My First (and possibly only) Ever Mock Draft

I'm doing this on The Draft Network, using their predictive board, all Broncos picks selected by me, everything else simulated. No trades made, mainly because I'm not paying for the premium.

I'll give my reasoning for each pick, along with other considerations at that pick.

15. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama. Elite WR, position of need. All top OT and other WRs off the board.
    46. Trevon Diggs CB Alabama. Big zone corner, position of need. Other considerations Marlon Davidson DL, and Jeremy Chinn S. Doubtful Elway drafts 2 Alabama players back to back
    77. Isaiah Wilson OT Georgia. Big Tackle, picked for depth and development. Other considerations Wanagho OT, Peart OT.
    83. Akeem Davis-Gaither LB Appalachian State. Undersized LB, drafted to develop as a coverage LB. Also picked to be a core special teamer.
    95. Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin. Drafted to be the starting Center for the next 10 years.
    118. Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky. Drafted because he's a jack of all trades offensively. Can do a lot of different things with him. Great athlete. Also drafted to be the KO and punt returner.
    178. Antoine Brooks Jr. S Maryland. Physical tone setting strong safety. Projects to being elite at covering kicks.
    181. Tanner Muse S Clemson. Because of his size (6'2 230) I would consider moving him to LB, and hoping he can turn into someone who can cover. Also another Special Teams player.
    252. Jon Runyan OT Michigan. This pick is based on his father and the system he comes from. I think Mike Munchak will love this pick, and this will turn out to be gold.
    254. Carter Coughlin Edge Minnesota. This gives Denver more depth rushing the passer, and not to sound like a broken record, but he's projected as a core Special Teams player.

From this draft I see a minimum of 2.5 day one starters. Jeudy, Biadiasz and Diggs (Denver plays a lot of nickel as base so he can be considered a starter). 3 players that can help protect the QB. Some juice for the offense in two receivers, 1 of whom is electric and will return kicks. And 4 players minimum (Diggs and Bowden may also fit in) who will give an enormous boost to the Special Teams in coverage.

Thoughts?

I like it I am not sure Diggs or wilson will be there then I have Diggs as a late first and Wilson as a late second. But taking that I would love this draft

I am not for a WR first..but if that’s what’s left there at our pick.. then you go there...

The rest I like!
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Good effort!

I like it for the most part. I like WR, CB, Oline and LB in the top 100 picks. And overall I like the position picks.

I see you did not go DT, so I take it you are good to go with what we have. It's fine, because if I took one, it would not be early.

My goal is for 3 starters. Hey, you are 0.5 short of that, so I won't get snarky.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good effort!

I like it for the most part. I like WR, CB, Oline and LB in the top 100 picks. And overall I like the position picks.

I see you did not go DT, so I take it you are good to go with what we have. It's fine, because if I took one, it would not be early.

My goal is for 3 starters. Hey, you are 0.5 short of that, so I won't get snarky.
    I was actually surprised I didn't pick one, because normally I do. It was just how the draft played out. I was kind of emphasizing Special Teams, because I'm tired of them being below average at best. But it's likely that they draft someone at some point. And I doubt they end up with this many picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I was actually surprised I didn't pick one, because normally I do. It was just how the draft played out. I was kind of emphasizing Special Teams, because I'm tired of them being below average at best. But it's likely that they draft someone at some point. And I doubt they end up with this many picks.
    So you thinking a trade up or two perhaps? Use some of that currency to go get better players. I am totally good with that, as long as we retain our share of good picks throughout the draft. And I for one would not mind a trade back if it translates to more solid picks in the first two days of the draft. In other words, lets not add picks overall, but max return on the picks we end up with. I can see at least 3 starters if we take that approach.