Von Miller Apreciation thread

i feel this is needed. to many people are talking bad about him. he is a great player. probably a first ballot Hall of famer
    he is the Broncos Sack leader all time(106.5)
    he is tied at 25 all time nfl history for sacks
    he is one of 10 Defensive players to be named Super bowl MVP
    he is one of the top pass Rushers in the nfl
    he is probably (at least should be) a first ballot HOFer
    he will make the broncos ring of fame for sure
    he is the best pass rusher the broncos has ever had
    He is a good guy and has helped denver and the community sense he has been here.
    he is a leader of the team

Thank you Von Miller for all your hard work, a mile Salute goes to you

PS this is a positive thread about miller please don't post negitive things. this is about appreciating his time as a bronco and the thrills he has given us as one of the best pass rushers of this past decade,

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Von Miller is quite the success story. I remember when he was suspended for PEDs and then tore his ACL back in 2013. With hard work and the guidance of DeMarcus Ware, the “kid” has become an all-time Broncos great. I had never seen a streak of defensive dominance until I saw Von absolutely tear it up in the 2015 SB-winning run.

When it is all said and done, I think Von Miller goes down as the 2nd greatest Bronco of all time right behind Mr. John Elway himself. With the likes of Reggie White and Cameron Wake playing at a high level to about age 38, we can still expect at least 5-7 top-tier years from Von.

He is the undoubted leader of the team. From reaching out to the new draft picks, facilitating team-bonding activities, and holding pass-rushing summits, Von has essentially become the LeBron James for the Denver Broncos. In every all-access video, he’s leading the huddles and giving the speeches. When Von talks, people listen. With the departure of CHJ, Von is now the longest-tenured Bronco on the team by far.

I’m truly excited to see what the next few years holds for Von with this team. With another year in Fangio’s system and having Jurrell Casey and a healthy Bradley Chubb with him, the sky is the limit. I went back and watched some of the All-22 film on NFL GamePass (free until May 31st— I might add) and Miller was every bit as explosive and disruptive as he has been. Miller has shown no signs of age. He’s here to stay and I hope we are able to get him another ring here in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Von Miller is quite the success story. I remember when he was suspended for PEDs and then tore his ACL back in 2013. With hard work and the guidance of DeMarcus Ware, the “kid” has become an all-time Broncos great. I had never seen a streak of defensive dominance until I saw Von absolutely tear it up in the 2015 SB-winning run.

When it is all said and done, I think Von Miller goes down as the 2nd greatest Bronco of all time right behind Mr. John Elway himself. With the likes of Reggie White and Cameron Wake playing at a high level to about age 38, we can still expect at least 5-7 top-tier years from Von.

He is the undoubted leader of the team. From reaching out to the new draft picks, facilitating team-bonding activities, and holding pass-rushing summits, Von has essentially become the LeBron James for the Denver Broncos. In every all-access video, he’s leading the huddles and giving the speeches. When Von talks, people listen. With the departure of CHJ, Von is now the longest-tenured Bronco on the team by far.

I’m truly excited to see what the next few years holds for Von with this team. With another year in Fangio’s system and having Jurrell Casey and a healthy Bradley Chubb with him, the sky is the limit. I went back and watched some of the All-22 film on NFL GamePass (free until May 31st— I might add) and Miller was every bit as explosive and disruptive as he has been. Miller has shown no signs of age. He’s here to stay and I hope we are able to get him another ring here in Denver.
    Von was suspended for violating the leagues substance abuse policy ( he cheated the test), not PED’s.
    Your right he could have easily became Aldon Smith 2.0, Elway bringing in Ware was brilliant! Elway got a pro bowl OLB and a sponsor for Von.

This will be the best defense Von has played with since 2016, and if our offense can put up points we could see him have a breakout season.

If he doesn’t have a great year with his cap hit next year, it will be time to move on if he doesn’t take a pay cut or re-structure.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 04-01-2020 at 06:18 AM.

Excellent move to draft him and fortunate to still have him. Quality man and team mate.

What a pleasure to know he will definitely be in "Bronco Ring of Fame" and hopefully the "NFL Hall of Fame".
    Utah Bronco Freak

This from NFL.com just shows in the mindst of the get rid of him agendas, how great he actually is!

Disruption rate: 14.4%. Sack rate: 1.9%. Total disruptions: 60. Sacks: 8.

