Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hey gang....do any of you think that Lamb should get some points for best WR over the other two, because they played on the same team. In other words, did Jeudy and Ruggs gain by having defenders have to watch both, at the same time? Imagine how hard it was for DBacks to cover them both.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey gang....do any of you think that Lamb should get some points for best WR over the other two, because they played on the same team. In other words, did Jeudy and Ruggs gain by having defenders have to watch both, at the same time? Imagine how hard it was for DBacks to cover them both.
    Not necessarily. Each defender has their own individual assignments to execute, I think itís more of a reflection on opposing DCs to plan and scheme against them accordingly. What I give Lamb credit for was his consistent production with three different QBs (Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts). When Hollywood Brown was there, I thought Lamb was the better WR. I think Lamb has the most WR1 potential out of the Top 3. Jeudy has the skills to be a WR1 threat, but he slots in as an exceptional complimentary piece to Sutton. I think Jeudy and Ruggs benefited a lot from having the most talented WR room in the country (DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle would be Round 1-2 picks in this draft), but they showed a ton of playmaking ability and produced when given the opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Not necessarily. Each defender has their own individual assignments to execute, I think it’s more of a reflection on opposing DCs to plan and scheme against them accordingly. What I give Lamb credit for was his consistent production with three different QBs (Mayfield, Murray, and Hurts). When Hollywood Brown was there, I thought Lamb was the better WR. I think Lamb has the most WR1 potential out of the Top 3. Jeudy has the skills to be a WR1 threat, but he slots in as an exceptional complimentary piece to Sutton. I think Jeudy and Ruggs benefited a lot from having the most talented WR room in the country (DeVonta Smith and Jaylen Waddle would be Round 1-2 picks in this draft), but they showed a ton of playmaking ability and produced when given the opportunities.
    Thx for that. I am not as tuned in as many of you when it comes to college ball, so I appreciate the feedback. It just struck me that 2 outstanding WRs on the same team might benefit, given Ds can only cover so much talent. But it's just a guess on my part.

Thx for that. I am not as tuned in as many of you when it comes to college ball, so I appreciate the feedback. It just struck me that 2 outstanding WRs on the same team might benefit, given Ds can only cover so much talent. But it's just a guess on my part.
    Jeudy and Ruggs also benefited by having Harris at RB, a stout line and Tua/Jones at QB. Most teams who play Bama, except teams like LSU, donít have DBs to matchup with Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle. Defenses had to respect the run and the slightest bite on play action would put their DBs out of position. For that matter most DBs didnít have a chance when they did everything right. Bamaís line gives the receivers and QB enough time to run their routes.

Now, this isnít taking anything away from guys like Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle. They are very good receivers and made a ton of plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Jeudy and Ruggs also benefited by having Harris at RB, a stout line and Tua/Jones at QB. Most teams who play Bama, except teams like LSU, don’t have DBs to matchup with Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle. Defenses had to respect the run and the slightest bite on play action would put their DBs out of position. For that matter most DBs didn’t have a chance when they did everything right. Bama’s line gives the receivers and QB enough time to run their routes.

Now, this isn’t taking anything away from guys like Jeudy, Ruggs and Waddle. They are very good receivers and made a ton of plays.
    also had WR devante smith he started with ruggs and jeudy what an offense going to have at least 4 first rounders

Once the top 3 WRs are gone (assuming it's the combo of Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs), I can see a guy like Jefferson become really popular!

Once the top 3 WRs are gone (assuming it's the combo of Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs), I can see a guy like Jefferson become really popular!
    I really like him. I think Jefferson can start right away in our offense and become Lock's reliable target during his rookie year. If we miss out on the top 3 receivers, I would probably want to trade down and get Jefferson, but I would not oppose taking him at #15.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

I really like him. I think Jefferson can start right away in our offense and become Lock's reliable target during his rookie year. If we miss out on the top 3 receivers, I would probably want to trade down and get Jefferson, but I would not oppose taking him at #15.
    Lots of options!! Luv it!!

I'm starting to believe the only way we go WR in Rd1 would be Jeudy or Jefferson. Jeudy has been the best WR in College for some time and is so smooth he makes it look easy. The best route runner in the draft will plug right in and start catching balls....the problem is he is exactly what the Raiders thought they had in Brown. I don't think he gets past Gruden.

Jeffersons production on the best team in the Nation was incredible. He is a perfect player to play opposite of Sutton. Sutton outside X on the LOS with Fant and Jeffersons motion inside would be so tough to defend.

I was enamored with Ruggs, but I dont think we would do it... KJ Hamler has some Reggie Bush/Desean Jackson mix to his game and can be had later. I know Elway was in attendance for the PSU/OSU game this year (likely to see Okudah) but Hamler showed toughness and had a pretty good game after not being expected to play. He will be a big weapon in the right offense.

We don't need an X, so draft capital cost/ team needs considered I would change my 5 to the following.
    Jeudy- rd1
    Jefferson- rd1
    Shenault- rd2
    Hamler- rd2
    Aiyuk- rd2

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I'm starting to believe the only way we go WR in Rd1 would be Jeudy or Jefferson. Jeudy has been the best WR in College for some time and is so smooth he makes it look easy. The best route runner in the draft will plug right in and start catching balls....the problem is he is exactly what the Raiders thought they had in Brown. I don't think he gets past Gruden.

Jeffersons production on the best team in the Nation was incredible. He is a perfect player to play opposite of Sutton. Sutton outside X on the LOS with Fant and Jeffersons motion inside would be so tough to defend.

