Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    I don't love the division rival switch, though Denver certainly benefited from Neil Smith leaving the Chiefs.

On Romanoski: Dirty, disgusting player. Actually embarrassed he played in Denver. That style of play has no place in football.
    1st, would like to thank D Wolfe for the great line play and effort over the years. 2nd, I would like to say that Romo was about as intense a player as you will ever come across in the NFL. He had a tendency to become degrading when push came to shove, but that intensity also fueled 110% effort in his regular play. Loved to watch him play. But, your right about N Smith. He and D Ware pushed the Broncos into world championships. I remember Smith's and Ware's run stopping abilities were key to a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Some of the biggest names of the past that people still talk about today played with a much meaner and nastier streak than Romo. I do realize the problem with a guy who plays on the edge is sometimes he will cross the line but the edge that brings to the entire defense is invaluable imo.
    Yep! I'm old enough and I definitely remember watching Dick Butkus, Chicago Bears linebacker 1965 - 1973 and Ray Nietzsche, Green Bay Packers 1958 - 1972. Two of the many "defensive beasts" from that time period where eye poking and finger breaking was not uncommon in the pile where the refs were unable to see who's was being naughty. This was a time period in the NFL when instant replay didn't exist so you had to pay close attention to the action of each play or you would have to wait and see highlights on the 10 o'clock news. It was also a time when fights broke out and it was like watching a hockey game now days. The refs let it go on for a while and the cameras were allowed to film the fisticuffs to the end. WOW!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Part of the Jersey Association of Gamers?

Cooool.
    Very intuitive! How did you know?

Big loss for the Broncos. He was a good player but seemed like a great leader. I get it though. He was hurt too often.

Yeah as he was way too hurt but hope he can revive his career and play very clutch.
    Ready for Autumn Winds!

Best of success to Wolfe. I really appreciate the effort he put on the field. He had a lot of injuries and always found a way back to play. In 2015 we met him in Pittsburgh after the game and he was incredibly nice and generous with his time. Hope he finishes his career without another injury.

Loved Wolfe as a Bronco! Sad to see move on, but wish him the best of luck with the Ravens. He will always be one of my favorites.
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
    Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Sure we do. Niel Smith was the difference maker not Romo.

And it was all Elway and the offense in the second super bowl not Romo and the porous run defense.
    Did you even make an attempt to research this before you posted?

1998 stats
    Romo - 2, int, 2 FF, 3 FR, 7.5 sacks, 72 tackles
    Neal Smith - 1int, 1 FF, 4.0 sacks, 27 tackles

easy to argue Romo was best player on the defense in 1998 but other guys had good years to so not a slam dunk

1997 stats
    Romo - 1 int, 1 FF, 2 sacks, 70 tackles
    Smith - 1FF, 8 sacks, 34 tackles

Ok this is not as obvious

The thing is the key value to a defense is not even in the stats. When a defense has a guy like Romo than the entire defense will pick their edge up a notch or two. In football that is a great thing specially for the defense.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Did you even make an attempt to research this before you posted?

1998 stats
    Romo - 2, int, 2 FF, 3 FR, 7.5 sacks, 72 tackles
    Neal Smith - 1int, 1 FF, 4.0 sacks, 27 tackles

easy to argue Romo was best player on the defense in 1998 but other guys had good years to so not a slam dunk

1997 stats
    Romo - 1 int, 1 FF, 2 sacks, 70 tackles
    Smith - 1FF, 8 sacks, 34 tackles

Ok this is not as obvious

The thing is the key value to a defense is not even in the stats. When a defense has a guy like Romo than the entire defense will pick their edge up a notch or two. In football that is a great thing specially for the defense.
    Wow, I didn’t remember him putting up numbers like that. I mostly remember the roid rage.

There were a lot of impact players on that defense, Atwater, Braxton, Romo, Mobley, Trayor & Alfred W. come to mind.