Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 208
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    11,298
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    That just moved him up on my board from #3 to #1!
    Lol!
    I really donít care, his skill set is sorely needed to our offense but Lamb, Jeudy, and Thomas all would help us too!
    I hope we end up with one of them!
    There are so many talented players itís hard to choose one. Pick 15 gives the Broncos multiple options. Ruggs is rising and might not be available, although a lot can happen between now and the draft. If the Broncos donít use the first pick on a receiver there should be very talented guys late in the first or second round (if they trade down in the first).

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Ben Allbright (a former NFL scout) is very high on Ruggs for the reason you mention. Allbright said he broke down film of DeAndre Hopkins and when Fuller wasn't on the field Hopkins was average. It's when Fuller was on the field that DeAndre Hopkins was All World. Allbright also said the only difference between Ruggs and Tyreek Hill is Ruggs only beats people on the field. I think Ruggs will dictate Ds helping the entire offense and is good enough to make plays himself...
    To say Hopkins is an average WR is like saying Peyton Manning was a Average QB in his prime. it doesn't make sense to me.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    What kind of shot is this? Just because someone doesn't agree with your view and actually looks at their performance on the field this makes us "fantasy football guys". Let's not go there because there is plenty of ammunition both ways and I think we can be better than that.

    This discussion has had a lot of good points on both sides. It is a discussion with different opinions. In reality, teams have to assess all things about any player we draft. Athletic ability, physical stature, production, leadership, character, and other items. They are all part of the analysis. Only looking at one area and neglecting others would be silly.

    I think there is room to disagree on whether or not we should take this guy at 15.
    Those were not my words, but I was posting the thread by Allbright. He was directly replying to someone who was bringing fantasy production into draft sloting, and how fantasy has shaped fan perception of things rather than on the field effects a player has.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    To say Hopkins is an average WR is like saying Peyton Manning was a Average QB in his prime. it doesn't make sense to me.
    He never said average, he said there was a very noticeable drop in production from both Hopkins and Watson. I posted the thread a couple of posts ago.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    There are so many talented players itís hard to choose one. Pick 15 gives the Broncos multiple options. Ruggs is rising and might not be available, although a lot can happen between now and the draft. If the Broncos donít use the first pick on a receiver there should be very talented guys late in the first or second round (if they trade down in the first).
    It's true, take the guy you think will be the best player for you at a position you need more help at. If that means moving up a bit to get a guy you love and believe in, go get them.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i think we would take Fulton or Diggs over Henderson. i don't ike the fact he is soft in the run and tends to avoid contact. both of things fangio expects his cbs not to do.
    Another to consider that fits the Fangio CB mold would be Bryce Hall, Virginia. Good size, football IQ and athletic, more zone oriented then man and a physical tackler. Seen him in mocks from late 2nd to early 4th. Perhaps one of the 3rds?

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Another to consider that fits the Fangio CB mold would be Bryce Hall, Virginia. Good size, football IQ and athletic, more zone oriented then man and a physical tackler. Seen him in mocks from late 2nd to early 4th. Perhaps one of the 3rds?
    Big fan of Hall, I think he can be the Fuller-mold Fangio had in Chicago. The health stuff right now is probably hurting him in his medical rechecks.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Those were not my words, but I was posting the thread by Allbright. He was directly replying to someone who was bringing fantasy production into draft sloting, and how fantasy has shaped fan perception of things rather than on the field effects a player has.
    Got it. My fault for misreading.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,986
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Big fan of Hall, I think he can be the Fuller-mold Fangio had in Chicago. The health stuff right now is probably hurting him in his medical rechecks.
    Me too. I have been very high on Hall for sometime. I think he fits the Fangio mold for a CB perfectly.

    Secretly hoping he keeps falling

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,543
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Another to consider that fits the Fangio CB mold would be Bryce Hall, Virginia. Good size, football IQ and athletic, more zone oriented then man and a physical tackler. Seen him in mocks from late 2nd to early 4th. Perhaps one of the 3rds?
    i was specifically talking first round Corners i would love Hall but i don't think he is worth a first rounder

    i also don't think using a first round on CB is really Fangios style. the highest that he has drafted a cb on team he has been associated with is 3rd round
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-29-2020 at 04:32 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i was specifically talking first round Corners i would love Hall but i don't think he is worth a first rounder
    My apologies. Did not realize it was specific to 1st rd. Not sure any of the expected CBs "fit" at #15.

    Just a feeling, but I'm not seeing a CB in the first. Thinking more OT, WR (incl Jefferson, conversations today opened me to the possibility), LB or Kinlaw.

    IMO too many prospect options ahead of a CB in the first. Unless Okudah drops.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Me too. I have been very high on Hall for sometime. I think he fits the Fangio mold for a CB perfectly.

    Secretly hoping he keeps falling
    He's my top target in the 3rd

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He's my top target in the 3rd
    Funny how we all have our mock "go to's" in mocks.

    My 3rds are typically some variation Hall, Badasz and Dye, if available.

    Then almost always will end my 7th's with K.Tate QB and T. Galeai UT St. pass rusher.

    I laugh at myself as I can feel the Elway and Fangio eye rolls and under the breath "idiot".

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,454
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Funny how we all have our mock "go to's" in mocks.

    My 3rds are typically some variation Hall, Badasz and Dye, if available.

    Then almost always will end my 7th's with K.Tate QB and T. Galeai UT St. pass rusher.

    I laugh at myself as I can feel the Elway and Fangio eye rolls and under the breath "idiot".
    I'm similar. Hall and Logan Wilson are my go tos

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    To say Hopkins is an average WR is like saying Peyton Manning was a Average QB in his prime. it doesn't make sense to me.
    No, it's nothing like that. It's "like" saying after watching every play Hopkins played that he was average when Fulton wasn't on the field and great when he was, which is what Allbright said. You left out the "great" part, although I'm not sure that is the exact word Allbright used.

    Analogies (similes actually) really don't make good arguments. In order to disagree with Allbright means to watch every play Hopkins played with and without Fulton, or take the word of a qualified expert that did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •