Bronx - My final 2020 mock draft - How I see things

Well here it is, have at it !

Round 1, pick 15 (No. 15 overall) - Henry Ruggs III, WR - Alabama

I would be happy with Kinlaw or Andrew Thomas as well and it was a toss-up between these 3 guys but how could I not add a playmaker like Ruggs ? We have a young QB and a need for more speed and more weapons, this offense with Lock, PL/Gordon, Sutton, Fant, and Ruggs starts to look really scary and this is how we can challenge KC for the division (along with a good looking Fangio D). Ruggs is a good route runner and has very solid hands. We have been crying out for our version of Tyreek Hill (without the off field problems), well here he is.

Round 2, pick 14 (No. 46 overall) - Lloyd Cushenberry, C - LSU

I looked at a few positions and prospects here but felt that Cushenberry was the best talent. I wanted a young talent who could strengthen the interior and OL in general, and also play OC or OG, which LC can do. After losing McGovern (who was average) I don't feel we have a pure center and LC is a terrific prospect at this position who can step in right away and play at a high level. LC has long arms and a strong base along with pure strength, and is espeically strong in the running game forcing defenders back.

I feel LC along with Risner gives us 2 good young long term options on the interior and lets us move on from Leary. I would love having Risner-LC-Glasgow on the interior for the next 5 years. I know that leaves us with Bolles and James outside but I just don't like the prospects at OT in round 2 and believe it is always better to take the best prospect rather then reaching.

Round 3, pick 13 (No. 77 overall) - Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississipi State

We are really thin at CB and need to add 1 between rounds 2-4. I like Jackson and Bouye as starters and Yiadom / Bausby will hopefully keep improving but we need a talent injection to make this group stronger. Its scary if one of the starters goes down for a period of time. Dantzler has good length and can press receivers, he plays with a strong technique and shows confidence / swagger on the field.

Round 3, pick 19 (No. 83 overall) - Robert Hunt, OG - Louisiana-Lafayette

Yep its another interior lineman but I don't like the OT options after round 1 and want to build a strong young group of lineman to put with Lock for many years to come and depth on the OL is crucial. I think picking up Hunt in round 3 would be tremendous value. He is a little raw but has power, size, and is a very strong run blocker. His footwork is inconsistent in pass protection but with the group we have (plus adding LC) he would not have to step in straight away and can be brought along slowly.

Although many project him as a OG he played most of his career at RT in college so coaches may feel he can play there in the pro's. Reminds me a little of Orlando Franklin.

Round 3, pick 31 (No. 95 overall) - Bradlee Anae, Rush LB - Utah

I think we need to add more pass rushers for passing downs, scouts believe Anae can play rush LB and provide depth at LB in a 3-4 as well as rushing the QB. At the senior bowl he beasted, racking up 3 sacks and several pressures following a strong week of practice. PFF had him as one of the highest graded pass rushes during the whole season as well, and in the last 2 years racked up 21 sacks and 29.5 tackles for a loss. With some good coaching and tips from Miller and Chubb Anae can be a top level performer.

Round 4, pick 12 (No. 118 overall) - Rashard Lawrence, DE - LSU

I think we are a little thin with our DL rotation, Shelby is back but Wolfe has now left. I think this is a good spot to add some beef on the line and improve that rotation and depth. Lawrence is a high character guy along with excellent leadership who plays tough and doesn't shy away from a battle. At the moment he is just a tough run defender and needs to work on his pass rushing ability (although flashes ability to make plays behind the line at times).

Round 5, pick 32 (No. 178 overall) Kirk Merritt, WR Arkansas State

A bit of an unknown I have liked Merritt for a long time. He has average size and speed (6-0, 215, 4.5) but knows how to get open and make plays. He has a fantastic jump and catch radius on the field and there is a video on youtube of him making a 49 inch vertical, Merritt has sure hands and is coming off 2 good seasons. I would love to give him a chance to make the final 53 roster.

Round 6, pick 2 (No. 181 overall) Daniel Thomas, S - Auburn

I was a big fan of Justin Simmons in college at BC and see some familiar traits in Thomas. Although he doesn't have the range Simmons did he has the same leadership and passion on the field. Thomas reads the game well and is a good tackler. He can provide depth and replace Parks as a back-up S and S Teamer.

Round 7, pick 38 (No. 252 overall) LeVante Bellamy, RB Western Michigan

There are always some gems to be found late on at this position and I like having a good stable of backs even if it just helps competition in TC. He can play ST's and return kicks but what I really like is his burst and desire to fight for every yard. Bellamy will throw himself into defenders when blocking and shake off tacklers, when he gets the edge or through a hole he accelerates impressively. In his senior season he ran for 1472 yards (5.5 average) and 23 td's, winning the MAC MVP and OPOY.

Round 7, pick 40 (No. 254 overall) Shea Patterson, QB - Michigan

I like taking a QB at some point in the draft, even if he is just a camp body or PS candidate. Coming off a good season throwing for over 3000 yards with 23 td's and just 8 picks, along with 5 rushing td's Patterson has the size, leadership, poise, and character to make for an interesting prospect.

I really don't like dantzler he is slow and looks slow on tape he has good length but will struggle to keep up with some of the slower we in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I really don't like dantzler he is slow and looks slow on tape he has good length but will struggle to keep up with some of the slower we in the league
    I just like his technique and game awareness, along with his long arms and press coverage. Reminds me a little of Richard Sherman in some ways.

You addressed needs in every round. BAP please!

Quote Originally Posted by S037474 View Post
    You addressed needs in every round. BAP please!
    Teams tend to draft the BPA at a position of need, or relative need. I believe I have done that here. If I was going purely on need I would have drafted an OT in round 2, but I don't like any of the OT's after round one.

Who would you take at 15 then ?

Imo the position that is lacking depth the most on this roster is OT and I dont see one here. We absolutely MUST get 1 or 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Imo the position that is lacking depth the most on this roster is OT and I don’t see one here. We absolutely MUST get 1 or 2 OTs in the first 3 rounds.
    Its tough to balance value over need isn't it, should be interesting to see how the draft plays out. I could see us moving up in round 1 or 2 using one of our 3 thirds.

The problem I had in this draft was not liking any OT after round one, and I would rather pick a higher talent at position of need then reach for a OT that I don't believe will be any good. I strongly considered Andrew Thomas at 15 (too high for Jackson and the other OT's will be long gone IMO) but I just couldn't turn down Ruggs who I think is a difference maker and our receiving core looks really thin with Patrick as 2 and Hamilton at 3. I want to give Lock some weapons to help him develop.

This draft would leave me with Bolles and James starting, not ideal but not awful, with Wilkinson and Hunt as back-ups.