Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    14,430
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Would you be open to a draft-day trade with DAL?

    Miller : R1 # 17
    Jerry Jones would do it lol but who we drafting at 17?

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Jerry Jones would do it lol but who are we drafting at 17?
    Gosh, it really depends on who is available at #15 and #17.

    CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,940
    I wouldn’t do it based on cost, very clear he wants a huge payday, and he has posted double digit sacks once in his 4 years and that was on an incredible defense in 2017.

    He is putting up similar numbers to Von right now and Von is on the downside of his career.
    When we replace Von it should be for a young player on a rookie deal not a veteran who is looking to break the bank, we got too many other holes.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    For all these edge rushers to be effective...we need to get pressure up the middle...

    Let’s invest there.
    Our two interior DL combined for 11 sacks and a pro bowl last season... that’s pretty damn good.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Downtown Denver
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    At this point, I would rather have Ngakoue over Miller.

    How many games did Denver go without a sack from Chubb/Miller?

    Answer: too many
    So Ngukoue’s best year had as many sacks as Miller’s worst... yet your argument revolves around sacks...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The only time they'd be on the field together is in base, and that would not be a good base. Fangio's base D uses a decent amount of two gapping by the down linemen (DE,NT,DE), not all the time, but he does use it. Which means they need to take on blocks and defend two gaps. DE's are responsible for B and C gaps, and the NT is responsible for both A gaps. Because of that the down linemen need to be stout and able to take on double teams while not giving up ground. None of the 3 are stout enough to two gap.

    He just doesn't fill a big need at this point.
    BTW....thx for your analysis of the way we defend. It's informative to some of us. I just thought we might be able to have all three play, in a combo of DEs/OLBs. But I am not very wise when it comes to the preferences of specific coaches.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It's a little too draft day for me. There are 30 other teams (aside from Jacksonville and Denver I mean) and almost all of them are looking to get better. So it's hard to get two real favourable trades in a row like that, especially since Jacksonville could get way more by selling their 9th pick and Ngakoue separately.

    As for the comment about most teams trying to get better, I think there are two that are working hard to be bad. Jacksonville, for cap reasons. And I think Carolina is working really really hard at being bad enough to be able to get one of the local college QBs over the next two years. Either Trevor Lawrence from Clemson (where Carolina played their first season in the league) in 2021 or Sam Howell (from UNC) in 2022.

    It depends on where you look by right now those appear to be the top 2 QBs in the next two drafts.
    Are you saying that Kevin Costner could not pull off those incredible trades (after screwing up!!) if he was our GM??? (Haha)

    I should not have mentioned Money Ball however, because that was pretty much how it all went down. I watched the movie again the other night and I loved the way Billy Beane wheeled and dealed, with a tight budget!! One of my fav sports movies.


  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,627
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    So Ngukoue’s best year had as many sacks as Miller’s worst... yet your argument revolves around sacks...
    It also revolves around age (perceived future playing years) and "motor" eye test

    It doesn't necessarily have to be Ngukoue, it could be for K'Lavon Chaisson in R1.

    I get Miller was our SBMVP, but to put your head into the sand and pretend he continues to be that dominant player given his high salary is detrimental to any team.

    I think Miller is a great person (eyeglasses for kids) but I prefer him to take a pay cut or shipped out before too late.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •