Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Who Will Be The Bigger Producer This Season - Lindsay or Gordon

I was looking at an early, early 5 round Fantasy Football mock draft by Fabiano, which has Sutton in the 4th round, and Gordon in the 5th....but no Lindsay. He probably was going early in the next round, so odds are they were very close.

For reference, the rules are: This mock draft is based on a 10-team league with a PPR scoring system that rewards four points for touchdown passes and six points for all other touchdowns (rushing, receiving)

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/s...asy-mock-draft

This is not a fantasy thread, rather an opinion of who we see being the more productive player this season. By productive I would say, the player who has more total yards, and downs used. TDs are important as well, but a back can be played much less and still get more TDs. I'll let you all be the judge of production

My gut tells me it will be as close to a 50/50 split as can be expected, but a healthy Gordon might get more touches. However if Lindsay looks healthier/stronger/faster, he will carry more of the load.

What's your take?

(Normally this would be a thread for later in the offseason, but other sports are not exactly happening)

I think Elway overpaid as he always does, but you don't pay 8 million per season for a guy to be a second option. Obviously Shurmur has always featured backs in the passing game, and Lindsay isn't very productive in that area, so I will say Gordon, barring injury of course. I think with a young quarterback you want to utilise the tight-end and running back more in the passing game, and that is why Shurmur is a great fit for Lock, he has a history of doing both of those things. On the ground Lindsay will get his carries, but Gordon will be the first option, at least to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think Elway overpaid as he always does, but you don't pay 8 million per season for a guy to be a second option. Obviously Shurmur has always featured backs in the passing game, and Lindsay isn't very productive in that area, so I will say Gordon, barring injury of course. I think with a young quarterback you want to utilise the tight-end and running back more in the passing game, and that is why Shurmur is a great fit for Lock, he has a history of doing both of those things. On the ground Lindsay will get his carries, but Gordon will be the first option, at least to start the year.
    Elway always over pays?

Huh....

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Elway always over pays?

Huh....
    In recent years correct, yes.

Ok gang....Lindsay or Gordon??

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ok gang....Lindsay or Gordon??
    It appears based on the many points of view in this forum the last week or so since Gordon signed I will say Gordon has the stronger edge.

I just hope both of them will have strong contributions based on how they are utilized from game to game and how will the opposing defenses react to our offensive schemes with these 2 obvious weapons.
    Utah Bronco Freak

I think Lindsay will have more yardage but Gordon will get more TDs. Touches will be pretty close, I think Gordon finishes with 30-40 more

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think Lindsay will have more yardage but Gordon will get more TDs. Touches will be pretty close, I think Gordon finishes with 30-40 more
    I would agree based on Gordon’s receiving ability.

Personally I believe this season will be canceled due to current events.

But when they do play again I think they’ll try to focus on Gordon but Lindsay will once again earn the lead just like season one against freeman.

Hopefully they will both run for a thousand yards each, and we develop a tremendous running game, and take the pressure off of our young QB!

I can see both of then getting close to 1,000 all purpose yards

Taz most rushing yards

Gordon most passing yards and TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I can see both of then getting close to 1,000 all purpose yards
    That would be awesome! Just don’t see it happening unless Gordon is injured or a failed experiment.

Gordon should be getting 2/3 of the touches. All his stats should reflect that. Especially TDs. His percentage of RedZone chances should be even more lopsided. His strength, not Lindsey’s.

Stats will likely reflect the opportunity. If the backs combined for that 2000 all purpose yards ( hopefully more) then I would expect the stats to show that opportunity. Ex: 1300 for Gordon/ 700 for Lindsey.

Which makes me wonder if Lindsey will be playing more STs ? Dynamic with the ball, do they risk having him return KOs or punts to get him touches.?

Exciting just talking about their total production!

To me better the player who has impact that allows us to win games but that is hard to answer and even harder to discuss on the internet.

I say Gordon has more fantasy points. That includes a combination of rush yard, passing yards, receptions and TDs.

Lindsay will have a good year but in the past we had to rely on him for big plays. Now we will have two backs who can yield big plays so Lindsay will have less opportunities. What I hope comes from this is a growth experience like what happened with Von when we got Ware. Gordon is not up to the level of Ware in terms of production nor leadership but I can still hope.
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-04-2020 at 11:36 AM.