I was enamored with Ruggs, but I dont think we would do it... KJ Hamler has some Reggie Bush/Desean Jackson mix to his game and can be had later. I know Elway was in attendance for the PSU/OSU game this year (likely to see Okudah) but Hamler showed toughness and had a pretty good game after not being expected to play. He will be a big weapon in the right offense.

We don't need an X, so draft capital cost/ team needs considered I would change my 5 to the following.
    Jeudy- rd1
    Jefferson- rd1
    Shenault- rd2
    Hamler- rd2
    Aiyuk- rd2
    I noticed you were the only one in the 2018 draft thread that predicted Hamilton to us in the 4th round. I know you watch PSU, so do you think Hamler would be a good fit in Shurmurís offense? If we draft Hamler, do you think he or Hamilton plays slot?

I tend to agree with you on Jeudy and Jefferson. They are ideal compliments to Sutton in terms of skill-set and what they bring to the offense.

I noticed you were the only one in the 2018 draft thread that predicted Hamilton to us in the 4th round. I know you watch PSU, so do you think Hamler would be a good fit in Shurmur’s offense? If we draft Hamler, do you think he or Hamilton plays slot?

I tend to agree with you on Jeudy and Jefferson. They are ideal compliments to Sutton in terms of skill-set and what they bring to the offense.

Hamler would play in the slot in Shurmurs offense.....at PSU he really wasn't pressed at the line much because he would burn guys -so putting him in motion is really best imo. All it will take is a couple times being beat before teams will have to shift some help. That to me seems like exactly what we are looking for. A guy who can draw away from Fant and Sutton for 1v1s.
    Not to mention he would give us an instant boost to the return game.

I saw a scouting report with a good description for Hamler......."plays like an angry Chihuahua". That's pretty accurate imo, but I think people need to know the toughness he plays with as well.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Hamler would play in the slot in Shurmurs offense.....at PSU he really wasn't pressed at the line much because he would burn guys -so putting him in motion is really best imo. All it will take is a couple times being beat before teams will have to shift some help. That to me seems like exactly what we are looking for. A guy who can draw away from Fant and Sutton for 1v1s.
    Not to mention he would give us an instant boost to the return game.

I saw a scouting report with a good description for Hamler......."plays like an angry Chihuahua". That's pretty accurate imo, but I think people need to know the toughness he plays with as well.
    He sounds like a difference maker who has the ability to make defenses respect him early on. I know you liken him to Tyreek Hill, and I would hope we use him in the same wayó lots of motion and lining him up to exploit mismatches or certain looks from the defense. Even better that he can contribute and be a home run threat in the return game. I like the fact that he plays with the tenacity that you mention, that attitude and toughness is what our WR room needs since Sanders left.

One thing Iím worried about is Hamlerís 16.9% drop rate for his career. Were these drops a significant problem for the offense? Do you think his crazy playmaking ability makes up for them?

If we trade back trying to get Jefferson I don't think it could be past 20, and that would probably be so Jacksonville can get Kinlaw before the Falcons take him. That's actually possible, I think. Could also be so they can get a corner before Atlanta, Dallas, or Oakland does, I wouldn't leave Jefferson on the board for Philadelphia.

That's actually not a bad idea if we really like Jefferson. I think I'd still rather just take Ruggs at 15 if he's there, but that'd be a real debate for me. I wouldn't do it unless there was somebody else I really liked at 20, because of the risk involved though.

Without looking at who has what picks after the 1st, another possibility is trading back with Dallas or Miami if they really like somebody, and then using the later pick(s) we get to move back up. I just don't know how well trades are going to work with everyone drafting from home, or what have you. I expected them to increase the time between picks, and just start the telecast coverage early, but I haven't seen anything about that. Maybe it'll be smoother than I'm expecting. Who knows.

He sounds like a difference maker who has the ability to make defenses respect him early on. I know you liken him to Tyreek Hill, and I would hope we use him in the same way— lots of motion and lining him up to exploit mismatches or certain looks from the defense. Even better that he can contribute and be a home run threat in the return game. I like the fact that he plays with the tenacity that you mention, that attitude and toughness is what our WR room needs since Sanders left.

One thing I’m worried about is Hamler’s 16.9% drop rate for his career. Were these drops a significant problem for the offense? Do you think his crazy playmaking ability makes up for them?
    Tyreek Hill is special...really the only thing that puts Ruggs and Hamler in a discussion with him -is their deadly speed. Hamler wasn't a high volume guy and there is no certainty he will be able to withstand that. What really made him such a valuable piece was the respect he got from defenses. Teams would overplay him, which trickled directly down to the TE having such a great year. As for the drops, TBH I'm surprised to hear it at that....he certainly never gave the feeling of a guy struggling at any point. I wonder how that number relates to the percentage of deep passes etc.

Teams may be hesitant to draft Hamler high without much combine work and no pre draft workouts. If that happens he is going to slide right into that part of the draft (3rd) where we have multiple picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    If we trade back trying to get Jefferson I don't think it could be past 20, and that would probably be so Jacksonville can get Kinlaw before the Falcons take him. That's actually possible, I think. Could also be so they can get a corner before Atlanta, Dallas, or Oakland does, I wouldn't leave Jefferson on the board for Philadelphia..
    Jefferson looks more and more impressive every time I watch him. His production was unreal and teams were gunning for them with everything they had. I wouldn't be surprised if looking back on this draft in a few years that he leads this class of WRs.