Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I've got a weird feeling Gruden is going to take Herbert. I don't see QB as a massive need for them, but they did interview Herbert yesterday so we will see.
    I think Herbert is gone before that TBH

Read an interesting article in SI. Although I would prefer not to trade up for a receiver, especially, in a WR deep draft, the article, I think, made a decent point that there may be a fairly strong possibility that the Broncos may. They currently have 79 players under contract and 10 picks. If they kept all 10 picks, then they could only sign 1 undrafted free agent to fill out the 90 man roster spots. They could release a couple players to free up some roster space, but, there's a good chance they'll likely give up a couple picks to move up between 8 and 11. The article broke down both compensation and the most likely trade partners.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Read an interesting article in SI. Although I would prefer not to trade up for a receiver, especially, in a WR deep draft, the article, I think, made a decent point that there may be a fairly strong possibility that the Broncos may. They currently have 79 players under contract and 10 picks. If they kept all 10 picks, then they could only sign 1 undrafted free agent to fill out the 90 man roster spots. They could release a couple players to free up some roster space, but, there's a good chance they'll likely give up a couple picks to move up between 8 and 11. The article broke down both compensation and the most likely trade partners.
    Question that comes to my mind is the quality of those 79 signed players. Are they likely to contribute or just place holders?

I’m open to trading up, down or staying in place for all 10 draft picks. Just want to see some legitimate upgrade to the roster and the players most likely on the field, not the practice squad.

Other teams are dreaming about mock drafts and moves too. For every fantasy draft pick that goes elsewhere the Broncos need to account for how will they counter. When the top 3 WRs are taken before #15 (especially to AFC rivals) are the Broncos prepared to react? Or make other teams react to Bronco improvements on the field?

Draft has talent. Broncos will likely get their share. But so will others. Teams with more talent already on their rosters in some cases. Going to be interesting to see how Elway handles this off-season

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    I never thought about it like that . I can see where it makes sense . I'd rather move up to get Simmons though.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Question that comes to my mind is the quality of those 79 signed players. Are they likely to contribute or just place holders?

I’m open to trading up, down or staying in place for all 10 draft picks. Just want to see some legitimate upgrade to the roster and the players most likely on the field, not the practice squad.

Other teams are dreaming about mock drafts and moves too. For every fantasy draft pick that goes elsewhere the Broncos need to account for how will they counter. When the top 3 WRs are taken before #15 (especially to AFC rivals) are the Broncos prepared to react? Or make other teams react to Bronco improvements on the field?

Draft has talent. Broncos will likely get their share. But so will others. Teams with more talent already on their rosters in some cases. Going to be interesting to see how Elway handles this off-season
    I'm sure plenty of the 79 under contract aren't world beaters. Personally, I think that we'll likely stay at 15, or, trade down, depending on how the the draft plays out. I still strongly believe that we won't trade up. But, the article, to me, at least made a somewhat valid point that, perhaps, the probability Elway may look to trade up, is greater than I thought. That's all. As much as I would like Ruggs, I'd be happy staying at 15 and taking a top OL, Kinlaw, or WR Justin Jefferson. Or, trading down and taking a player like Brandon Aiyuk, Ezra Cleveland, Denzel Mims, etc.

I would float the idea of trading #15 and one of our 3rd round picks to SF for #13 overall. After #31, SF does not pick until the 5th round so I’m sure they’ll be looking to add some top 100 picks.

This ensures we can definitely get one of the top 3 WRs. Regardless of NYJ going WR or OT, we’ll have our choice of whoever is remaining of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs. This also helps us leapfrog TB who is in the OT market, so if Andrew Thomas is available— we would be in a position to draft him if we so choose.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I would float the idea of trading #15 and one of our 3rd round picks to SF for #13 overall. After #31, SF does not pick until the 5th round so I’m sure they’ll be looking to add some top 100 picks.

This ensures we can definitely get one of the top 3 WRs. Regardless of NYJ going WR or OT, we’ll have our choice of whoever is remaining of Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs. This also helps us leapfrog TB who is in the OT market, so if Andrew Thomas is available— we would be in a position to draft him if we so choose.
    I could see this happening, but I hope we don't do something like try to move to 8-11 because it'll cost multiple picks, and we have multiple needs. A run on QBs (almost certain), WR, and OT almost guarantees a top player at a position of need at 15. If we were a contender with only a top-3 WR between us and the SB, then I could see the logic of selling the farm, but we're nowhere near that.

