouldnít mind a WR in the first but I also wouldnít mind trading down in the first and taking, Mims, Jefferson, or Reagor.

A trade down would add extra picks possibly yielding us another linemen like Biadiasz or even a guy we could use in the slot like Hamler.

I love the idea of Henry Ruggs whom many are comparing to Tyreek Hill but would we rather have a Tyreek Hill type with Juwaan James and Garret Bolles?

Or considering our 3 3rd rounders with what ever we get for trading down could yield us a Denzel Mims with perhaps Austin Jackson, or Isaiah Wilson or Solomon Kindley, then adding in Biadiasz and Hamler a bit later. Just something to consider.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-30-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Iím seeing Jets fans lobby for an OT with the 11th pick. If NYJ picks an OT, it will free up one of the top 3 WRs to drop to #15. I donít see a scenario where LV doesnít take a WR (unless a top QB falls) and Iím 100% sure SF will take a WR.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I’m seeing Jets fans lobby for an OT with the 11th pick. If NYJ picks an OT, it will free up one of the top 3 WRs to drop to #15. I don’t see a scenario where LV doesn’t take a WR (unless a top QB falls) and I’m 100% sure SF will take a WR.
    i am really feeling that Lamb will be a Raider and Jeudy will be a Niner

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Iím seeing Jets fans lobby for an OT with the 11th pick. If NYJ picks an OT, it will free up one of the top 3 WRs to drop to #15. I donít see a scenario where LV doesnít take a WR (unless a top QB falls) and Iím 100% sure SF will take a WR.
    100% sure?

I think Raiders and the 49ers could definitely draft WRs but they could go in a different direction also. It is a deep draft at WR, they could definitely take another position and pick up a WR later.

At this point I doubt their front office is even 100% sure

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I will come back to this post on April 23rd and CP you if this comes true. My guess is Ruggs to LV and Lamb to SF. Who knows how the GMs value the top 3, especially with Ruggsí meteoric postseason rise. You might just be right!

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    100% sure?

I think Raiders and the 49ers could definitely draft WRs but they could go in a different direction also. It is a deep draft at WR, they could definitely take another position and pick up a WR later.

At this point I doubt their front office is even 100% sure
    100% sure is a little bit of a hyperbole on my end . Just as weíve had plenty of discussions here about passing on a WR to take one later on, Iím sure their fans have thought the sameó including entertaining the possibility of a trade back. I would be ecstatic if LV and SF decided to pick another position. If the Chargers decide to draft an OT, then I could see Herbert being a possibility for the Raiders. And since the 49ers traded Buckner, I could see them taking Kinlaw or even Derrick Brown if he falls. Leaving us with any choice of the top 3 WRs.

I will come back to this post on April 23rd and CP you if this comes true. My guess is Ruggs to LV and Lamb to SF. Who knows how the GMs value the top 3, especially with Ruggsí meteoric postseason rise. You might just be right!

100% sure is a little bit of a hyperbole on my end . Just as weíve had plenty of discussions here about passing on a WR to take one later on, Iím sure their fans have thought the sameó including entertaining the possibility of a trade back. I would be ecstatic if LV and SF decided to pick another position. If the Chargers decide to draft an OT, then I could see Herbert being a possibility for the Raiders. And since the 49ers traded Buckner, I could see them taking Kinlaw or even Derrick Brown if he falls. Leaving us with any choice of the top 3 WRs.
    Lamb is a gruden style of wr. I bet he will love him.

I've heard that the 49ers could consider Kinlaw to replace Buckner

Lamb is a gruden style of wr. I bet he will love him.
    I could see Jax surprising and pairing lamb with Chark too.

I've got a weird feeling Gruden is going to take Herbert. I don't see QB as a massive need for them, but they did interview Herbert yesterday so we will see.

I think our 2 biggest needs going in are #2 WR and ILB opposite Johnson. With OT and CB being a close 3rd.

If we feel we must trade up I would rather us not have to give up our 2nd (#46) to do it. There are 3 great WRs who can step right in day 1 and improve this offense. If any of them fall out of the top 10 sliding up a few spots should be a consideration. Or, draft another position and fill the WR hole at #46 with a guy like K. J. Hamler, Laviska Shenault, or Jalen Reagor.

So if WR isnít the target in round 1 I gotta think itís OT. The only ILB worth taking this high is Simmons. If he slides out of the top 10 (very doubtful) I would sell my soul to move up and grab him. I donít think this will be an option so I see OT being in play at 15. One of Wirfs, Willis, Becton, or Thomas should fall into our laps at 15, all would be an upgrade over Bolles day 1.

Which brings me back to ILB. Assuming Simmons is off the table, imo, Patrick Queen is the next best thing for our defense. He wonít fall outside of round 1 so a move up will be warranted. So hereís a scenario for ya;

15. We land on of the top 4 OTs assuming Lamb, Juedy, and Ruggs are all gone by 15. Our pick is, say, OT Andrew Thomas.

46. We try and try to move up for Queen but the price is just too steep so we complete our offense haul by going WR here. Hamler or Shenault is the pick.

77. Since we failed to fill the ILB role we land S/LB Jeremy Chinn here. Heís the next best thing for our defense outside of Simmons and Queen imo. Chinn fills the hybrid role in Fangioís D.

After that itís gravy.

Looks great Kwhit- I'm not really on the OL with the 1st wagon, but I love the next two picks!

The more I watch and read about Chinn, he seems like a Fangio guy with crossover skills. I would love to add him to our defensive backfield.