Since were all doing mocks

For the past two years weve seen John Elway surprise us with some completely off the wall yet very good selections on draft day.

I didnt want to just go through and select my favorite college prospects or top players, Ive tried to weight which players will be on the board while fitting our coaches style of play.

Anyway this is how I could see it possibly playing out. Hope its not jinx.

15. WR Henry Ruggs big 6/0 frame with freak of nature type speed.

46. CB Trevon Diggs 6/2 196lbs. 20 tackles 3 INTs 8 PD big physical CB can play man as well as zone.

77. S Ashtyn Davis 6/1 200lbs. 32 tackles, 2 FF, 2 INT, 4 PD. Need to find a capable replacement for Will Parks.

83. WR KJ Hamler- Claypool will most likely be off the board. Hamler brings more speed and could challenge Desean Hamilton.

95. C Tyler Biadasz-Wed have to take Biadasz here. We need a center to groom and if we wait any later well miss out on some capable talent.

118. DT Benito Jones 6/1 329lbs. 19 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 INT. Typical Low center of gravity Fangio type penetrator inside that can get under the shoulders of offensive linemen.

178. DT McTelvin Agim 6/3 300lbs. 20 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 FF. Another inside penetrator that can also stop the run.

181. C Trystan Castillo 6/4 315 lbs.big kid fitting Mike Munchaks power style!

237. CB Luq Barcoo Luq Barcoo 6/1 165lbs. 43 tackles, 9 INTs, 16 PD all in 2019. Lighter faster corner with sleeper written all over him.

252. CB Darnay Holmes Darnay Holmes 5/10 198lbs 23 tackles, 2 INTs, 6 PD. Could convert to ball hawking safety.

254. OG Keith Ismael Keith Ismael 6/3 310 again very big kid fitting the Munchak mold.

I really wanted to add an ILB however we have Johnson and Jewell while also extending Todd Davis and re-signing Joe Jones I dont see one in the draft.

Right now our biggest needs are WR and CB which I see Denver picking up early. After that its offensive line and interior DL, I see Elway stock piling depth here.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-31-2020 at 08:57 AM.

I'd be very happy with that draft. I have been a big proponent of us double dipping WR in the first three rounds...and this does exactly that. We would go from lacking speed to having one of the fastest WR core real quick.
    New England Patriots GM

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    For the past two years weve seen John Elway surprise us with some completely off the wall yet very good selections on draft day.

I didnt want to just go through and select my favorite college prospects or top players, Ive tried to weight which players will be on the board while fitting our coaches style of play.

15. WR Henry Ruggs very big 6/3 frame with freak of nature type speed.

46. CB Trevon Diggs 6/2 296lbs. 20 tackles 3 INTs 8 PD big physical CB can play man as well as zone.

77. S Ashtyn Davis 6/1 200lbs. 32 tackles, 2 FF, 2 INT, 4 PD. Need to find a capable replacement for Will Parks.

83. WR KJ Hamler- Claypool will most likely be off the board. Hamler brings more speed and could challenge Desean Hamilton.

95. C Tyler Biadasz-Wed have to take Biadasz here. We need a center to groom and if we wait any later well miss out on some capable talent.

118. DT Benito Jones 6/1 329lbs. 19 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 INT. Typical Low center of gravity Fangio type penetrator inside that can get under the shoulders of offensive linemen.

178. DT McTelvin Agim 6/3 300lbs. 20 tackles, 5 sacks, 1 FF. Another inside penetrator that can also stop the run.

237. CB Luq Barcoo Luq Barcoo 6/1 165lbs. 43 tackles, 9 INTs, 16 PD all in 2019. Lighter faster corner with sleeper written all over him.

252. CB Darnay Holmes Darnay Holmes 5/10 198lbs 23 tackles, 2 INTs, 6 PD. Could convert to ball hawking safety.

254. OG Keith Ismael Keith Ismael 6/3 310 again very big kid fitting the Munchak mold.

I really wanted to add an ILB however we have Johnson and Jewell while also extending Todd Davis and re-signing Joe Jones I dont see one in the draft.

Right now our biggest needs are WR and CB which I see Denver picking up early. After that its offensive line and interior DL, I see Elway stock piling depth here.
    Trevon Diggs must be the heaviest CB ever drafted lol.

Ruggs is 6'

Mocks are fun. Kind of like buying that lottery ticket and dreaming about what you would do with life hanging money.

Ive been doing more then I like to admit in recent weeks. Boredom of being home and avoiding the paperwork I have on my desk.

Best thing is they can be tailored in a specific way to meet a preconceived plan. That and sometimes the dominoes just fall into place .

Ive had WR focused Ruggs, Pittman, Hill, Hightower drafts. Oline focused Thomas, Niang , Biadasz, Runyon. And Defense focused Kinlaw, Hall, Dye, Fotu, Muse.

All positive and negative in their own ways. Just a way to waste some time.

Keep dreaming fellow Bronco fans. I know I have a few more mock drafts in me as I wait for the real thing in a few weeks.

Can not wait to see how Elway addresses the needs and how the draft actually falls.

Would most likely have to trade up for Ruggs. And I don't think that they'll take 2 centers and 3 cornerbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Trevon Diggs must be the heaviest CB ever drafted lol.
    My fingers are somewhat big so its hard to type the right keys at times lol

My fingers are somewhat big so it’s hard to type the right keys at times lol
    I tell you what he would definitely get some looks if he could run the time Diggs did at that weight! Good mock by the way I like it a bunch.

Nice effort. I like this draft.

There are a few things I would have done different but I would be happy with this haul. Thanks for taking the time to write it down...

15. WR Henry Ruggs big 6/0 frame with freak of nature type speed.

46. CB Trevon Diggs 6/2 196lbs. 20 tackles 3 INTs 8 PD big physical CB can play man as well as zone.

A- mock in my opinion.
    Only thing Id change is probably add tackle depth at pick 77 like Peart or Bartch. I liked what i saw from Trey Marshall in the final two games last year.

Adding two receivers that bring speed and elusiveness, and big corner to pair with Bouye and Biadiaz at Center would put us in a great spot going into the season.

Good job Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Nice effort. I like this draft.

There are a few things I would have done different but I would be happy with this haul. Thanks for taking the time to write it down...
    Thanks bruh! My goal is not only to fill holes but an attempt to stock pile depth!