Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Miller and Chubb Back Together!! Sackville!!

So glad that Von is healthy, testing negative to the virus!! So glad Chubb is healthy too!!

With a stronger O, who will score more points, and stay on the field longer, and with the additions of Casey and Bouye, along with others....I believe we are going to see a return to Sackville!!

In 2018, Von had 14.5 sacks and a rookie, Chubb, had 12.0!! 2019 was not so kind, given Chubb's situation, and other variables. Von had just 8 sacks, and we all know, he is better than that.

I predict these two gents will put up double digits each this season. Not only are they going to be pumped, but they will be facing teams who might be more behind on the score board than we have seen in some time.

I am excited about the season and the future! The O has had its share of coverage, and rightfully so. But we have a good D, and I am really looking forward to the pain that Von and Chubb will bring, each week. In fact, I think Chubb has a ton of pent up energy to unleash. And as for our gladiator - Miller, never count the dude out. I believe he is not only looking forward to getting it on again, but this recent bout of the virus might have given him even more appreciation of his career, and more so, his strength as a strong, gifted, athletic man. Having said that, I would be posting this regardless of the setback of late.

Von Miller and Bradley Chubb.....QB hunting this fall!!!

Plus with the upgraded D-line...LOOK OUT!!!!!!
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpg2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    Plus with the upgraded D-line...LOOK OUT!!!!!!
    I believe Casey will be pro bowl again!

As for the sack artists, I can see 25 between the two outside studs!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

At least 25 between them
    http://i67.tinypic.com/so4fua.jpg2020 HOFER!!!!
    Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
    PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin27 View Post
    At least 25 between them
    Yessssss….like it!

I've been thinking so much O since last season that I finally realized what we have on D. I believe our O will jump forward, but I must admit, the sack game may be just as exciting! For some stupid reason, Von's recent bout with illness also woke me to the fact that he is still a premier OLB! And Chubb, as a rookie, was a terror!!

Miller is due for another breakout year. I hope.
    Casey and Agim need to create pressure that evaded Denver last year.

His tackles have straight declined the past four years,
    while his sacks totals seem somewhat bipolar.

I'm hoping 19 sacks, 5 FF with 60 tackles for Miller alone.
    An interception or two would be cool.

Chubb: 16 sacks, 3 FF with 45 tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Miller is due for another breakout year. I hope.
    Casey and Agim need to create pressure that evaded Denver last year.

His tackles have straight declined the past four years,
    while his sacks totals seem somewhat bipolar.

I'm hoping 19 sacks, 5 FF with 60 tackles for Miller alone.
    An interception or two would be cool.

Chubb: 16 sacks, 3 FF with 45 tackles.
    35 sacks! Hey, I would be down with that!!

Fangio drops his lbs into coverage alot. They would have to be special to hit that. Now you could see casey hit career highs for sacks just cause fangio likes getting most his pressure form the dline. I think miller may end up in third in sacks on the team cause they just rush 4 with miller dropping into coverage which increases Casey's and chubbs sacks but lowers Miller's

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Fangio drops his lbs into coverage alot. They would have to be special to hit that. Now you could see casey hit career highs for sacks just cause fangio likes getting most his pressure form the dline. I think miller may end up in third in sacks on the team cause they just rush 4 with miller dropping into coverage which increases Casey's and chubbs sacks but lowers Miller's
    I actually am quite happy if other player totals increase, even if one or two other players decline. Of course we normally think of Von and now Chubb as passer "terrors", and they might still be, but team output is pretty cool by me.

Interesting stats that I was a bit surprised to see. Team sacks:

2015 - 52 (1st)
    2016 - 42
    2017 - 33
    2018 - 44
    2019 - 40

In fact, we only had 4 more sacks in '18 (over '19) when Chubb joined Von. Yes, it's a team situation. 2017 was clearly a down year.

But I do look forward to the combo back together again!

Last edited by CanDB; 05-02-2020 at 08:29 AM.

I actually am quite happy if other player totals increase, even if one or two other players decline. Of course we normally think of Von and now Chubb as passer "terrors", and they might still be, but team output is pretty cool by me.

2015 - 52 (1st)
    2016 - 42
    2017 - 33
    2018 - 44
    2019 - 40

In fact, we only had 4 more sacks in '18 (over '19) when Chubb joined Von. Yes, it's a team situation. 2017 was clearly a down year.

Either way Casey may hit double digits and I wouldn't be surprised to see 5+ for harris and jones or walker. Fangio defense seems to suit dends getting sacks and pass rush.

Wolfe had the most sacks of his nfl career last year. Akeim Hicks was a key kog for the bears pass rush under fangio

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Either way Casey may hit double digits and I wouldn't be surprised to see 5+ for harris and jones or walker. Fangio defense seems to suit dends getting sacks and pass rush.

Wolfe had the most sacks of his nfl career last year. Akeim Hicks was a key kog for the bears pass rush under fangio
    And ultimately, though I played with the topic of 2 pass rushers going wild...it's a lot about "pressure" and coverage. Sacks and pics are "sexy" (ha ha, I expect some interesting responses now) but making life hard for QBs is where it starts.

Not sure who I am more happy to see in a Bronco uni next year...Chubb or Casey. Our first few games were learning Vic's scheme so it was a big shame to not be able to see Chubb in there as our defense started to execute better.

Glad we have some depth at pass rush because it seems we trying to put together a higher scoring offense and a defense that can rush the passer.

2015 - 52 (1st)
    2016 - 42
    2017 - 33
    2018 - 44
    2019 - 40

All that sack work in 2019 came after a few games of sack scarcity. The fact we finished 8th overall in sacks is pretty amazing.

And ultimately, though I played with the topic of 2 pass rushers going wild...it's a lot about "pressure" and coverage. Sacks and pics are "sexy" (ha ha, I expect some interesting responses now) but making life hard for QBs is where it starts.
    One of the things that really helped us in 2015 was the timing of the pass rush...which I guess is always better when it happens more often.

I remember many times when opposing offenses started to gain momentum our guys would either sack the QB or put pressure on....sometimes the pressure allowed the defense to make plays. As much as Von was a terror that year offenses would find ways to get him under control but than we would see Ware or Malik step up and keep the offense off balance.

I would say the picks are the result, not just a “sexy” part of making life difficult for the QB. Sacking the QB is making life hard on them.

Take the ball away, take a drive away. take a scoring opportunity away.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich