Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My take on the first 15 picks as of now

I wait until right before the draft before I do my full mock draft for the Broncos.

But, currently, as for the first 15 picks in round one, here's how I think it plays out.

1. Bengals- QB Joe Burrow. Fairly obvious.

2. Redskins- DE Chase Young. Some talk about Tua, but, ultimately, they make the right decision

3. Dolphins (trade with Lions)- QB Tua Tagovailoa. Dolphins make sure they get their QB, who can sit behind Fitzpatrick and continue to get his hip 100%.

4. Giants- OT Tristan Wirfs. They signed several LB's and Bradberry, so I think they go with the versatile OL over Okudah and Simmons.

5. Lions- CB Jeff Okudah. Lions trade down, get the guy they wanted at 3 to replace Darius Slay.

6. Chargers- QB Jordan Love. I believe they are taking a QB and I think they like Love more than Herbert. Kind of like the same situation with the Giants and Daniel Jones last year.

7. Panthers- DT Derrick Brown. Panthers get a stud DT to help shore up the worst run defense from last year.

8. Cardinals- OT Mekhi Becton. They need to get better protection for Kyler Murray.

9. Jaguars- LB Isaiah Simmons. Jaguars get a defensive cornerstone piece for their rebuild.

10. Browns- OT Andrew Thomas. The future LT to bookend with free agent acquisition Jack Conklin.

11. Jets- WR Jerry Jeudy. Jets get arguably the most polished receiver in the draft for Sam Darnold.

12. Raiders- WR Ceedee Lamb. The Raiders get the playmaker they need on offense.

13. 49ers- WR Henry Ruggs. Yes, three receivers go in a row. 49ers are in a win now mode and get a WR to compliment their running game.

14. Buccaneers- OT Jedrick Wills. Don't think Bucs go RB this high. Probably go OL to protect their prized QB.

15. Broncos- DT Javon Kinlaw. Trading down is possible, but Kinlaw has the makings of a dominant DT and he may be too good to pass up.

That's just how I see it as of now.
    Last edited by sra84; 03-28-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Why do you see the jets going wr over it. They desperately need help on the oline and you need to protect your franchise qb if you veiw him that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Why do you see the jets going wr over it. They desperately need help on the oline and you need to protect your franchise qb if you veiw him that way?
    The Jets brought in two tackles in free agency
    George Fant and Greg Van Roten so they may address a receiver in the first and a tackle in the 2nd.

Jets signed OT George Fant, G Alex Lewis, C Connor McGovern, and OL Greg Van Roten, where as they only signed WR Breshad Perriman. I just think that they will take a top WR and look to take an OL in round two.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    George Fant and Greg Van Roten so they may address a receiver in the first and a tackle in the 2nd.
    Beat me to it!

niether of those are really starting caliber OT. Van Roten also played gaurd at his last stop so he may not be a tackle.but i mean if they don't want to protect there franchise QB they don't have to.

signing previously back OT and expecting them to start is not really a good idea. and then getting a guy who has never played tackle in the nfl and expecting him to is also a bad idea. i feel Van Roten is was signed to be there LG or RG either way i feel simularly about how i do with the broncos. gotta make sure your young stud QB is well protected.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 03-28-2020 at 05:40 PM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

niether of those are really starting caliber OT. Van Roten also played gaurd at his last stop so he may not be a tackle.but i mean if they don't want to protect there franchise QB they don't have to.

signing previously back OT and expecting them to start is not really a good idea. and then getting a guy who has never played tackle in the nfl and expecting him to is also a bad idea. i feel Van Roten is was signed to be there LG or RG either way i feel simularly about how i do with the broncos. gotta make sure your young stud QB is well protected.
    I agree but their paying Fant $10 mil a year.
    Van Roten only $3 mil

They did bring in Perriman but i could still see them take one of the top 3 receivers in the 1st and a tackle in the 2nd.

Jets may like a WR more than whatever OL is there at 11. Jets may trade down. Jets may want to wait and try to get an OT like Ezra Cleveland, Austin Jackson, or Josh Jones in round two. The Jets are the Jets, a team with a history of questionable drafting decisions. Things can change. It's just how I see it as of now.

I agree but their paying Fant $10 mil a year.
    Van Roten only $3 mil

They did bring in Perriman but i could still see them take one of the top 3 receivers in the 1st and a tackle in the 2nd.
    i just don't think it is a gaurentee they go WR. i think there core WR with Perrimen, Enugwa and Crowder is alot stronger then there oline. which i have no idea who would be the starters there. all i see is Below average formor practice squad guys or journymen. it is my opinion they need to invest majorly into the o-line ATM. or Darnold may end up taking the steps of Luck and retiring early from getting hit so much.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    Jets may like a WR more than whatever OL is there at 11. Jets may trade down. Jets may want to wait and try to get an OT like Ezra Cleveland, Austin Jackson, or Josh Jones in round two. The Jets are the Jets, a team with a history of questionable drafting decisions. Things can change. It's just how I see it as of now.
    First if Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland is there in teh second. i will be shocked. i mean if we go something other then WR and Jones or Cleveland drop in to the 25-32 range i am looking at moving back up for one of them, taking i think they both end up as starting linemen in this league.

i would guess that alot of it is i believe in building in the trenches more and then you build outside. you build from in the inside out. from the trenches to Skill players. but either way i wouldn't mind this i just don't see the Jets passing on a top OT. if they have a chance to take one. they need help on the O-line more then any other position. and what use is a great WR if the QB never has time to get them the ball?

oakland raders gm

i just don't think it is a gaurentee they go WR. i think there core WR with Perrimen, Enugwa and Crowder is alot stronger then there oline. which i have no idea who would be the starters there. all i see is Below average formor practice squad guys or journymen. it is my opinion they need to invest majorly into the o-line ATM. or Darnold may end up taking the steps of Luck and retiring early from getting hit so much.

First if Josh Jones or Erza Cleveland is there in teh second. i will be shocked. i mean if we go something other then WR and Jones or Cleveland drop in to the 25-32 range i am looking at moving back up for one of them, taking i think they both end up as starting linemen in this league.

i would guess that alot of it is i believe in building in the trenches more and then you build outside. you build from in the inside out. from the trenches to Skill players. but either way i wouldn't mind this i just don't see the Jets passing on a top OT. if they have a chance to take one. they need help on the O-line more then any other position. and what use is a great WR if the QB never has time to get them the ball?
    Your right they could definitely take an Olineman. Especially in a draft full of receivers.

I don't see Denver going D-line in round 1 after the trade for Casey and Shelby resigning, jmo

OT Jawaan Taylor was a consensus top 10 pick last year. He fell to the second round. Drew Lock fell to the second round. The draft doesn't always go as most predict.

As for us taking Kinlaw, Jurrell Casey is 30, and Harris only signed a one year deal. We're not exactly set for years on the DL. I think we could trade down or get an OT or WR if one of the top one's fall to 15.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I don't see Denver going D-line in round 1 after the trade for Casey and Shelby resigning, jmo
    I agree, if it falls the way this thread has it going, we probably go CJ Henderson or move back and grab Reagor or Mims.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    OT Jawaan Taylor was a consensus top 10 pick last year. He fell to the second round. Drew Lock fell to the second round. The draft doesn't always go as most predict.

As for us taking Kinlaw, Jurrell Casey is 30, and Harris only signed a one year deal. We're not exactly set for years on the DL. I think we could trade down or get an OT or WR if one of the top one's fall to 15.
    i think the reason Taylor Dropped is team may think he was limited to being a RT. or at least that is for sure his best spot. but Cleveland and Jones have everything a LT would need to be sucessful in this league.

oakland raders gm

There's still a lot of time between now and the draft. My opinion can, and probably will, change by then. More signings and trades can take place. Guys may get released. It's just how I think the first 15 picks go given the current status of those teams.