Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 208
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I like this Mock except the TE in the 4th, Fant and Vannett, Becht and maybe one of these guys Fumagali, Butt, &Fort. I’d look for tackle depth here instead, we have no depth.

    Good job! In my mock Ruggs was gone ( did. You move up to 10?)
    To me it's all about setting up Lock for success. Give him another weapon he has experience with. A trusty safety valve. Im not against a developmental OT, I just think this specific TE will help Lock more.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by S037474 View Post
    Speed is so overrated in the WR position. Jerry Rice, great hands, great route runner, maybe the GOAT. Sutton ran a 4.54 at the combine, look how he gets open deep, so many PIs on him. Id rather get a CB or OL in the first if value is there. There will be plenty of good receivers available in the second.

    Remember, we are looking for a number 2 receiver, we have a number 1.
    Just having speed doesn't make you good WR. However, a good WR who had speed can take an offense from good to great. Having a threat at WR than can score on any play vertically is huge. Having another dimension to your offense is vastly important, and having speed does that.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I fully agree, pure speed really isn't as valuable as players that can run great routes and get themselves open by doing so. That's why I'd take Jeudy over Ruggs, because he runs great routes and can make catches in traffic. Ruggs has great speed, but I don't see him having as much of an overall game.

    Take the 2013 draft as an example, Tavon Austin was the first WR off the board because of his speed. 7 years later and he's a complete after thought in free agency. The most catches he had in a season was 58, and he topped out at 509 yards. The second WR off the board that year went 27th, ran a pedestrian 4.57 at the combine and is now the best receiver in the game, DeAndre Hopkins.

    Granted it's only one draft comparison, but taking the guy who's a speed guy but has so many other limitations seems like a big mistake when you can get a guy who's a little slower but has so much more that he can do.
    I disagree with Jeudy over Ruggs. Ruggs is much more than just a speed guy. He runs good routed and a variety of them. He also has good hands. Jeudy runs good routed but his YAC is minimal, and I don't know if he has the toughness to be a #1 guy. I think he's a high end #2. I think Ruggs is an high end #2 as well, but he has a skillset that can elevate an offense. The Texans offense is much better when Fuller plays, because of his speed making everyone around him better.
    Last edited by the0rangecrush; 03-28-2020 at 01:19 PM.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    620
    1. Wr
    2. Ol
    3. Cb
    4. Ilb
    5. Dl

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    To me it's all about setting up Lock for success. Give him another weapon he has experience with. A trusty safety valve. Im not against a developmental OT, I just think this specific TE will help Lock more.
    In Shurmur's Offense they play a lot of 3 wide receivers with 1 TE and 1 RB. Would you have him in instead of Fant or would you have him for depth? Maybe with Fants speed they can go double Tight ends. I thought that would be where Vannett comes in.

    Appreciate your feed back

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    In Shurmur's Offense they play a lot of 3 wide receivers with 1 TE and 1 RB. Would you have him in instead of Fant or would you have him for depth? Maybe with Fants speed they can go double Tight ends. I thought that would be where Vannett comes in.

    Appreciate your feed back
    I'd have him in certain subpackages initially. Short yardage and RZ situations. Let him mature into a role, and if he hits the ground running that's a good problem to have. Plus Heurmans contract is up next year(or cut), Vannett is only on a two year deal as well. Our TE room is not the healthiest room.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,293
    Other than speed, Tavon Austin didnít possess the attributes of Ruggs. Ruggs has a very slight speed advantage, at least in the 40. Austinís hands were questionable and often let hard throws slip through to his chest. Ruggs, if I recall correctly had only one drop last season. Ruggs 42Ē vertical is 10Ē greater than Austin and nearly a foot further in the broad jump. Austin didnít always make the most of his blockers. If Ruggs can build his route running he could have an excellent career.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the treasure valley, Idaho
    Posts
    16,570
    Between CB, OT, WR & ILB I believe we can get some quality contributors in the first 3 rounds.

    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,081
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I disagree with Jeudy over Ruggs. Ruggs is much more than just a speed guy. He runs good routed and a variety of them. He also has good hands. Jeudy runs good routed but his YAC is minimal, and I don't know if he has the toughness to be a #1 guy. I think he's a high end #2. I think Ruggs is an high end #2 as well, but he has a skillset that can elevate an offense. The Texans offense is much better when Fuller plays, because of his speed making everyone around him better.
    I would choose either player, but I do think Ruggs hype is where it is because he's fast. If he ran a 4.35 then I'm not sure he's being mentioned as a top 10 guy (some people are projecting that). His speed means that he's become a player all about projection of what he'll do rather than what he's already produced. Not a bad thing, but it does leave the potential for a large disappointment.