Broncos already embracing new normal. They have video conference call set up next week with Temple center-guard Matt Hennessy per Broncos source. Figures to be one of top interior OL off board. #9sports

Another connection to an OC.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Broncos already embracing new normal. They have video conference call set up next week with Temple center-guard Matt Hennessy per Broncos source. Figures to be one of top interior OL off board. #9sports

Hennessy is currently my OC2 behind Ruiz. I would not be upset if he was the pick at #46. This is also indicative of how the coaching staff views Patrick Morris.

On a side note, I also would not mind if we traded for an additional 2nd round pick (like last year) to take a CB.

I was looking back at the list of prospect visits from 2019, and among the guys we brought in were Fant, Risner, Lock, and Jones. Usually these visits can be seen as “smokescreens” but perhaps our FO came away genuinely impressed. It will be interesting to see how this altered pre-draft process affects Denver’s draft philosophy compared to recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post

Good. I'd love to get a C that can start as a rookie.

Hennessy is currently my OC2 behind Ruiz. I would not be upset if he was the pick at #46. This is also indicative of how the coaching staff views Patrick Morris.

On a side note, I also would not mind if we traded for an additional 2nd round pick (like last year) to take a CB.

I was looking back at the list of prospect visits from 2019, and among the guys we brought in were Fant, Risner, Lock, and Jones. Usually these visits can be seen as “smokescreens” but perhaps our FO came away genuinely impressed. It will be interesting to see how this altered pre-draft process affects Denver’s draft philosophy compared to recent years.
    At #46? I like Hennessy too but he can probably be had in the late third or 4th. IMO, 46 would be a terrible reach

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    At #46? I like Hennessy too but he can probably be had in the late third or 4th. IMO, 46 would be a terrible reach
    Maybe it is. I’ve seen him projected anywhere from high-2nd to mid-3rd. I’m curious as to what your center rankings are, mine are:

1. Cesar Ruiz (late 1st)
    2. Matt Hennessy (mid 2nd)
    3. Lloyd Cushenberry III (late 2nd)
    4. Tyler Biadasz (mid 3rd)
    5. Nick Harris (mid 3rd)

Maybe it is. I’ve seen him projected anywhere from high-2nd to mid-3rd. I’m curious as to what your center rankings are, mine are:

1. Cesar Ruiz (late 1st)
    5. Nick Harris (mid 3rd)
    Personally I don't think the centers in this draft grade out very well compared to last year. I think Ruiz has a chance to be above average, but could be a guard. I think Cushenberry is pretty good. Hennessey is under rated but is on the small side AND has no evidence of being able to play other positions. He will struggle with the bigger two gappers. Vea would be a massive problem, but he is for everyone.

My personal preference is

Ruiz
    Cushenberry
    Hennessey
    Biadiasz
    Harris

For a draft prediction I will say

Ruiz - 25-35
    Cushenberry 40 - 50
    Biadasz - 3rd round
    Hennessey and Harris late third or fourth.

But I would not draft Ruiz or Cushenberry that high as I think that other positions provide better draft value in that slot. I would like to take a shot at Hennessey in the late third or fourth. If not, use Glasgow or Risner at Center.

I think that teams looking for a Guard will have a tendency to take a tackle that can play guard, like Peart. I think the OT in this draft are really strong. The interior lineman are relatively weak.

There is no way IMO that any of the 3 receivers make it to 15. So the options are -

Use 1 or 2 of our thirds to trade up, any of the 3 would be great. I don't think it really matters which one we end up with.

Take Jefferson, 4th best receiver. This would be a little too high for him.

Trade down. I'm not a fan, we have plenty of picks and we need to add some major talent.

Go BPA on OT, DT, or LB (Murray / Queen)

1. Cesar Ruiz (late 1st)
    5. Nick Harris (mid 3rd)
    I see Ruiz as more of a guard, but he could play center as well.

Cushenberry is worth a later round 1 pick (22 onwards).

Personally I'm not too high on Hennessy, I could live with him in the 2nd but he should never be a round 1 pick as I have seen in a 'few' mocks.