Surprised? We are too, a little. Miller posted his first single-digit sack season since 2013 and only recorded 46 tackles. While not as dominant as he's been for much of his career, Miller still made an impact over the stretch of his 791 total defensive snaps in 2019. His 52 QB pressures were 29 more than the next closest Bronco (Derek Wolfe), proving the three-time All-Pro was still the man in Denver. And it's an achievement for Miller, who turned 31 in March, to remain one of the league's most efficient disruptors, posting a better rate than the likes of Joey Bosa (14.0%), DeMarcus Lawrence (13.9%), Yannick Ngakoue (13.8%) and T.J. Watt (13.4%). A closing note on Miller's success over the last four seasons: His 235 QB pressures since 2016 lead all edge defenders and are second in the NFL only to Aaron Donald. His QB pressure rate during that same span (14%) ranks No. 1 across the league (min. 1,000 pass rushes).
    On his "PED" claims - he was busted for smoking pot and trying to cheat on a urine test. I will never understand that PED's that are about cheating in the game, and substance abuse which makes you a worse performer are treated under the same NFL rules. PED's should be treated as ex. in cycling with a 2 year suspension.

Jeez. You scared me. Another site I go to has appreciation threads when players leave the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Jeez. You scared me. Another site I go to has appreciation threads when players leave the team. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.
    I assumed Miller was traded too and was excited to read what Denver received in return.

Von Miller is an elite player, and I am so glad we drafted him! I remember that draft year and how we were speculating about who to choose at #2. But Miller's stock was rising, and I was very hopeful. Great decision! This is a player that has been dominant throughout most of his career, and was a bit of a one man wrecking crew in our championship run (though he did have a great support group as well!). One of the best SB performances ever.

When he came here, I was not sure if he'd still be here. Wasn't sure about his personality and his references to Texas. But as each year moved forward, he became more and more the player face of the team. He became more personable from my perspective, and it became clear he loved being a Bronco.

The stats speak for themselves. He is a Hall of Famer, and a champion. I believe in him, and I think he will surprise this year, motivated further by the stronger O, and playing with mates like Chubb, Casey and Simmons...and the entire Broncos D.

Go get 'em Von!!!

I always appreciate Von Miller, just look at my sig!
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i feel this is needed. to many people are talking bad about him. he is a great player. probably a first ballot Hall of famer
    he is the Broncos Sack leader all time(106.5)
    he is tied at 25 all time nfl history for sacks
    he is one of 10 Defensive players to be named Super bowl MVP
    he is one of the top pass Rushers in the nfl
    he is probably (at least should be) a first ballot HOFer
    he will make the broncos ring of fame for sure
    he is the best pass rusher the broncos has ever had
    He is a good guy and has helped denver and the community sense he has been here.
    he is a leader of the team

Thank you Von Miller for all your hard work, a mile Salute goes to you

PS this is a positive thread about miller please don't post negitive things. this is about appreciating his time as a bronco and the thrills he has given us as one of the best pass rushers of this past decade,
    Miller finished the 2010's decade leading all players in the NFL in sacks too.

I am still amazed at his performances in the AFC Final and The SB victory, when he had a total of 5 Sacks, 2 Forced Fumbles, 1 Interception and 11 total tackles, as well as all kinds of pressure, against Brady and Newton.

I don't think Newton has been quite right since.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I don't think Newton has been quite right since.
    Whether it's been injuries or whatever, 2015 was indeed his last good season.

"I've set my laser from stun to kill."

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    This from NFL.com just shows in the mindst of the get rid of him agendas, how great he actually is!

On his "PED" claims - he was busted for smoking pot and trying to cheat on a urine test. I will never understand that PED's that are about cheating in the game, and substance abuse which makes you a worse performer are treated under the same NFL rules. PED's should be treated as ex. in cycling with a 2 year suspension.
    Disruption rate: 14.4%. Sack rate: 1.9%. Total disruptions: 60. Sacks: 8.

Surprised? We are too, a little. Miller posted his first single-digit sack season since 2013 and only recorded 46 tackles. While not as dominant as he's been for much of his career, Miller still made an impact over the stretch of his 791 total defensive snaps in 2019. His 52 QB pressures were 29 more than the next closest Bronco (Derek Wolfe), proving the three-time All-Pro was still the man in Denver. And it's an achievement for Miller, who turned 31 in March, to remain one of the league's most efficient disruptors, posting a better rate than the likes of Joey Bosa (14.0%), DeMarcus Lawrence (13.9%), Yannick Ngakoue (13.8%) and T.J. Watt (13.4%). A closing note on Miller's success over the last four seasons: His 235 QB pressures since 2016 lead all edge defenders and are second in the NFL only to Aaron Donald. His QB pressure rate during that same span (14%) ranks No. 1 across the league (min. 1,000 pass rushes).
    The entire defense started the first month of 2019 slow in terms of numbers so I was surprised to see Von top ten in any pass rushing stat in 2019. The fact his QB pressures were twice as many as any other Bronco shows how badly we missed Chubb.