Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Your right on Queen, most mocks have him around 24 to the Saints, although some have him top 10 like the CBS mock a few days ago. The blurb on Queen was -

Queen isn't often mocked in the top-10, but he should be. Queen can do it all as a three-down linebacker with blitzing capabilities who is best used as an off-ball LB.

Murray is moving up draft boards and will go higher then some people think. I only have him at 19 but I have seen a few mocks where we grab him at 15.

I guess with mocks there are always selections in the draft that people see as a surprise, its predicting which players will go higher/lower then the general consensus.
    if queen and simmons both go super early. i think the ravens will be looking to trade up for Murray. he is the ideal fit at ILB for them.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if queen and simmons both go super early. i think the ravens will be looking to trade up for Murray. he is the ideal fit at ILB for them.
    yea good shout, he would be a great fit in Baltimore

I think Arizona will go OT, but I could be wrong. I just don't see the point in wasting an early pick on defensive players for that team. That team is all about offense and tempo, and they need beef up front to get into the end zone. Their red zone offense was terrible last year, and if they get that fixed, they're going to score a ton of points.

I don't think Okudah will make it past SF. Detroit, Carolina, Jacksonville, and SF could all take him. I could even see him going early, and SF taking Henderson. I think Detroit is basically staring at Okudah or Simmons. If they trade back with Miami (which would require LA making an effort to get Tagovailoa), there's an outside chance that NY takes Simmons. I doubt it though. NY has welded their wagon to Daniel Jones. Beyond that, I think Carolina takes either Okudah or Brown, and Jacksonville, who has a lot of the same needs Carolina does, would likely take whatever's left. That could be Kinlaw if Okudah and Brown are off the board. If they really like somebody still on the board when LA picks at 6, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Jacksonville trade up with LA to steal somebody from Carolina. I don't see them worrying about Herbert going anywhere, because Oakland needs to take Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. SF could do a lot of different things, and I hope one of them is not trading back to 15.

Other than that, I think this is a really good mock, and can't disagree with much of anything else, except maybe Queen going that high. I can see a team that is not in win now mode taking him that high though, because he's got a ton of upside. I do think there's a really good chance of the 4th OT still being on the board at 15. I don't really know who that would be though. If I had to guess, Thomas. The Jaguars and Buccaneers could both potentially screw us in that regard, though. I had convinced myself Ruggs would still be on the board until SF traded themselves into 13. That can go a lot of ways. Either way though, I think somebody's going to fall to us, and we'll be able to address a need at 15. If JE doesn't like the value, trade back. No biggie.

How sweet a move would it be for LA though, if they got Simmons and then traded back up to get Herbert?

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think Arizona will go OT, but I could be wrong. I just don't see the point in wasting an early pick on defensive players for that team. That team is all about offense and tempo, and they need beef up front to get into the end zone. Their red zone offense was terrible last year, and if they get that fixed, they're going to score a ton of points.

I don't think Okudah will make it past SF. Detroit, Carolina, Jacksonville, and SF could all take him. I could even see him going early, and SF taking Henderson. I think Detroit is basically staring at Okudah or Simmons. If they trade back with Miami (which would require LA making an effort to get Tagovailoa), there's an outside chance that NY takes Simmons. I doubt it though. NY has welded their wagon to Daniel Jones. Beyond that, I think Carolina takes either Okudah or Brown, and Jacksonville, who has a lot of the same needs Carolina does, would likely take whatever's left. That could be Kinlaw if Okudah and Brown are off the board. If they really like somebody still on the board when LA picks at 6, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Jacksonville trade up with LA to steal somebody from Carolina. I don't see them worrying about Herbert going anywhere, because Oakland needs to take Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. SF could do a lot of different things, and I hope one of them is not trading back to 15.

Other than that, I think this is a really good mock, and can't disagree with much of anything else, except maybe Queen going that high. I can see a team that is not in win now mode taking him that high though, because he's got a ton of upside. I do think there's a really good chance of the 4th OT still being on the board at 15. I don't really know who that would be though. If I had to guess, Thomas. The Jaguars and Buccaneers could both potentially screw us in that regard, though. I had convinced myself Ruggs would still be on the board until SF traded themselves into 13. That can go a lot of ways. Either way though, I think somebody's going to fall to us, and we'll be able to address a need at 15. If JE doesn't like the value, trade back. No biggie.

How sweet a move would it be for LA though, if they got Simmons and then traded back up to get Herbert?
    Thanks for the comments, that would be incredible for LA. If I was them though I would just take Herbert at 6 rather then risking moving down and someone jumping up to 7 or 8 and taking him. After the top 3 QB's there is a huge drop off IMO and if LA does not come away with 1 of the 3 then they are screwed.

I can't argue with the Okudah point, he probably will go in the top 5-6. You made some good points on Queen about teams who are re-building could be more likely to draft based on his upside rather then his immediate contributions.

I get what your saying about Arizona and it is appealing to load up Murray and that offense, I wouldn't blame Arizona for doing that but their D was ranked dead last in 2019 and needs playmakers and young talent in a big way.

First and foremost I commend you on a solid effort. I appreciate the time you put in, not only posting the picks but explaining. I agree with some of the others statements here and wonít repeat those but will add one other item.

Not a fan of the Neville Gilmore pick. His 40 was super impressive but his other tests were not great. For a DT there are more important things. I think that is a bit early for him. I see him as a second round guy that I would probably avoid. I like Blacklock and even Jordan Elliot a bit more.

I will admit I am down on both the Oklahoma defenders this year, in part because that D was so bad. Great athletes but not difference makers for the team. Plus I canít get past horrible performances by both of them in several games.

That being said, really solid effort. Love the discussion so far. Really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    First and foremost I commend you on a solid effort. I appreciate the time you put in, not only posting the picks but explaining. I agree with some of the others statements here and won’t repeat those but will add one other item.

Not a fan of the Neville Gilmore pick. His 40 was super impressive but his other tests were not great. For a DT there are more important things. I think that is a bit early for him. I see him as a second round guy that I would probably avoid. I like Blacklock and even Jordan Elliot a bit more.

I will admit I am down on both the Oklahoma defenders this year, in part because that D was so bad. Great athletes but not difference makers for the team. Plus I can’t get past horrible performances by both of them in several games.

That being said, really solid effort. Love the discussion so far. Really appreciate it!
    I appreciate the comments and you make some great points. I wouldn't normally have the time to spend ages looking into the top 50 prospects but I'm at home this week due to the lockdown. The one point I would make to people is they have probably watched much more college ball then me, I did not get to see much on TV this year as not many games are shown over here so I have to stream them online. I did try and spend time looking into lots of their snaps on youtube and reading a ton of different scouting reports to get an idea of strengths, weaknesses, potential, and scheme fit.

Regarding Gallimore, I think he is raw but love his size, his non stop motor, and his dominance at the senior bowl, I like to look at the senior bowl as the prospects tend to face other round 1-2 talent on a daily basis at practice. This is from one report on Gallimore at the senior bowl -

While Neville Gallimore didn't necessarily stuff the stat-sheet during the game, he arguably had the best week of practice out of all the prospects in attendance. The 6-foot-2, 302-pound defensive tackle already possessed solid size, but he needed to prove he can be disruptive inside. Well, Gallimore did exactly that.

The big man from Canada consistently won one-on-one drills, and showcased his impressive assortment of pass rush moves. Whether it was power, speed or skill, Gallimore had it all. He flashed dominance, and silenced doubters. It's now quite-clear that if Gallimore is left without a double-team, he can cause serious trouble.

With that in mind, several draft evaluators believe Gallimore may be working his way into the first round. With his combination of strength and athleticism, a prospect like Gallimore is hard to find. Add-in his performance during the Senior Bowl, and the former Sooner may have earned a phone call on day-one of the draft.

Regarding your Sooner comment I do like Murray as well but do not know much about the rest of that D and the talent they played with.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I appreciate the comments and you make some great points. I wouldn't normally have the time to spend ages looking into the top 50 prospects but I'm at home this week due to the lockdown. The one point I would make to people is they have probably watched much more college ball then me, I did not get to see much on TV this year as not many games are shown over here so I have to stream them online. I did try and spend time looking into lots of their snaps on youtube and reading a ton of different scouting reports to get an idea of strengths, weaknesses, potential, and scheme fit.

Regarding Gallimore, I think he is raw but love his size, his non stop motor, and his dominance at the senior bowl, I like to look at the senior bowl as the prospects tend to face other round 1-2 talent on a daily basis at practice. This is from one report on Gallimore at the senior bowl -

While Neville Gallimore didn't necessarily stuff the stat-sheet during the game, he arguably had the best week of practice out of all the prospects in attendance. The 6-foot-2, 302-pound defensive tackle already possessed solid size, but he needed to prove he can be disruptive inside. Well, Gallimore did exactly that.

The big man from Canada consistently won one-on-one drills, and showcased his impressive assortment of pass rush moves. Whether it was power, speed or skill, Gallimore had it all. He flashed dominance, and silenced doubters. It's now quite-clear that if Gallimore is left without a double-team, he can cause serious trouble.

With that in mind, several draft evaluators believe Gallimore may be working his way into the first round. With his combination of strength and athleticism, a prospect like Gallimore is hard to find. Add-in his performance during the Senior Bowl, and the former Sooner may have earned a phone call on day-one of the draft.

Regarding your Sooner comment I do like Murray as well but do not know much about the rest of that D and the talent they played with.
    I will freely admit I have a biased against the Sooners and it tends to affect my assessment of their prospects. I watched the defense get beat up so much this year, I have a hard time looking past it. I am willing to admit I have them lower than others. I have also read similar comments from others, but cant' get past my own biases (or maybe feels like intuition to me).