Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I could get on board with that. I think Jones has the most potential to overtake Bolles and start at LT during his rookie year. Do I think any of them will be better than Bolles right now? Probably not. But Jones, Cleveland, and even Jackson are all ideal developmental OTs and Munchak could do wonders with them. I would rather trade back and take an OT than sit at #15 and reach for one.
    I agree with you that they are probably not better than Bolles now, but we have a year to grow and who knows what to expect from James.

Quote Originally Posted by S037474 View Post
    I'll take any of them BUT RUGGS, speed is overrated! The best receivers of all times are not that fast!
    Ruggs is way more than just speed. Speed is just an added bonus of how good he really is as a WR.

1. Ruggs
    2. Jeudy
    3. Lamb
    4. Jefferson
    5. Mims

Jefferson is growing on me.

1. Jeudy
    2. Jefferson
    3. Ruggs
    4. Lamb
    5. Mims

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Jefferson is growing on me.

1. Jeudy
    2. Jefferson
    3. Ruggs
    4. Lamb
    5. Mims
    1. Jeudy
    2. Lamb
    3. Aiyuk
    4. Ruggs
    5. Mims

Fair points made. So letís say OT1 goes to NYG/AZ, OT2 goes to AZ/CLE, OT3 goes to CLE/NYJ, and OT4 goes to NYJ/TB. Do you want to reach for OT5 Josh Jones at #15 over one of the ďshiny WRsĒ? Because Miami after us is definitely in play for Jones as well.
    I donít believe four tackles will be taken through #14. Two to three off the board by the time the Broncos pick. I guess four could be gone but thatís unlikely IMO. At that point pick BPA or trade down. I donít think itís a reach to pick a CJ Henderson, Kenneth Murray KíLavon Chaisson or Patrick Queen. If Elway really wants an OT, trade down for Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I donít believe four tackles will be taken through #14. Two to three off the board by the time the Broncos pick. I guess four could be gone but thatís unlikely IMO. At that point pick BPA or trade down. I donít think itís a reach to pick a CJ Henderson, Kenneth Murray KíLavon Chaisson or Patrick Queen. If Elway really wants an OT, trade down for Jones.
    We shall see. You made a great point about how OT is one of the most difficult positions to find talent. All those teams I mentioned have a need at OT and their respective fanbases feel similarly as you do. As much as I like to obsess over the top-end talent of the WRs, the top-end talent at OT is excellent as well. If 2-3 OTs are picked before us, and letís say Andrew Thomas is the one left on the board... I would have a tough choice, especially if a top WR is on the board. Since Thomas has been my personal OT1 all year long, he would be my pick.

Out of the receivers that most predict to go in the 2nd-3rd rounds, I like the potential of Tyler Johnson (Minnesota) and Michael Pittman Jr. (USC).

We shall see. You made a great point about how OT is one of the most difficult positions to find talent. All those teams I mentioned have a need at OT and their respective fanbases feel similarly as you do. As much as I like to obsess over the top-end talent of the WRs, the top-end talent at OT is excellent as well. If 2-3 OTs are picked before us, and letís say Andrew Thomas is the one left on the board... I would have a tough choice, especially if a top WR is on the board. Since Thomas has been my personal OT1 all year long, he would be my pick.
    On the side of taking about a receiver, maybe one of them is the BPA at #15. For whatever reason, maybe Iím not thinking of a skill position as potential BPA. Either way if we get a player who makes the roster better, thatís the main thing.

By the way your posts have provided quality input about the draft. Keep the comments coming.

If we did trade down I'd love Justin Jefferson. You'd have to not be a college football fan to have not seen him yet, but his route running, competitiveness, and hands are all very good. He ran a low 4.4 at the combine as well. I think he'd be a great compliment to what we have on offense.

Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    If we did trade down I'd love Justin Jefferson. You'd have to not be a college football fan to have not seen him yet, but his route running, competitiveness, and hands are all very good. He ran a low 4.4 at the combine as well. I think he'd be a great compliment to what we have on offense.
    I watched LSU play several games and he would definitely be a nice addition.

I am getting fixed in a certain way of Draft thought. I have lost my need for one of the top 3, rather I group them as one, and would be happy with either of them, if we go 15, or trade up slightly (but only if all 3 will be gone at 15).

And because we need a WR, once we go beyond the group of 3, as I call them, I would expect we either trade back or go 2nd round for one of the many talented receivers in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am getting fixed in a certain way of Draft thought. I have lost my need for one of the top 3, rather I group them as one, and would be happy with either of them, if we go 15, or trade up slightly (but only if all 3 will be gone at 15).

And because we need a WR, once we go beyond the group of 3, as I call them, I would expect we either trade back or go 2nd round for one of the many talented receivers in this draft.
    Yep this is a deep draft for receivers, there is some logic in taking an OT at 15 and a receiver in round 2. I would be worried if we got to our round 2 pick and there were slim pickings at receiver.

btw, how come your on probation (thats normally my job lol) if you don't mind me asking ?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

Tend to be thinking the same. I "want" Ruggs but would not be disappointed if Jeudy, Lamb or even Jefferson was the pick.

Started paying attention to Jefferson a bit more after a discussion last week. I am including him in that top tier grouping. Fourth IMO but still the elite playmaker that the Broncos need. And in all honesty, I would not be too confident in being able to trade back and still have him as a target. Teams right behind the Broncos may not be so willing to trade up or they might be targeting the same players. Jefferson among them.

Several really good players should be available at 15 and the trade back strategy has its appeal. But in the end I'm sticking with the WRs.

Give me Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb or Jefferson at #15. Then double dip in the 4th/5th with a Duvernay, Watkins, Hightower. Adds some serious speed/big play potential to the WR room and allows Patrick, Hamilton, maybe Winfree the space to be the complimentary players they are.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Tend to be thinking the same. I "want" Ruggs but would not be disappointed if Jeudy, Lamb or even Jefferson was the pick.

Started paying attention to Jefferson a bit more after a discussion last week. I am including him in that top tier grouping. Fourth IMO but still the elite playmaker that the Broncos need. And in all honesty, I would not be too confident in being able to trade back and still have him as a target. Teams right behind the Broncos may not be so willing to trade up or they might be targeting the same players. Jefferson among them.

Several really good players should be available at 15 and the trade back strategy has its appeal. But in the end I'm sticking with the WRs.

Give me Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb or Jefferson at #15. Then double dip in the 4th/5th with a Duvernay, Watkins, Hightower. Adds some serious speed/big play potential to the WR room and allows Patrick, Hamilton, maybe Winfree the space to be the complimentary players they are.
    I saw how Jefferson went pretty high in one mock, and that was a while back when I was hardly hearing about him. As I recall, he was big in big games. Sounds like a good barometer. So yeah, I think he could go by the early 20s.

Strong, strong, strong WR group!!!

I think trading back could land us a Jefferson, and added currency. Sounds like you would endorse that.