Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Hopefully they will both run for a thousand yards each, and we develop a tremendous running game, and take the pressure off of our young QB!
    After some time of consideration this is the main reason we have Gordon imo

Worst thing that can happen to Lock in 2020 would be for Lindsay to get hurt and for Lock to have to carry the team offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    To me better the player who has impact that allows us to win games but that is hard to answer and even harder to discuss on the internet.

I say Gordon has more fantasy stats. That includes a combination of rush yard, passing yards, receptions and TDs.

Lindsay will have a good year but in the past we had to rely on him for big plays. Now we will have two backs who can yield big plays so Lindsay will have less opportunities. What I hope comes from this is a growth experience like what happened with Von when we got Ware. Gordon is not up to the level of Ware in terms of production nor leadership but I can still hope.
    This is why I wonder if Lindsay might question the need for Gordon, given his #1 status as a Bronco, and that he has delivered. Then again, he may be the ultimate trooper and be glad for the addition of such a good player, and welcome the competition at the same time.

Now, had it been a couple of years ago, things may be totally different, given Gordon's high level status. He was amazing then!

Hopefully the tandem will work together as a true tandem, and make this team better. But as many might agree, when you are #1 it can be a bit of a kick to the ego, and a decline in your usage....and for a young talented player, that could translate to reduced output, less likelihood of awards/recognition, and even potential salary loss, depending on the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Hopefully they will both run for a thousand yards each, and we develop a tremendous running game, and take the pressure off of our young QB!
    I don't believe that's ever happened in NFL history (rushing only) but there's a first time for everything but highly improbable for this to happen. I like your positive thinking though Capt.

And I agree, a solid running game will create great balance and definitely take the pressure off of our young QB!
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This is why I wonder if Lindsay might question the need for Gordon, given his #1 status as a Bronco, and that he has delivered. Then again, he may be the ultimate trooper and be glad for the addition of such a good player, and welcome the competition at the same time.

Now, had it been a couple of years ago, things may be totally different, given Gordon's high level status. He was amazing then!

Hopefully the tandem will work together as a true tandem, and make this team better. But as many might agree, when you are #1 it can be a bit of a kick to the ego, and a decline in your usage....and for a young talented player, that could translate to reduced output, less likelihood of awards/recognition, and even potential salary loss, depending on the timing.
    So true! Many times the "ego" in athletes can/does get in the way of team objectives, to give the team the best ability to win.

The motto "One for all and all for one" could/should be practiced more by many athletes if they would stifle their ego more than they do.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    So true! Many times the "ego" in athletes can/does get in the way of team objectives, to give the team the best ability to win.

The motto "One for all and all for one" could/should be practiced more by many athletes if they would stifle their ego more than they do.
    Can you imagine the potential O production we will have with Lock showing likely progress, Lindsay and Gordon anchoring the backfield, Sutton and quite possibly a really good WR from The Draft, and some TE contributions (lets hope Fant improves as well)?! D Coordinators will have a real challenge preparing for this team!! And in those last 5 games, I saw some real play design creativity as well, and that's how you gain competitive advantage, getting even more out of your actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    I don't believe that's ever happened in NFL history (rushing only) but there's a first time for everything but highly improbable for this to happen. I like your positive thinking though Capt.

And I agree, a solid running game will create great balance and definitely take the pressure off of our young QB!
    Its been done 6 times since 1972

Broncos almost got it with Anderson & Bell in 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post

Here's an odd one...

Lamar Jackson - 1,206
    Mark Ingram - 1,018

Yeah we just missed. It would have been the first time it wasn't two starters with Tatum coming off the bench. The earlier duos were all HB/FB combos.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Yeah we just missed. It would have been the first time it wasn't two starters with Tatum coming off the bench. The earlier duos were all HB/FB combos.
    Bell 921/8 TD's

Anderson 1014/12 TD's

2005 was an epic season. I was upset in 2006 when Anderson left and Baltimore basically shelved him for 2 seasons.
    Last edited by rst08tierney; 04-04-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Bell 921/8 TD's

Anderson 1014/12 TD's

2005 was an epic season. I was upset in 2006 when Anderson left and Baltimore basically shelved him for 2 seasons.
    Mike Anderson is on my all-time Bronco most underrated team. He was like meat tenderizer that would soften up the D and when they got tired of bouncing off him, here came Tatum with the speed. Anderson was both a good RB and a good FB for us.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ok gang....Lindsay or Gordon??
    IF both are healthy for the whole season, it should be Gordon by 500+ total yards. Lindsay will be a change of pace back abd likely not be featured in goal line situations. If Lindsay can add a few pounds, I expect him to sttle into Ekeler-type role.

Shurmur was an OC or HC for the last 11 seasons. As the man mostly running the offense, he really didnt split carries as much as some here are hoping for. He did a few years, when the position lacked talent, but from the looks of it, he really is a fan of the "bell-cow" back.

Here are the carry counts from his offenses' top two ball carriers in each of the last 11 years:

2019: 217 to 45

2018: 261 to 51

2017: 216 to 150

2016: 159 to 121

2015: 193 to 106

2014: 312 to 57

2013: 314 to 75

2012: 267 to 65

2011: 161 to 88

2010: 330 to 34

2009: 324 to 27

Due to contract alone, Gordon is RB1. I believe he will get more touches than Lindsey.

Going to be interesting to see if Gordon can carry the load as pointed out above. Broncos paid for the Gordon of a couple seasons ago. So it seems the FO expectations may be there. Hope that is who shows up.

I would prefer a more balanced approach that gave both the opportunities.

Lindsay will finally be used properly as a change of pace back.

Gordon is here to take the throne unless somehow Lindsay puts together a Kamara like season when Ingram was still in NO.

I think this is going to be an interesting "experiment" if you will. I do believe Gordon has more overall talent, even still. Lindsay may have eventually run himself out, as he gives you 100% on every down. And he's not that big. This may lengthen his career. But to his credit, the young man never quits, is full of energy, and no doubt gives his mates added motivation.