    Personally I think that Ruggs may have the higher ceiling (although I'm not sure it's by much) but Jeudy has the much higher floor. I would go with the guy with the higher floor, because I think he steps in and does exactly what you want, and need, on day 1. And I'm not convinced his ceiling is that much lower. If you get the chance for both, I think you take the sure thing. If only one makes it, I hope some one falls in love with Ruggs and it's Jeudy that has fallen.

    But again I would have no problem choosing either one.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Other than speed, Tavon Austin didn’t possess the attributes of Ruggs. Ruggs has a very slight speed advantage, at least in the 40. Austin’s hands were questionable and often let hard throws slip through to his chest. Ruggs, if I recall correctly had only one drop last season. Ruggs 42” vertical is 10” greater than Austin and nearly a foot further in the broad jump. Austin didn’t always make the most of his blockers. If Ruggs can build his route running he could have an excellent career.

    Tavon Austin also had a much better pedigree coming out of college. He had more catches and yardage in each of his last two years at Clemson as Ruggs has had in his entire college career. Right now the Ruggs hype is mostly about what people think he will able to do in the NFL, but which he didn't do in college.

    They look at him, his fast 40 and think it's the next Tyreek Hill (skill wise, not character wise that I've heard about).

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tavon Austin also had a much better pedigree coming out of college. He had more catches and yardage in each of his last two years at Clemson as Ruggs has had in his entire college career. Right now the Ruggs hype is mostly about what people think he will able to do in the NFL, but which he didn't do in college.

    They look at him, his fast 40 and think it's the next Tyreek Hill (skill wise, not character wise that I've heard about).
    you mean west Virgina not Clemson right. i don't think Austin played at clemson at all.

    who also knows what would have happened if Ruggs was the #1 option at a school. not sharing the load with 4 other guys who will probably be drafted in the first round at WR.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    15,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you mean west Virgina not Clemson right. i don't think Austin played at clemson at all.

    who also knows what would have happened if Ruggs was the #1 option at a school. not sharing the load with 4 other guys who will probably be drafted in the first round at WR.
    You're correct, West Virginia. I double checked his stats, didn't even look at which college it was, just had it in my head that it was Clemson.

    Ruggs being the third option at Alabama is what has me most worried about him. I know Alabama isn't hurting for quality players, but if his game was what many hope it will be, you'd think they'd have made a bigger point of getting him more involved.

    Again I wouldn't be upset if they picked him, but I just have concerns about him that I don't have about Jeudy.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you mean west Virgina not Clemson right. i don't think Austin played at clemson at all.

    who also knows what would have happened if Ruggs was the #1 option at a school. not sharing the load with 4 other guys who will probably be drafted in the first round at WR.
    They werenít really sharing. Smith and Jeudy far outperformed Ruggs, especially in the big games. They were not 4 equals. Ruggs is being projected this high because of his speed not his college performance. My biggest concern is that he was a non factor in so many big games.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You're correct, West Virginia. I double checked his stats, didn't even look at which college it was, just had it in my head that it was Clemson.

    Ruggs being the third option at Alabama is what has me most worried about him. I know Alabama isn't hurting for quality players, but if his game was what many hope it will be, you'd think they'd have made a bigger point of getting him more involved.

    Again I wouldn't be upset if they picked him, but I just have concerns about him that I don't have about Jeudy.
    I could see it. But bama has been recruiting top notch and the talent in that wr core is true. I like ruggs I think he was special. Most bama games I saw he made a play or 2. It felt like tua would go one 2 and throw it alot cause one of the top 2 options where open sense they are uber talented

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I disagree with Jeudy over Ruggs. Ruggs is much more than just a speed guy. He runs good routed and a variety of them. He also has good hands. Jeudy runs good routed but his YAC is minimal, and I don't know if he has the toughness to be a #1 guy. I think he's a high end #2. I think Ruggs is an high end #2 as well, but he has a skillset that can elevate an offense. The Texans offense is much better when Fuller plays, because of his speed making everyone around him better.
    I think you should watch a little more Jeudy video if you think he has low YAC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •